Morton vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, sabbath said:

Now Caldwell knows what's ahead. The last clown has left him with a team of Bingers and Sky Rockets. we carefully skirted around the manager who built the team for Archibald, so Gary your the man. We are in serious trouble the best we can salvage is not to go down again. The board should have been sacked for allowing Archibald to continue after the Livingston game. Batten down the hatches because its going to be a long dark Christmas.    

Spot on.  The whole outlook from getting top six has been dire.  It only got us used to regular hammerings after the split which continued all last season. There was never a doubt who was winning the play off place. Never.

We should have went for Goodwin. No doubt in my mind he would have knocked fcuk out of half of the squad by now and shipped out the other half.

We give pish a bad name.....

24 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

i believe archie offered his resignation but was not accepted (payout for both i hear was approx 180k ?)

If you offer your resignation you waive your right to a payout, he offered to walk only if his contract was paid out in full.

From what I’ve been told he’s still being paid till his contract expires (End of May) but if he finds a job the club will waive their claim for components and the wages stop then.

Just now, laukat said:

The wind behind us in the first half masked the daft team selection the manager started with. we seemed to be a 4-3-1-2 with Spittal in behind the strikers. Blair Spittal only plays when the suns shining and even then its only on special occassions. He was so anonymous it meant we were so narrow and Morton could pressure our fullbacks. Sure neough Elliot sat back twice and allowed the Morton left back to pick his man in the box which he did twice.

I hope we find out that McGinty was taken off after hitting the manager and giving the manager a concusion as thats the only way in which I can explain the decision to take him off and then the utterly stupidly decision to ignore the left centre back sitting on the bench (Scobbie) and play Keown, Elliot and McCarthy out of position. When you looked at who we were fielding in the second half it didn't take a genius to understand we were going to get turned over.

Elliot in my eyes was at fault for the first 4 Morton goals (I left after the 4th went in). How on earth Blair Spittal stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Never want to see Blair Spittal in a Thistle Jersey again.  I won't be  be back at a game whilst we play Elliot at right back and I'm seriously considering not going back while Gary Caldwell is the manager.

Dick Cambell's desision to play Derek Fleming as a left back went down in Firhill history as being one of the stupidest but Caldwell surpassed him today. A sackable performance in its own right.  Relegation now looks odds on.

Loving this.......in a macbre sort of way.

There's no pleasure in saying this. I know he's only 3 games in but laukat is on the money.

That performance.

That selection.

That set up, tactics whatever it was is that of a PE teacher playing footbal management on a saturday morning.

It's as clear as the nose on my face. I too have seen all 3 games and as some have already said here it's like archie never left. This guy is taking us to the same place archie was taking us, Div1. The board fell for his patter, dossier on all the players? Utter sh1te. I can get that from wikipedia. Complete fools imho. 

Sack the feckin board before it's too late. Oh, we can't and it is.

Hohum, mon the jags. Pure f@cking ragin. Waste of money and petrol. I'd have been better off smackin my balls in a door jam and setting fire to my toes

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

If you offer your resignation you waive your right to a payout, he offered to walk only if his contract was paid out in full.

From what I’ve been told he’s still being paid till his contract expires (End of May) but if he finds a job the club will waive their claim for components and the wages stop then.

i wish archie all the best but he should hae been bagged after the livi games

Just now, watties wallies said:

i wish archie all the best but he should hae been bagged after the livi games

All fair enough. Wish neither he nor scott any badness. A sorry would have been nice. They started this mess........after a great run of success it has to be said and a huge thanks for all the fun times but this isvl the here and now. They fu#ked up big time. 

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

well then if that is the case then its a thumbs up from me for the board . thistle legend ? 

22 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The recruitment policy has been shocking for the last  5 years, basically getting what’s left after the season has started Martin Woods being a perfect example , I’m not sure if that’s a financial decision by the Club or mismanagement 

It is beyond belief that we haven’t got a team that is competitive in this division, the Board might well be culpable with the parachute payments we’ve received, the prize money from the SPFL , the 400k we got through Celtic’s European campaign, that money hasn’t been invested in the playing side of the Club , it hasn’t been invested in the Reserve Team , the under 18s don’t even get expenses contracts , so it would be a pertinent question to ask is the money being ringfenced for something else  ( new training ground ) or is something else going on behind the scenes Propco ? that we don’t know about but after what I’ve watched today they’ve totally got their priorities totally wrong because that was a disgrace .

Spot on I reckon . Also we've no chance of getting anyone decent in January. What player will want to join a club staring at relegation to League 1? A total omnishambles.

6 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Caldwell interview on Jagszone... seems like McGinty was hooked for the goals... he’ll be oot the door in January then...

The only players he mentions as showing appetite and desire we’re Fitzpatrick and McCarthey, I expect half that team to be released in January if not before 

2 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

seems like McGinty was hooked for the goals

If thats true Caldwell should be sacked.  We lost 2 goals in the first half so how does he explain the 3 in the second half? If he doesn't see the problem with the first 2 goals was their leftback skinning Christie and picking his spot he needs a serious look at himself.

He basically threw any chance of getting back into the game by subbing McGinty and choosing to play Keown, Elliot and McCarthy out of positon. Beyond that he's also thrown McCarthy and Elliot under the bus.

Archie should have went after the 4-0 loss at county because he got his selection and tactics totally wrong. Caldwell got his selection, tactics, formation, substitutes and has now scapegoated the wrong player in a post match interview. He needs to go that was unacceptable

I really do blame the fans. Low self esteem as ****. Defended Archie until the bitter end. Even after Livi it was " but who else could do the job?". Congratulating the club all over social media for sticking with Archie. Ridiculed fans who wanted a change. No other clubs fans of a similar stature would have put up with this shit for so long. We get what we deserve. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hankey said:

I really do blame the fans. Low self esteem as ****. Defended Archie until the bitter end. Even after Livi it was " but who else could do the job?". Congratulating the club all over social media for sticking with Archie. Ridiculed fans who wanted a change. No other clubs fans of a similar stature would have put up with this shit for so long. We get what we deserve. 

^ this.

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The only players he mentions as showing appetite and desire we’re Fitzpatrick and McCarthey, I expect half that team to be released in January if not before 

I don't dispute what you say but they would have to all be replaced and the January window is not  really conducive for wholesale changes therefore we have a major problem!

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The recruitment policy has been shocking for the last  5 years, basically getting what’s left after the season has started Martin Woods being a perfect example , I’m not sure if that’s a financial decision by the Club or mismanagement 

It is beyond belief that we haven’t got a team that is competitive in this division, the Board might well be culpable with the parachute payments we’ve received, the prize money from the SPFL , the 400k we got through Celtic’s European campaign, that money hasn’t been invested in the playing side of the Club , it hasn’t been invested in the Reserve Team , the under 18s don’t even get expenses contracts , so it would be a pertinent question to ask is the money being ringfenced for something else  ( new training ground ) or is something else going on behind the scenes Propco ? that we don’t know about but after what I’ve watched today they’ve totally got their priorities totally wrong because that was a disgrace .

It is truly shambolic.

We have changed manager which was the correct decision. We have appointed GC, not my choice  but time will tell.

I think we as a Club need to  take stock of the position we are in and decide what we want and  the way forward. This season is already a write off- with this group of players / attitude, there is no way we will get promoted so the focus should be on ensuring we stay in the Division and buildia squad/ group of players who will serve us well going forward. Personally, I would not mind losing 1-5 to Morton if it was with a team of young players learning their trade - I could accept results like that happen. I believe if the fans saw a team giving their all and playing an attractive style of football and improving over time, they would and should accept bad results. What we cannot accept is lack of effort and  basic mistakes being repeated week after week.

So for me, I would say:

forget about this season in terms of promotion.

Build a team of promising youngsters and good professionals who will help them.

Ditch the journeymen/- never will be's and the bad influences, ie Bell, Elliott,Spittal, Storer, Storey, Scobbie ..

Tell the fans how you intend to play, explain the strategy is to build a team over 3-5 years based on youth and that there will be bad results along the way. As long as the  supporters see a improvement and effort, I believe they will be happy/ satisfied. What we will not tolerate is a half hearted effort from a group of disinterested never will be's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankey said:

i agree with that however we do have some decent players at the club, its all about cutting out the deadwood and building a team that will get us out of this league

2 minutes ago, Hankey said:

Guan yerself Hankey.  You will no doubt be battered for daring to tell the truth.  Gonna be a barrage of "We're better than that" coming your way.

Come to think of it we could use it as the club motto to replace the old Partick Thistle nil one, after all we did score a goal today and that's a pretty rare event.

1 minute ago, Camallain said:

I don't dispute what you say but they would have to all be replaced and the January window is not  really conducive for wholesale changes therefore we have a major problem!

Exactly - anybody decent will be signed up, not that much chance of change except for running repairs.

We're stuck with this lot until the end of the season. Staying up is the objective now.

12 minutes ago, Hankey said:

Totally correct. I sat and watched even after the County game when I knew that Archie had to go.

I won't be making the same mistake again so I'm voting with my feet. Haven't felt this way about Thistle since Dick Campbell was in charge. I love going to Thistle game's but the level of incompetence on display makes it impossible to enjoy. I won't be back with Caldwell in charge.

27 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

He made that point very clearly, didn't he? Maybe next week we'll get a team of young players on the park like that time injury forced us to play a team of youngsters against Dundee Utd at home.