Morton vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

21 hours ago, Jag said:

Yes. Gets caught wrong side of his man at first allowing him time and space to score and and doesn't challenge for the header at the second, allowing a free header for the goal.

Totally agree.

Elliott culpable for doing nothing - neither going to challenge the winger or getting in the way of the cross- but McGinty was also a major factor in both goals.  

No matter how it gets there,set pieces,crosses, a dribble,whenever the ball is in our box I feel a goal is coming for our opponents . We fail to be first to the ball most times or to pick up second balls in there. There doesn’t seem to be much communication between keeper and centre halves,and centre halves and full backs. Would hope GC is drilling these guys day on day,although it’s not looking like it just now,I hope it can come good soon. I was surprised at the half time changes,which in hindsight was obviously a big mistake. I don’t have a problem with a new manager trying new things,but I hope he’s learning quickly what this squads strengths and weaknesses are and what’s required in January. Gutted on Saturday obviously, but always thought after Archie went it’d take time to build a new side,and that it’d get worse before it hopefully gets better. 

16 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Getting fed up of Slater as well, he lost the ball in the run up to the 1st and 4th goals. A very powderpuff player who is the king of the useless crossfield pass and the 30 yard curled shot high and wide of the goal. 

I think Slater playing as the most forward of the midfielders could be good. However I would drop him in favour of a more defensive midfielder so that the central 3 midfielders becomes McCarthy-Brice-Bannigan and we can better protect the back 4.

It woudl also allow Erskine on one flank, Fitzpatrick on the other with Quitongo or Coulibally as the striker to be less constrained by defensive duties. When we defend its a 4-5-1 when we attack its a 4-3-3.