The Gaffer

29 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Wasn’t joint lowest with Hamilton. He clearly wasn’t sacked after just 7 games at the very least 18 months of going downhill, failure to have turned up at the playoffs and then relegation would have been taken into account.

as for no longer Archie’s responsibility with the players  - but whoever the new manager appointed he can’t be blamed presently on having signed those players 

He didn't sign them . He is was given the job to motivate the team and enhance there performance . Anyone who has seen the 3 games a don't think can put up a argument that he has failed . As for archie everyone been spouting there shite about the last 18 months. They board kept him on he had 7 games and was sacked . So he clearly was sacked after 7 games and replaced with a ***** . So archie won 3 games lost 4 and was sacked . So how many games do we give this ***** .  I say no points on saturday sack him along with those who gave him the job .

48 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

He would but I’m sure he wouldn’t play the same system , possession football with absolutely no cutting edge as the previous incumbent which led to relegation last year . 

Think the fans would accept some defeats if they could see a different system, maybe a pressing game higher up the park , getting a box to box midfield player to make things happen and support the forward/ s

Think over the last 3 games we’ve created about 5 chances if you’re lucky which tells a tale with regards to how many goals we’ve scored all season, unfortunately it looks as he’s been reading the Alan Archibald coaching manual.

Hopefully he can change it but I’m not so sure

Goes to my point ...the squad is woeful 

57 minutes ago, lefty1876 said:

He didn't sign them . He is was given the job to motivate the team and enhance there performance . Anyone who has seen the 3 games a don't think can put up a argument that he has failed . As for archie everyone been spouting there shite about the last 18 months. They board kept him on he had 7 games and was sacked . So he clearly was sacked after 7 games and replaced with a ***** . So archie won 3 games lost 4 and was sacked . So how many games do we give this ***** .  I say no points on saturday sack him along with those who gave him the job .

It’s hard to motivate duds and guys who are clearly not interested.

the board would have considered the last 18 months when they got rid of him not 7 games 

7 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

the board would have considered the last 18 months when they got rid of him not 7 games 

Wal manager is a dick and its still archie' fault unbelievable . A think the problem is a lot of fans wanted archie sacked which is fair enough but they don't want to criticize the new manager. The board got it wrong the managers tactics are wrong he can't motivate the team so all the board and some fans have is it's  archie's fault  . Doesn't matter who is right or wrong here we are in trouble the board is flapping the manager is a ***** . How long do you think we should put up with this ?

22 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

And what did the board consider when employing this dick didn't have a great record . How blew away is the chairman with gary's interview now . Doesn't matter if we get relegated it's archie's fault . What's your thoughts.

Speaking to a work colleague today who is a St Mirren fan. They’re in the same boat as us - new manager, no new manager bounce, no improved results.

But like us, the manager is saddled with the dross that his predecessor signed and can’t do anything about it till January. He has faith that the manager will come good - so should we.

I spoke to a few Morton fans today who remember Spittal from his Dundee United days and thought he was a real player who tore them apart on a few occassions. They thought I was daft when I said he was a waste of space until I asked him what they thought of him on Saturday.

The common response was are you sure he was playing? When I told them he played the full 90 minutes they quickly came around to my opinion.

Still can't be believe he started and didn't get subbed. Litterally cannot think of him playing a pass or making a tackle.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Speaking to a work colleague today who is a St Mirren fan. They’re in the same boat as us - new manager, no new manager bounce, no improved results.

But like us, the manager is saddled with the dross that his predecessor signed and can’t do anything about it till January. He has faith that the manager will come good - so should we.

As I recall when St Mirren sacked their manager and brought in Jack Ross they were in a worse league position than us and there was no major improvement until January when they had a large turnover in players. Hopefully we can pick up some wins before January then make the necessary changes.

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

January window will be interesting for a change. With us,St.Mirren and I would think Dundee, Who also haven't had the new manager bounce all looking for near enough a new team.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Goes to my point ...the squad is woeful 

The squad is not woeful.

The results have been woeful.

The style of play has been woeful

The performances have been woeful.

We have a better squad than most teams in the league, apart from a good central defence and cover at right back.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Big Col said:

What your man did with Coleraine was remarkable. Managers don't turn shite overnight. I don't think Caldwell has turned shite overnight either. There's a steel and determination about him which I like. Can't believe the guy is getting called a dick on this forum-3 games!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 12:22 AM, lefty1876 said:

Anyone who has been to all 3 of his games must be able to see he is clueless. And archie got sacked after 7 games . Not 18 months of underachieving . The board admits it never invested in the team joint lowest budget with hamilton . Won the league kept us there for five season's and he is underachieving what more do u want . 

Not entirely true, our wage to turnover ratio was 70% 3rd highest for the league behind County & Rangers

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1059724303564988416

22 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

What your man did with Coleraine was remarkable. Managers don't turn shite overnight. I don't think Caldwell has turned shite overnight either. There's a steel and determination about him which I like. Can't believe the guy is getting called a dick on this forum-3 games!

True. Caldwell hasn't turned into a shite manager overnight. He has been a shite manager for well over 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2018 at 9:59 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

As I recall when St Mirren sacked their manager and brought in Jack Ross they were in a worse league position than us and there was no major improvement until January when they had a large turnover in players. Hopefully we can pick up some wins before January then make the necessary changes.

Thats not quite right he took over mid October and you are right there was no immediate bounce but in December they won 2 drew 2 and narrowly lost away at dindee United   This was a vast improvement before the january  window  

10 hours ago, jaf said:

Thats not quite right he took over mid October and you are right there was no immediate bounce but in December they won 2 drew 2 and narrowly lost away at dindee United   This was a vast improvement before the january  window  

Thanks for that, I remember that they did not get that immediate lift (same as us) but he did get it turned around once he had settled in (hopefully same as us).

On 11/5/2018 at 9:25 PM, lefty1876 said:

Wal manager is a dick and its still archie' fault unbelievable . A think the problem is a lot of fans wanted archie sacked which is fair enough but they don't want to criticize the new manager. The board got it wrong the managers tactics are wrong he can't motivate the team so all the board and some fans have is it's  archie's fault  . Doesn't matter who is right or wrong here we are in trouble the board is flapping the manager is a ***** . How long do you think we should put up with this ?

Until the end of the season. New signings will be made in January and will take time to bed in. The alternative is we change the manager every month which would be a tad disruptive.

Shanks, Stein and Fergie would have problems trying to sort the mess that the last Bam left. 

First game: see the strength of what you'd been left with.

Second game: try a few changes.

Third game: try some pattern play.

Fourth game ICT: darling buds of improvement.

It shows how far we fell when Elliot is even considered one of our better players. The defence is a must, Bell cant command his box and rooted to the goal line, and big Sean cant header a ball. And our Christie.............how about chief raffle ticket salesman in the Lambie stand.