Stickers on season ticketed seats

marcia blaine

My JHS seat is slightly apart from the centre of the stand, and there’s no sticker on it to say it’s reserved.

Is that the case for everyone or is it just me? Hard to tell because I’m away from most ST holders.

Every week there’s someone in my seat. I can usually sit nearby but a) there’ll come a time when I can’t and b) I could be nicking someone else’s seat.

Just wondering if it’s an oversight or something I’ll need to address myself (by making an official-looking sticker of my own :D )

Edited by marcia blaine

This should be fairly straightforward, the club should send you a sticker with your name and the season on it and you then take it along at the first game you go to. Even if they would make them and let you pick them up rather than posting them out. I would happily add £1-2 to my season ticket to get this. Although my pensioner dad wouldn't as he is still miffed they jacked up the OAP season tickets when we got relegated...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flashman said:

This should be fairly straightforward, the club should send you a sticker with your name and the season on it and you then take it along at the first game you go to. Even if they would make them and let you pick them up rather than posting them out. I would happily add £1-2 to my season ticket to get this. Although my pensioner dad wouldn't as he is still miffed they jacked up the OAP season tickets when we got relegated...

Why should a ST holder have to go collect a sticker from the club and stick it on to his seat. The ST guarantees your own seat for home league games, it’s the clubs responsibility to do this.

What next the ST holders turn up with a bucket and a sponge to clear the pigeon shit off the seats, or bring their own tool kit to fix their seat after Celtic visit

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jag said:

Our seats actually have stickers on them but we still have to regularly move people from sitting on them. 

The stewards tell everybody that they can sit wherever they like.

Where I sit it's the opposite. Folk come into the ST area, realise seats reserved and show their tickets to the nearby steward. He directs them to the seats as per their tickets, which of course is unnecessary and no doubt leads to further confusion. What's so difficult in just telling folk they can sit anywhere that doesn't have a reserved sticker? 

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Where I sit it's the opposite. Folk come into the ST area, realise seats reserved and show their tickets to the nearby steward. He directs them to the seats as per their tickets, which of course is unnecessary and no doubt leads to further confusion. What's so difficult in just telling folk they can sit anywhere that doesn't have a reserved sticker? 

That's what I don't get.  It surely can't be that hard?

I find it quite embarrassing asking people to move and have had a couple of near altercations because of it.  Needless situation. I emailed the club about it but nothing has changed.

There was also a time last season a guy insisted he sat in my seat every week and refused to move at first. He came over at half time and apologised to be fair but I hadn't actually missed a game before that point so I don't know what he was on..

I was proud to be a Thistle fan and probably deep down still am but have to admit I didn't realise how precious some Jags fans were and this is a prime example of what I mean. There's plenty of seats it holds over 6000 and we attract 2000 just sit in one.

23 hours ago, Metz said:

I was proud to be a Thistle fan and probably deep down still am but have to admit I didn't realise how precious some Jags fans were and this is a prime example of what I mean. There's plenty of seats it holds over 6000 and we attract 2000 just sit in one.

Example of what you mean about what?

Given the state of the club at the moment, the OPs point may seem trivial. However, it is not. Season ticket holders are given the option of retaining their chosen seat. It should, therefore, be available to them to sit on. In the area of customer relations, the club really needs a kick up the ar5e. 

10 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Given the state of the club at the moment, the OPs point may seem trivial. However, it is not. Season ticket holders are given the option of retaining their chosen seat. It should, therefore, be available to them to sit on. In the area of customer relations, the club really needs a kick up the ar5e. 

The stickers on seats, the HT draw being impossible to claim, the massive downgrade of Jagszone all add the the feeling the club is heading in the wrong direction, the basics with customer engagement are being done poorly, add this to the poor performances over last 18 months and you have the perfect mix for losing fans

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The stickers on seats, the HT draw being impossible to claim, the massive downgrade of Jagszone all add the the feeling the club is heading in the wrong direction, the basics with customer engagement are being done poorly, add this to the poor performances over last 18 months and you have the perfect mix for losing fans

Not to mention the rubbish tannoy, unintelligible in the North Stand. Not a huge loss perhaps, but it would be nice to know who the half-time guest was.