ICT vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

1 minute ago, dougie247 said:

Caldwell set it up correctly .. this is squarely on the players.. should of had a couple of goals there easy.. Also the ref what a twat

Agreed. To sum up. Quitongo and Fitzpatrick straight through and failed miserably to score. Dools missed from 8 yards. Missed a penalty. Played well first half. Below average second half. Scunnered but we were better......and yes I know it's a results business.

Falkirk just got their first win. They got in  a manager that has slowly started to make the existing squad harder to beat. Their squad is worse than ours but Mckinnon knows first thing is make yourself hard to beat. We're getting worse not better and unless something massive changes between now and next week Falkirk will beat us.

I would forget about missed chances today the only thing that mattered was not conceding. With the line up we put out we were always going to loose at least 1 and to expect a team thats scored 2 goals in 6 games to score 2 goals in one game is not realistic. Every opposition manager knows we can't keep a clean sheet. All they do is defend deep and then know we will cough up a goal, we need to reverse that not expect to blow teams away.

Its difficult to see where any points are coming from but not to worry the January transfer window will magically save us because all the other teams around us will obviously have a worse window than us and the people in charge at our club having shown such great sucess in previous transfer windows.

This is  slow moving trainwreck and no-one at the club seems to have an idea if how to stop it. Our support is sitting on its hand meekly accepting the performances and the inane excuses our manager, board and chief exec trot.  Looks to me like apathy has kicked in.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, laukat said:

Falkirk just got their first win. They got in  a manager that has slowly started to make the existing squad harder to beat. Their squad is worse than ours but Mckinnon knows first thing is make yourself hard to beat. We're getting worse not better and unless something massive changes between now and next week Falkirk will beat us.

I would forget about missed chances today the only thing that mattered was not conceding. With the line up we put out we were always going to loose at least 1 and to expect a team thats scored 2 goals in 6 games to score 2 goals in one game is not realistic. Every opposition manager knows we can't keep a clean sheet. All they do is defend deep and then know we will cough up a goal, we need to reverse that not expect to blow teams away.

Its difficult to see where any points are coming from but not to worry the January transfer window will magically save us because all the other teams around us will obviously have a worse window than us and the people in charge at our club having shown such great sucess in previous transfer windows.

This is  slow moving trainwreck and no-one at the club seems to have an idea if how to stop it. Our support is sitting on its hand meekly accepting the performances and the inane excuses our manager, board and chief exec trot.  Looks to me like apathy has kicked in.

Don't agree when you say we are getting worse. It's the best I've seen us play since the win v QOS. I'm not apathetic in the slightest, Just pragmatic that Caldwell needs time the same as all new managers. As you say McKinnon at falkirk hardly got off to a flying start....

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

Don't agree when you say we are getting worse. It's the best I've seen us play since the win v QOS. I'm not apathetic in the slightest, Just pragmatic that Caldwell needs time the same as all new managers. As you say McKinnon at falkirk hardly got off to a flying start.... 

My point isn't so much about today when I say we are getting worse its more aimed at the results over the season. We've lost the last 6 in a row and haven't kept a clean sheet in the last 10.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Spittals penalty was terrible 

doolan had 2 great chances in the first half and did nothing with them 

Quitongo was anonymous 

still don’t think we deserved to lose 

For as long as the team's two methods of attacking consist of play down the wings with crosses and long balls to our non-existent giant target man, the results will keep coming like this. The only time when the Inverness team looked really uneasy was when McGinty (of all people!) took the ball through the centre, and they didn't know how to provide cover. The team's tactics are so predictable that even a semi-professional team like Alloa Athletic can be set up to snuff out our attacks and wait for a quick counter-attack to yield a shot on goal. All that fancy possession retained on the wings won't matter a damn if nobody scores, and other managers can all see how to shepherd our players away from the danger area in front of goals. (Of course, it helps if any direct shots, such as Sp****l's, just get skied. I won't even mention how pointless it is giving a penalty to that loser. Why does anyone think Dundee United let him go? :doh:)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, laukat said:

Got to disagree , you were obviously watching a different game or hadn’t been to any of the 4 or 5 games prior . Even though we got beat there were signs there it will turn. Thought there was more energy about the team , also thought they looked a bit fitter . It makes a change coming out of a game saying we actually missed chances , we deserved a draw at the very least against a team who have went 25 games unbeaten.  We’ve got to back Gary Caldwell and hopefully get a team spirit and maybe a little bit of siege mentality back into the Club , huge game next week 

• Like 1