ICT vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

14 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Not at his best and he would have scored two of those chances on another day but I thought he linked really well with Jai and I also think opposing defences are aware of who he is as a player-I think just having Doolz on the park is a good thing.

Agreed,

He is a class act and had 2 exquisite touches to play Quitongo and Fitzpatrick in. 

Not at his best but those 2 touches alone should have led to goals. 

3 hours ago, flashman said:

Set up 2 good chances, missed 2 good chances, not much involved other than that.

Scores one of his chances and if the two assists are converted he'd be MotM. 

Btw kinda surprised that Doolan managed 90 mins today. He was evidently touch and go to play during the week. Even playing two/three up with no real replacement on the bench he probably had to pace himself. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

5 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Nonsense, led the line well allowing Quitongo to express himself, the two set ups , one for Quitongo in the first half and the other for Fitzpatrick in the second half were equisite , the only downside were the chances which he possibly should have scored , we looked a different team with Doolan playing from the nonsense of the previous week . He was the only change from the team that played against Morton and made a big difference in how we played  today .

So Doolan was the difference between last week and today, get a grip.  He's a striker who's not scoring end of!

Much better performance yesterday. Clear improvement all over the park.

Confidence has a huge part to play in things and everybody knows that, at the moment, we have absolutely zero. Once we get a win or two I'm sure we'll be OK. Quitongo, Fitzpatrick and Spittal with glaring misses that, on another day, would all go in. Throw in Doolan's half chances as well and we created more than enough to take something from the game.

We definitely deserved a point and , had the penalty been scored, I would have expected us to go on and win the match.

Also meant to say, Spittal's penalty was a shocker but I still thought he was the best player on the park. Storey also had a good game and I thought we lost a bit of momentum when he went off. Definitely looks more comfortable on the right.

Both players have been heavily criticised in recent weeks but massive improvement from the pair yesterday. 

• Like 2

Spittal and Storey DID play well 1st half(although Storey’s efforts as usual all came to zero). But they were back to their rank rotten worst in the 2nd half as we were blown away.

Spittal clearly has some talent but rarely shows it, why I’ll never know. Nobody had any confidence that he would score the penalty. 

However we were terrific in that 1st half and could have had it sown up. Promising striking partnership I thought and wee Jai getting in about the play acting opposing centre backs.

There was also an excellent performance by Christie for the full 90 which was great to see.

So, a far better game and some progress but we still got beat by a crap team.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:20 AM, Moantherags said:

So Doolan was the difference between last week and today, get a grip.  He's a striker who's not scoring end of!

Were you at the game caller.....??????

17 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

A 7th consecutive defeat. With a few honourable exceptions the players at PTFC really are nothing less than a total disgrace.

I'm taking a punt that you didn't go to the game cos if you had you'd not be quite as negative i'm thinking.

I was of the same mind set until saturday. But i am mindful that one game does not a season make AND we lost, but all of the players were much improved on previous performances

Edited by Guest
Shooking spooling........

9 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Spittal and Storey DID play well 1st half(although Storey’s efforts as usual all came to zero). But they were back to their rank rotten worst in the 2nd half as we were blown away.

Spittal clearly has some talent but rarely shows it, why I’ll never know. Nobody had any confidence that he would score the penalty. 

However we were terrific in that 1st half and could have had it sown up. Promising striking partnership I thought and wee Jai getting in about the play acting opposing centre backs.

There was also an excellent performance by Christie for the full 90 which was great to see.

So, a far better game and some progress but we still got beat by a crap team.

I liked this then read your last para. I don't agree ict are crap. Not pretty, but very effective. They rode their luck in the first half but for 10 mins at the end of the 1st and for the middle 20 in the 2nd they were fast and effective going forwards. I'd be happy if our team were where they are.

Still like your post tho, i'm excited with the jai/dools partnership. Early days but they look very good and will improve. A lawless type player in behind then would be splendid

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I liked this then read your last para. I don't agree ict are crap. Not pretty, but very effective. They rode their luck in the first half but for 10 mins at the end of the 1st and for the middle 20 in the 2nd they were fast and effective going forwards. I'd be happy if our team were where they are.

Still like your post tho, i'm excited with the jai/dools partnership. Early days but they look very good and will improve. A lawless type player in behind then would be splendid

Oh, what would give to be in their position?

Their number 7 looked quite useful but they had nobody to be concerned about and they kept giving us the ball back.

We gave away Ridgers and Welsh And possibly could have had Donaldson and McKay. Certainly didn’t want any of them at the time.

But perhaps they are better than what we have?

Just now, Weebaw1 said:

Oh, what would give to be in their position?

Their number 7 looked quite useful but they had nobody to be concerned about and they kept giving us the ball back.

We gave away Ridgers and Welsh And possibly could have had Donaldson and McKay. Certainly didn’t want any of them at the time.

But perhaps they are better than what we have?

Frighteningly they appear to be

Just now, javeajag said:

I think the key question is : is the squad good enough 

on the evidence of two managers so far this season the answer is no 

Good enough to go up or good enough to avoid relegation.......or good enough to "play the thistle way" ???

On 11/11/2018 at 2:20 AM, Moantherags said:

I typed up an argument against this.  Then I noticed 'end of!' and had to delete it, because end of.  Fact.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I'm taking a punt that you didn't go to the game cos if you had you'd not be quite as negative i'm thinking.

I was of the same mind set until saturday. But i am mindful that one game does not a season make AND we lost, but all of the players were much improved on previous performances

Agree, we were much better on Saturday. As I have said in other posts , we have to play the same this Saturday and every other game, but take our chances.

7 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

How about a fit and on form Erskine behind them.

5 hours ago, Paulo said:

I typed up an argument against this.  Then I noticed 'end of!' and had to delete it, because end of.  Fact.  

If you had been at Cappielow you would have seen Jai Quitongo can’t play a lone striker role , couldn’t hold the ball up , ran in straight lines all the time and in general as with the rest of the team was very poor .

On Saturday with Doolan in the team , Quitongo was allowed to express himself, if you had been at the last 2 games you would have seen the difference in performance on Saturday and Doolan being in the team was part of an improved performance whether he scored or not .   End of

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree, we were much better on Saturday. As I have said in other posts , we have to play the same this Saturday and every other game, but take our chances.

How about a fit and on form Erskine behind them.

Ahaaa, that's why you are auld and wise sir. The answer was staring me right in the face. I hope gary c reads this forum

38 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

I love Jagzone (JagsPravda)

the interview with Spittal, on the penalty kick, “you did everything right...”

la la land 

You're right JAG. Everything right? ffs. He stuttered as he ran at the ball and would have been as well pointing to ridger where he was going to place it. He was much improved on saturday but i fear he'll not follow through v Falkirk. Should never take another penalty imho