ICT vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Muscat Jag said:

Spittal can go the same direction you suggest for Storey.  Don't think I've ever seen a player succeed so consistently in having no ******* involvement whatsoever in the game.  It seems he's had his one good game for the season against QoS.

Out of likes but absolutely spot on. We were warned about Spittal by the United fans and everything they said has been correct.

In an effort to steal a point I would go with the following (assuming they all still want to play for the manager)

Bell

Elliot-Keown-McGinty-Penrice

Erksine-McCarthy-Brice-Bannigan-Fitzpatrick

Quitongo

Anyone know when Shea Gordon is meant to be fit? We need players that can park the bus.

• Like 1

I will miss the game as I am in London for weekend. Obviously I wont be rushing to watch the highlights  on the worst premium pay service on the planet!

Caley have had this ridiculous run of draws - its got to end sometime. I think Calldwell would be delighted with a point, another defeat and the pressure ramps up the following week.

I think Caldwell may set us up not to lose. ICT will then throw everything at us and grab a late winner. The goal will come from a mix up between Cammy Bell and Chris Erskine, brought off the bench to play sweeper with ten minutes to go!   Jamie Sneddon will get sponsors MOTM for his cameo appearance at right back.

More seriously, having been at Inverness away, if we get at them, we can get something out of this game. 2-2. 

I'm not sure its fair to be throwing Sneddon into this mess. Against county he still looked like he needed to develop physically to play at a first team level and a bad game could kill his fragile confidence. Thats not saying Bell is great its just that he is our only real option with the other senior goalkpeer, Lennox, out for a while.

This will be a big game for the manager. His selection for the game and response from the players will tell us a lot about the state of affairs in the dressing room.

4 hours ago, laukat said:

Out of likes but absolutely spot on. We were warned about Spittal by the United fans and everything they said has been correct.

In an effort to steal a point I would go with the following (assuming they all still want to play for the manager)

Bell

Quitongo

Anyone know when Shea Gordon is meant to be fit? We need players that can park the bus.

I would go with exactly that side but with Sneddon in goal. 

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

I’m 47, one footed, slightly overweight and wear glasses to read but Spittal, Storey and Bell have gave me hope that one day my dream of playing for the Jags is a realistic one.

Keep your phone switched on. Caldwell will phone you by the end of the week with an offer of a contract.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, laukat said:

Bell

Quitongo

Well you can’t blame Caldwell for Spittal signing at least 

3 hours ago, laukat said:

I'm not sure its fair to be throwing Sneddon into this mess. Against county he still looked like he needed to develop physically to play at a first team level and a bad game could kill his fragile confidence. Thats not saying Bell is great its just that he is our only real option with the other senior goalkpeer, Lennox, out for a while.

This will be a big game for the manager. His selection for the game and response from the players will tell us a lot about the state of affairs in the dressing room.

Don't agree. Just because he's not built like a brick shit house, doesn't mean he's not ready. Was sub keeper at Cowdenbeath in the Championship about four years ago and apparently went on to play over 30 first team games at league 1 & 2 level. Hardly a huge risk. 

It's one thing throwing a young outfield players into the ring.  Gotta be double/treble sure when it comes to a young keeper. Bell's been far from inspiring and ideally should be benched but  that doesn't necessarily mean Sneddon is ready mentally as well as physically to step up. It's less of a pressure covering for an injured player or filling in for a Challenge Cup game.

I'd suggest at this moment in time no one on here is remotely aware if dropping a fit Bell for Sneddon would be truly worthwhile.  Would hate to see such an obvious prospect suffer a setback thru expediency.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:34 AM, jaf said:

I think Caldwell may set us up not to lose.

In which case we will since we cannot defend....  We have to score to be in with a chance of getting something from the game. Indeed realistically we will have to score in every game for the next two months to get something...   my concern for Sat (apart from our current form) is that we concede first, allowing ICT to sit back and we perform our usual, clueless approach, in how to break down a defensive set up, it will simply ratchet up the pressure on players lacking in confidence...    Hopefully ICT play poorly or we simply get lucky...