Update from chairman

Z88

The usual powder puff questions asked by a puppet interviewer. I was hoping he would say something down the line like, Jackie what is your view on some of the fans on WAT who think he was the wrong appointment and how long will he get before you pull the trigger?:D

Edited by mulguy jag

This is a cracking idea. A 'brave' time to be launching it given the mess we're in on the park.  Its success will depend though on how honest the answers are to those difficult questions. It'll fall on its @rse  if we get  palmed off in reply to those.  She comes across as very genuine so here's hoping this works well.

17 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well three positives

1 new cash not dependent on any player moves for the manager in january

2. The new training ground ready for pre season next year

3. Regulars updates from the top 

Have they definitely got permission for the new training ground? I thought there was still to be meetings about potential objections etc (not sure if there would be many)

Fine with me. I said some weeks ago that Gerry Britton's fireside chats wouldn't be so, for want of a better word, controversial, if they weren't so ad hoc. Regular updates are far more sensible and help kill the "why's he/she saying that now" intrigue.

mulguy jag's comments are valid but if there's fan access to the questioning in future updates then it can only be seen as a positive venture.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Have they definitely got permission for the new training ground? I thought there was still to be meetings about potential objections etc (not sure if there would be many)

Going through the consultation phase now....expect to submit formal planning application within a couple of weeks 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Well three positives

1 new cash not dependent on any player moves for the manager in january

2. The new training ground ready for pre season next year

3. Regulars updates from the top 

I agree with this. She did give more detail on the training ground and the extra cash. For the updates to be a genuine communication stream with the fans it needs to contain information beyond what you get in the newspapers.

So it would have been nice if there was more of an explanation why the board thought Caldwell was the right man to take us forward and what lessons they learnt from the decision to retain Archie in the summer beyond what was in the press. Hopefully that will come in the next update.

She certainly talks a good game. Not frightened of difficult questions, but clearly wasn't going to get any in this interview. All sounds positive on what she did talk about: cash available for GC in January (and clearly he will still be here then, unless something unexpected happens), McParland Park, and the ladies.

But for most of us, first and foremost our concern is what the first team's results are.

9 hours ago, lefty1876 said:

All she is saying is the board made an arse of it . The board will continue spouting there shite to us as long as there are idiots that accept there shite. What a mess everyone has let them no how we feel on saturday. We accept her speaking to us like fools then we are doomed . 

You have the opportunity to put the hard questions to her in the next updates.