Kris Doolan stats

a f kincaid

Kris rightly enjoys legendary status amongst the fans.  Using the data The Jukebox Rebel shares with me, I've been looking at his scoring record in relation to his appearances.  You might find this interesting.  (Abandoned games excluded.  All competitions + friendly matches.)

Willie Sharp remains (almost certainly for ever) Thistle's documented top scorer with 240 goals from 583 appearances.  In the days of no substitutes and few matches in ET that means a goal scored every 2.4 games.   (Willie Paul is almost certainly the highest but his goal scoring record cannot be verified.)

Kris is currently chasing George Smith's 3rd place record of 131 goals from 337 appearances.  A goal scored every 2.6 games.

On the face of it Kris has scored 123 goals from 415 appearances ie, a goal scored every 3.4 games, but recalculating the actual time spent on the park reveals that he has only played the equivalent  of 277  90 x min matches ie, an even more impressive goal scored every 2.3 games.

129 have been for 90 minutes (or 90 + Extra Time).   In contrast, 24 of his 415 appearances have been for less than 10 minutes.   He has never made 6 consecutive 90-minute appearances and has only made 5 consecutive 90-minute appearances 5 times (one of which was over 2 seasons).

If you divide the total minutes played by his appearances his average time on the pitch is almost exactly 1 hour per match.

He's right up there with the best of them!  

Edited by a f kincaid
  • Like 1

afk  thanks for that :thumbsup2:

yes i know this is a forum but there are some posters on here saying that doolan should be moved on

jings help ma boab 

if he is fit and selected on saturday watch the amount of effort and skill he puts into a game, positional awareness and great technical skill (if he gets the bloody ball)

one of the best players i have seen at firhill, we should appreciate this guy while he still wears the red and yellow

• Like 4