Caldwell

Jagsman

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Neither Doolan or quitongo are proving themselves at scoring goals at this level this season- in fact Doolan has been extremely poor 

Was listening on the radio and they said our front 2 players had absolutely no service at all.They also said Storey had more of the ball than any other player on the park and he had done nothing with it.

I’ve got to agree with Big Col and it’s more to do with the managers perceived philosophy on the game which is not far removed from Alan Archibald’s possession at all costs with very little product . I’m not sure whether we change players about in January will make a difference if today is an example , Storey ran about but made little impact , the very obvious substitute was to replace Storey with Aidan Fitzpatrick and try to win the game instead he changed to a 3 at the back which became a 5 as the two full backs got pinned back , why we were running scared of a team rooted to the foot of the league is beyond me.

Sorry Caldwell doesn’t inspire me either .

• Like 1

We have 5 games until the transfer window, if we have not won at least 2 of those games, I wouldn't have much confidence Caldwell will be able to sign the right players. Remember we sacked our last management team because the board didn't think they were going to get us promotion. Now some on this forum are saying as long as we don't get relegated he has done his job. For the record I think the board were correct to sack our previous management team. But as I said at the time we had to get the right replacement in.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

We have 5 games until the transfer window, if we have not won at least 2 of those games, I wouldn't have much confidence Caldwell will be able to sign the right players. Remember we sacked our last management team because the board didn't think they were going to get us promotion. Now some on this forum are saying as long as we don't get relegated he has done his job. For the record I think the board were correct to sack our previous management team. But as I said at the time we had to get the right replacement in.

For the avoidance of doubt - the Board stated at the AGM the Club Plan is Promotion this Season - the narrative when Caldwell Signed was Promotion - the Board confirmed that hasn't changed - so avoiding relegation is not his task ( according to the Club ) Promotion this Season is - lets not drop standards to be measured by 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

. I think it's going to be a much longer slog than has been generally admitted on here.

Or by our board. Who as recently as at the agm this week were still staying promotion is the aim, and therefore what we ought to expect Caldwell (and the Board for that matter) to be judged by. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Big Col said:

I don’t think he’s the right man for the job but I’m not naive enough to think that the club will sack him. I’ve seen nothing to think that he can turn things round. You mention that performances have improved - how many points did we get from the last 2 games? Are you honestly happy getting 1 point from Falkirk today? 

We got 1 point from the last 2 games.

You get 1 for a draw and 0 if you lose, that's they way it works.

I am not happy with 1 point away to Falkirk but don't think it is an unmitigated disaster.

If you don't believe the Club will sack him- why do you keep calling for them to do so?

For the avoidance of doubt Caldwell was not my preferred choice either, but as a Thistle supported I believe we need to get behind him, try to encourage the team  and hope results improve. I certainly am not in favour of getting on the Board, manager and players backs ; as I genuinely do not think that helps the overall situation.

Cheers 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Emsca said:

I am not happy with 1 point away to Falkirk but don't think it is an unmitigated disaster.

If you don't believe the Club will sack him- why do you keep calling for them to do so?

For the avoidance of doubt Caldwell was not my preferred choice either, but as a Thistle supported I believe we need to get behind him, try to encourage the team  and hope results improve. I certainly am not in favour of getting on the Board, manager and players backs ; as I genuinely do not think that helps the overall situation.

Cheers 

Aye, totally agree with this. The day a player stops after being told from the stands that he's shite and replies  to the shouter that he currently isn't in form and the shouter's perceptive comment is making him really motivated to improve his form is the day I'll join in. Which will never happen.

15 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

For the avoidance of doubt - the Board stated at the AGM the Club Plan is Promotion this Season - the narrative when Caldwell Signed was Promotion - the Board confirmed that hasn't changed - so avoiding relegation is not his task ( according to the Club ) Promotion this Season is - lets not drop standards to be measured by 

Plus we're led to believe he'll be supported by additional funds in January. 

I'd imagine only a part time and/or a promoted team would have avoid relegation/relegation play offs as a target.  Repeating myself but even if behind the rhetoric the aspirations have been downscaled, you'd still have to target a 4th place finish or circa that expected points total. Otherwise even now aiming for a 5th to a precarious 8th place finish would signal very low motivation.

6 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Plus we're led to believe he'll be supported by additional funds in January. 

I'd imagine only a part time and/or a promoted team would have avoid relegation/relegation play offs as a target.  Repeating myself but even if behind the rhetoric the aspirations have been downscaled, you'd still have to target a 4th place finish or circa that expected points total. Otherwise even now aiming for a 5th to a precarious 8th place finish would signal very low motivation.

Think we need to look at how the season has unfolded so far , there is no chance of promotion in my opinion and I would be quite happy if we avoided relegation and avoided the playoffs to the first division. Whether we get players in the next transfer window , don’t think it will help with promotion aspirations ( currently 20 points behind Ayr and 12 points behind 4th placed Inverness ) and that gap will probably increase before January.

I’m genuinely astounded that promotion was even mentioned at the AGM in light of the way our season has unfolded , think Gerry Britton and Jacqui Lowe need a reality check.

Do they think the supporters are daft ?

24 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think we need to look at how the season has unfolded so far , there is no chance of promotion in my opinion and I would be quite happy if we avoided relegation and avoided the playoffs to the first division. Whether we get players in the next transfer window , don’t think it will help with promotion aspirations ( currently 20 points behind Ayr and 12 points behind 4th placed Inverness ) and that gap will probably increase before January.

I’m genuinely astounded that promotion was even mentioned at the AGM in light of the way our season has unfolded , think Gerry Britton and Jacqui Lowe need a reality check.

Do they think the supporters are daft ?

Perhaps it's the old sales manager in me. You tend to set your reps or customers achievable but rather overoptimistic targets, just to avoid complacency. :)

7 hours ago, Emsca said:

Cheers 

I agree with the general nature if your post but, if big col and others feel/can see tgere are problems do you really think they shouldn't voice their concerns and blindly sypport gary? 

That's how we have ended up in this position cos people like me said about archie what you are saying about gary caldwell. I said we should get behind gim and the team. It'll all come good i said. What a fud am i. 

Theres many on here can see this for what it is and need to be loud and proud about it. No improvement in performance nor league position we should get rid. End of. Not saying the next charlatan will do better but better to try then just sleep walk into another relegation.

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

I agree with the general nature if your post but, if big col and others feel/can see tgere are problems do you really think they shouldn't voice their concerns and blindly sypport gary? 

That's how we have ended up in this position cos people like me said about archie what you are saying about gary caldwell. I said we should get behind gim and the team. It'll all come good i said. What a fud am i. 

Theres many on here can see this for what it is and need to be loud and proud about it. No improvement in performance nor league position we should get rid. End of. Not saying the next charlatan will do better but better to try then just sleep walk into another relegation.

Don't disagree but not after 5 games for God sake.

I am not saying blindly support him , but the performances in the last 2 games have been better so that is something to cling on to-  at least until Saturday !

10 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Don't disagree but not after 5 games for God sake.

I am not saying blindly support him , but the performances in the last 2 games have been better so that is something to cling on to-  at least until Saturday !

No game this Saturday. 5 games in December,3 at home. We should win at least 2. If not I don't know how many will trust Caldwell to sign the right players to improve us.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:53 AM, westertonjagfan said:

Aye, totally agree with this. The day a player stops after being told from the stands that he's shite and replies  to the shouter that he currently isn't in form and the shouter's perceptive comment is making him really motivated to improve his form is the day I'll join in. Which will never happen.

Love it

If the board are saying that 'Promotion is still the target', when we're 20 points (and minus 26 in GD) adrift of the top then they are still living in the fantasy world that caused them to sleepwalk into this disaster in the first place; they're also, no changes here, grossly insulting the intelligence of the people who keep them in their job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

If the board are saying that 'Promotion is still the target', when we're 20 points (and minus 26 in GD) adrift of the top then they are still living in the fantasy world that caused them to sleepwalk into this disaster in the first place; they're also, no changes here, grossly insulting the intelligence of the people who keep them in their job.

You’re absolutely right, from being in a position of strength after reaching the top six , it’s unbelievable we’ve ended up where we are just now especially with the financial rewards that we had , the old pals act of Archibald, Paterson , Beattie and Maxwell should have been broken up long before it did , as results and performances were there for all to see.

We can’t sleepwalk towards another relegation, by my reckoning Caldwell has got the December fixtures to get some wins on the board , if not I wouldn’t trust him with funds for the January window .

It would be financial meltdown if we got relegated 2 years in a row , we can’t let that happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

But it’s only 12 points and -19 GD from 4th. I think they are right to still have that as a target in November. I’m far from convinced that we will do it, but I would be very disappointed in the board if they didn’t have that as a target

9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But it’s only 12 points and -19 GD from 4th. I think they are right to still have that as a target in November. I’m far from convinced that we will do it, but I would be very disappointed in the board if they didn’t have that as a target

Uuhmmmm.

Holy Mother DD. 

The board didn't have a clue during last season, had less of a clue immediately after the play-offs v Livingston, and have had no clue whatsoever since August.

It's been obvious to all except the board.

• Thanks 2