Caldwell

Jagsman

1 hour ago, allyo said:

Paton, Nisbet, McGuigan, Buchanan, Craigan, ....apparently 11 of our ex players scored today!

43 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Forbes, Baird & McLaughlin being the others 

& Lawless, Lyle and Gordon. I don’t think Paton scored so that makes 10

"They ought to sack him for misconduct, having lied about his level of backing at CFC in his interview and save themselves the pay off."

A Chesterfield supporter, posting on their forum, giving some sound advice to our board, regarding the current and future employment of Gary Caldwell.

Sadly, our problems run much deeper than Gary Caldwell.

Good luck to Gary, he was unemployed (after leading his previous two clubs to back to back relegation's), needed work and had the ability to con his way to the Thistle job. He gave them the old razzle dazzle and the leading lights of our club were well impressed, blown away even, with his presentation and encylopedic knowledge of our playing staff. Furthermore, the clubs pro's would be inspired to dizzying new heights being managed by a much capped Scottish footballing legend.

You have to hand it to Gary, he's a real smooth talker, he would be a dab hand at flogging second hand cars, double glazing and endowment policies. However, our problems go well beyond Gary Caldwell, he's the symptom, not the disease. Our problem goes right to the top, it's the gullible fools that hired the charlatan in the first place; they are the real problem. If we get rid of Gary, chances are they will only go and hire some other smooth talking fraudster; in fact, every imposter, two bit chancer, and snake oil salesman will rightly fancy their chances of landing the Thistle job.

The board are probably right about one thing; "we are certain that Gary is the man to lead us out of the Championship"

Our trouble is at the top.

• Thanks 1

Here's how it is:

Archibald had to be removed as he had clearly lost his way. 

Caldwell was brought in, told the board he represented a successful  new beginning. 

Despite folk on here incredibly coming on telling us the team are looking sharper, fitter etc every week  Caldwell doesn't have a fecken scoobie

Football is a results driven business and as  difficult as it seems to do the board have to get rid of this *rsehole and replace him with someone who can get  this team back on track.

I am a fan of 40+ years and followed the team home and away for that time. I'm done. No more attendance and no more posting until something changes at the club. Whether that be Caldwell turning thing things around with  an unprecedented number of successful signings or whether that be his sacking and replacement by somebody competent I'm not bothered.  I've got my memories. These memories are often of a struggling club and although it was hard at the time  it was always a laugh and always enjoyable and I enjoyed being part of the rollercoaster and would have followed the jags anywhere. Its not fun any more.

Edited by Legs Like A Spider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Totally agree Legs, something is seriously wrong at Firhill and while getting rid of Caldwell won't be a cure all it would be a step in the right direction. The problem lies higher up with the board and our joke of CE. Personally I'm going to go to the home games (at least the next two) but I won't be spending a penny to watch this crap. 

As for sacking him because of his lies over his funding at CFC do we (the fans) actually know Caldwell claimed this? All we have is the statement on the official shite which was removed as soon as it was challenged. I don't believe a word on that site and think it more likely they were talking up the appointment with no expectations their lies would be challenged. 

We play the 4 other teams currently in the bottom half, all at home, in our next 6 games.  Surely, points will begin to flow from those. 

Archie is culpable for a big part of this mess. So are the board. So is Caldwell. One person who seems to escape inclusion in the blame game is Gerry Britton.  He had the job of signing Archie’s targets - how many did he deliver?!   Someone told me that Gerry disappeared on holiday during July - prime time for signing players during which time we seemingly lost out on a few rumoured signings to rivals.  He may be the king of Spain, and she may be the king of spin,  but right now they are presiding over a reign of ineptitude. Exhibit a - Caldwell appointment, statement etc

• Like 1

The statements after Caldwell's appointment were, for me, the most public demonstration of a pretty inept performance at that level.  Regardless of what Gary Caldwell may have claimed regarding his time at Chesterfield, that should never have been publicised. And just the whole explanation of the basis of the appointment, power point presentations etc, has made us a laughing stock. Alongside the continual insistence that promotion was the target when it was clear that the summer signings and squad balance were problematic; the whole thing just comes across as unprofessional and a bit chaotic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jaf said:

We play the 4 other teams currently in the bottom half, all at home, in our next 6 games.  Surely, points will begin to flow from those. 

Archie is culpable for a big part of this mess. So are the board. So is Caldwell. One person who seems to escape inclusion in the blame game is Gerry Britton.  He had the job of signing Archie’s targets - how many did he deliver?!   Someone told me that Gerry disappeared on holiday during July - prime time for signing players during which time we seemingly lost out on a few rumoured signings to rivals.  He may be the king of Spain, and she may be the king of spin,  but right now they are presiding over a reign of ineptitude. Exhibit a - Caldwell appointment, statement etc

When you consider the Britton is a trained lawyer (which jumped out at me immediately at the time), the near libellous statement about Caldwell and Chesterfield seems even more crass and inept than ever. However good a player Britton was, he was a sh1te manager and now begins to look like a shite CE. Then the 'power point' story, and now the SAS farce (puffed by the Board) - add sh1te PR to being a sh1ite CE - leaves us looking exactly what we are -  a laughing stock.

That's where the root of the problem lies: our downward spiral is merely a symptom of the problem. I now don't believe Caldwell can or will turn this round under the present board. Like many people in unaccountable power in football or anywhere else,  they believe their own propaganda and routinely insult the intelligence of ordinary people.

21 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

When you consider the Britton is a trained lawyer (which jumped out at me immediately at the time), the near libellous statement about Caldwell and Chesterfield seems even more crass and inept than ever. However good a player Britton was, he was a sh1te manager and now begins to look like a shite CE. Then the 'power point' story, and now the SAS farce (puffed by the Board) - add sh1te PR to being a sh1ite CE - leaves us looking exactly what we are -  a laughing stock.

That's where the root of the problem lies: our downward spiral is merely a symptom of the problem. I now don't believe Caldwell can or will turn this round under the present board. Like many people in unaccountable power in football or anywhere else,  they believe their own propaganda and routinely insult the intelligence of ordinary people.

The promotion spin has now stopped re Gerry Britton as has his monthly blogs on the official site and I think the majority of Thistle fans are smarter than to seriously believe the nonsense that Gerry Britton and Jacqui Lowe are spouting.

If I was them just now , I’d look at everything very closely over the next month and then react , the only real change has been moving the dugouts around since Gary Caldwell’s tenure, the rest ? same style of play as Archibald, same results !!

The CHesterfield libel, the Power Point 'analysis', SAS farce, the mystery of the moving dugouts (not forgetting putting up the ALloa score wrongly) - it all beings to look like classic displacement activity.

What next you wonder? Somebody suggested training  with the Hyndland WOmen's Netball team , but I doubt they'd want to be associated with such a bunch of losers.

28 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

You can't trust any decision that may come out of that inept board and CE. Utter buffoons. Even if the sack Caldwell, God knows who they would appoint next!

Indeed. Though I wouldn't bet against some on this website arguing for Archie's reinstatement.

Still, on the bright side, I don't see anybody on here today criticising you for your 'pessimism'.

• Haha 1