Caldwell

Jagsman

38 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Check out @SundayMailSport’s Tweet:

Living in cloud cuckoo land , we’ve got to win football matches at this moment in time , Gary Caldwell’ s  philosophies will get us relegated which will be an absolute disaster for Partick Thistle, the Board will have to to make a decision soon it’s not the Gary Caldwell show it’s about our Club .

• Thanks 1

As a Jags fan of nearly 60 years I cant think of any other manager being disliked by nearly every supporter of the club..He must have surly seen us play before applying for the job ,  he made a big deal about knowing the fitness of the squad and how he would sort them out,so he must have known what he was taking on..Here we are 8 games later 1 win ,5 points out of 24  I do believe any one of us could have achieved better results than he has...  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

As a Jags fan of nearly 60 years I cant think of any other manager being disliked by nearly every supporter of the club..He must have surly seen us play before applying for the job ,  he made a big deal about knowing the fitness of the squad and how he would sort them out,so he must have known what he was taking on..Here we are 8 games later 1 win ,5 points out of 24  I do believe any one of us could have achieved better results than he has...  

A repeat of his record at Chesterfield on the cards (3 wins in 29 games) . 

11 minutes ago, West Ender said:

If a recent Twitterverse rumour comes to pass (Banzo to Ayr), then that doesn't say much about his ability to retain and attract important players. I worry.

If that is true I would be disgusted with Bannigan. I have already said I think he should show us some loyalty and stay until the end of this season. We gave him a contract for 2 years and he hardly kicked a ball for us. Some say he wasn't on a big wage but if we hadn't kept him on I think it is a big possibility he would have been finished in football altogether.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, West Ender said:

If a recent Twitterverse rumour comes to pass (Banzo to Ayr), then that doesn't say much about his ability to retain and attract important players. I worry.

Slightly off topic, but I watched the highlights of Ayr vs. Ross County at the weekend, and the sheer pace, directness and physicality of both teams left me frightened about what they might do to us in our next matches against them.

8 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

It's already time we got rid.

He's a fud.

Rarely post, but last post 4th Nov, i floated this, in a longish post

After it emerged that Miller at Livi had a 3 month probationary period in his contract, and this was before archie was finally shown the exit door, you would have thought it prudent and wise for the club to have insisted such a clause in a contract for a manager untested in Scotland and whom was at the time unemployed, so bargaining power was all in favour of thistle at the time. And not give him a carte blanche watertight 2 year contract.

Not saying he should be punted immediately, but do have fear of what state we could be in come 1st January if things continue in vein they are, and then the thought of possibly throwing even more good money after bad in the window, on yet more dross/wrong players under a manager still drowning unable to change fortunes, and where we could spiral to come end of season - and impact that could have even longer term.

So has GB and JL looked after number one (ptfc, not themselves), and ensured a termination clause in the contract with no financial penalty to ptfc if GC is removed from post within a 3 month probationary period?

I don't trust GC to even be given chance of spending ptfc's money and signing new faces in the upcoming window. or that he will manage to bring in players who will miraculously improve our results - if you check what fans of chesterfield have to say, he came in and left them in a worse position over 29 games (they were on fringes of relegation spots when he was appointed), where he was insistent in how they were supposed to play, and when he left they were 10 points adrift at bottom and all his signings were duds, didn't improve them with a window, and where the club is still trying to recover financially from it. I fear the parallels with his record at chesterfield, will be in signings as well as overall record here if he is here to end of season.

I know we ain't a kneejerk sacking club, but for the good of ptfc and its dwindling support, it really is for the best IMO that JL and GB hold their hands up now and admit they got it wrong, than continue to blindly bury their heads in sand. 

Who we get in is a different convo (IMc said he wouldn't replace his pal archie, well now he wouldn't be doing that, but that ships sailed for a couple of years at least now, thanks to his doing so well at ayr), but it's clearly not working under GC, so better to lance the boil before its too late.

And then hope JL and GB make a better fist of it this time, or else they should be next out the door.

• Like 1

Chesterfield record prior to appointment of GC - 4 wins, 1 draw, 4 defeats 

after his appointment and the signing of 6 players - didn’t win a game for 13 and then the famous  3 in 29 stat - of which 1 was a meaningless end of season game. 

Simple to find all this out and if you had found it out it is surely inconceivable that you would not protect the club in respect of the contract given. 

• Like 1

The board dithered about getting rid of Archibald - what makes anyone think they’ll act swiftly now? The fans could see it was over for Archibald, just like they see Caldwell is hopeless. But the board seem to see different things. Maybe Gary’s PowerPoint review of Saturdays game to the board this morning will assure them everything is okay.

Deluded.

11 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

If that is true I would be disgusted with Bannigan. I have already said I think he should show us some loyalty and stay until the end of this season. We gave him a contract for 2 years and he hardly kicked a ball for us. Some say he wasn't on a big wage but if we hadn't kept him on I think it is a big possibility he would have been finished in football altogether.

I don't think we should be talking about being "disgusted" about anyone before we know what is happening. If he leaves then have a go by all means; but pre-empting it with this, while he is still our own player (and one of our longest serving), and our captain, when we have no idea what his thoughts are, isn't necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

The board dithered about getting rid of Archibald - what makes anyone think they’ll act swiftly now? The fans could see it was over for Archibald, just like they see Caldwell is hopeless. But the board seem to see different things. Maybe Gary’s PowerPoint review of Saturdays game to the board this morning will assure them everything is okay.

Deluded.

I know we disagreed about Archibald for a long time; your mind was made up long before mine. I felt he'd earned some loyalty, but also that he had a record where you could make a logical argument that he was the best person to turn it around. Ultimately, of course, he didn't.

This time, no arguments from me.

• Like 1

Like a few others I was up for giving Caldwell a chance even though he wouldn't have been my choice. I would also have given him the benefit of the doubt with this team until now if he didn't come across as such a pompous arse in almost every interview.

If Bannigan goes to Ayr in January I think that would be a pretty big hint towards the dressing room opinion of the new manager and the state of the club behind the scenes in general.

Regardless of their position at the moment Bannigan could easily see out the season with us and move to Ayr if they go up, or another Premier team, in the summer. So to leave now would say more about the club at the moment than Bannigan in my view.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Ran out of likes

8 hours ago, north stander said:

Rarely post, but last post 4th Nov, i floated this, in a longish post

So has GB and JL looked after number one (ptfc, not themselves), and ensured a termination clause in the contract with no financial penalty to ptfc if GC is removed from post within a 3 month probationary period?

I don't trust GC to even be given chance of spending ptfc's money and signing new faces in the upcoming window. or that he will manage to bring in players who will miraculously improve our results - if you check what fans of chesterfield have to say, he came in and left them in a worse position over 29 games (they were on fringes of relegation spots when he was appointed), where he was insistent in how they were supposed to play, and when he left they were 10 points adrift at bottom and all his signings were duds, didn't improve them with a window, and where the club is still trying to recover financially from it. I fear the parallels with his record at chesterfield, will be in signings as well as overall record here if he is here to end of season.

I know we ain't a kneejerk sacking club, but for the good of ptfc and its dwindling support, it really is for the best IMO that JL and GB hold their hands up now and admit they got it wrong, than continue to blindly bury their heads in sand. 

Who we get in is a different convo (IMc said he wouldn't replace his pal archie, well now he wouldn't be doing that, but that ships sailed for a couple of years at least now, thanks to his doing so well at ayr), but it's clearly not working under GC, so better to lance the boil before its too late.

And then hope JL and GB make a better fist of it this time, or else they should be next out the door.

You need to post more often sir. Excellent.

5 hours ago, allyo said:

I don't think we should be talking about being "disgusted" about anyone before we know what is happening. If he leaves then have a go by all means; but pre-empting it with this, while he is still our own player (and one of our longest serving), and our captain, when we have no idea what his thoughts are, isn't necessary.

If I am wrong I will apologise . Hope I am wrong.