Caldwell

Jagsman

Just now, northernsoul said:

Some of our support seem content with the continuous peddling of patronising and delusional guff from the BoD and manager in the press and after match reactions. The sooner the head in the sand/wet wipe section of our support realise that this charlatan of a manager will get us relegated the better. Britton and Low's incompetence will set this Club back another 10 years and all the good foundations we've built since 2013 will be undone.

Our current predicament is an absolute disgrace. We are sleep walking into successive relegations for the SECOND time within 15 years.

Again, no likes left. 

On the sections of our support part.... who are you talking to that is/are satisfied. I've talked to no jags fans who are happy with what's going on at OUR club. I think it's just that most seem ground down and are apathetic to what's going on and feel helpless??

We need a new fanzine, we need to get organised like other clubs to have that voice and make the board take notice. I'd suggest a sit down protest but most of us do that anyway.

A red card protest?

Or everyone leaves their seats at an alloted time and hides in the concourse for say 5 mins so the home sections are completely empty for say 3-5 minutes then we all come back?? I dunno what the appetite is for protest anymore.

I dunno what's for the best but unless the "rulers" of our club read this forum they probably think we are all daft and happy.

In the 80's the shed was famous for its songs and protests.. there just doesn't seem to be the appetite any more.

RIGHT, next home game i am going to get my stop watch, and at 1535 GMT i will blow my whistle and leave my seat to the concourse where i will stand and contemplate life for 5 minutes, returning to my seat at 1540 GMT to continue my support for the team. At least i will feel i'm trying something.......

4 hours ago, northjag said:

At the final whistle, there was a sense of apathy and resignation about the fans. Never heard us so quiet after a match. Not much applause and not much booing, before Caldwell and some of the players came over to clap us.

no sign of mutumbo or Brice in the squad yesterday. Would imagine they will be gone in January. Thought we played not bad. But again we had no punch up front. Teams all know how to play against us. Just sit back and get us on the break. Didn’t think Ross county were great. They had a 10 min spell in the first half but apart from that they didn’t do much. 

Thanks for this norrh. Underlines the apathy i was mentioning in the support as well as the players. I want caldwell to succeed but it's turning to rat sh1t

Just now, Auld Jag said:

Yes we need a fit squad. But he was brought in to get better results than our previous management team who were sacked because we would not win promotion under them. Clearly that is now not going to happen. IMO there is only one stat that counts and that is the final result. In that stat Caldwell has failed miserably.

Again out of likes.

If ever we needed a atrong decisive board ala brown mcmaster it is now!!!!!

As you say caldwells time is up by anyone else's standards but i doubt there's any apetite for it at board level. We need to do something if they don't. Otherwise as others have said all the hard work since the mccall appointment was for nothing.

More likes please mr/ms moderator/controller

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

He is in the sandy clark and derek johnstone managerial appointment feck ups. I'd suggest he is worse. At least back then the shed had a collective voice. 

Steady on. Derek Johnstone was the worst manager of any club ever in the whole wide world.

I still despise that fat B for what he did to Thistle. It’s the only time I deferred my support in 50 years of Jags supporting.

However, on the subject of Caldwell, I never considered that he may have a probationary period. If so, it’s a no brainier. Goodbye!

Just now, Weebaw1 said:

Steady on. Derek Johnstone was the worst manager of any club ever in the whole wide world.

I still despise that fat B for what he did to Thistle. It’s the only time I deferred my support in 50 years of Jags supporting.

However, on the subject of Caldwell, I never considered that he may have a probationary period. If so, it’s a no brainier. Goodbye!

At least Johnstone realised he was a crap manager and just went into media. Caldwell thinks he is the next Roberto Martinez.

Just now, Weebaw1 said:

Come baaaaaaaaack. We neeeeeeed yooooooooou

I have just listened to GC's post match interview on the Jagzone in which he laments the penalty award. Personally I would think he should be more concerned about the shots on target stat below! However apparently not many teams will come to Dingwall and give County as many problems as we did :wall:

image.png.88e0c4c64d2bcf95697efa7c9dba4566.png

Just now, Camallain said:

I have just listened to GC's post match interview on the Jagzone in which he laments the penalty award. Personally I would think he should be more concerned about the shots on target stat below! However apparently not many teams will come to Dingwall and give County as many problems as we did :wall:

image.png.88e0c4c64d2bcf95697efa7c9dba4566.png

Lies, damn lies.....and statistics - Ayton

Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove absolutely anything - Homer (jay simpson)

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Again, no likes left. 

On the sections of our support part.... who are you talking to that is/are satisfied. I've talked to no jags fans who are happy with what's going on at OUR club. I think it's just that most seem ground down and are apathetic to what's going on and feel helpless??

We need a new fanzine, we need to get organised like other clubs to have that voice and make the board take notice. I'd suggest a sit down protest but most of us do that anyway.

A red card protest?

Or everyone leaves their seats at an alloted time and hides in the concourse for say 5 mins so the home sections are completely empty for say 3-5 minutes then we all come back?? I dunno what the appetite is for protest anymore.

I dunno what's for the best but unless the "rulers" of our club read this forum they probably think we are all daft and happy.

In the 80's the shed was famous for its songs and protests.. there just doesn't seem to be the appetite any more.

RIGHT, next home game i am going to get my stop watch, and at 1535 GMT i will blow my whistle and leave my seat to the concourse where i will stand and contemplate life for 5 minutes, returning to my seat at 1540 GMT to continue my support for the team. At least i will feel i'm trying something.......

i'm up for this   bring it on

is there a plan B if we are winning ?  :thinking:

Just now, watties wallies said:

i'm up for this   bring it on

is there a plan B if we are winning ?  :thinking:

Ha ha ha. What's with this negativity!!!!!

I love thistle fans humour, the banter the banter.

Joking aside its a fair point but my point is more protesting about the leadership of the club as much as the team management. It' just that i feel as a collective we ned to register our feelings with the board itherwise how do they know what the fans think. A Q and A is way too new school. I want old school pointless protest as a way of getting the fans together

Just now, Big Col said:

What’s wrong with a good old fashioned mob outside of the entrance on Firhill Road after the game, chanting “Sack the Board” and other such things?

Up for that too. Been a while since the last one

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

What’s wrong with a good old fashioned mob outside of the entrance on Firhill Road after the game, chanting “Sack the Board” and other such things?

Up for that as well. It is to my mind the most effective way of demonstrating the fans aren't happy and at least starts to shake some of the apathy that's spreading from the club through to the support.

Takeover by a billionaire , multi millionaire ,whatever. The present board shown the exit door, the fiasco with certain directors or whoever owning parts of the stadium eliminated , top drawer manager with a war chest, consolidation in premier, firhill becoming a tidy 4 sided stadium  and European nights. This is the first time I have wrote to santa since primary school.

Edited by mulguy jag
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mulguy jag said:

Takeover by a billionaire , multi millionaire ,whatever. The present board shown the exit door, the fiasco with certain directors or whoever owning parts of the stadium eliminated , top drawer manager with a war chest, consolidation in premier, firhill becoming a tidy 4 sided stadium  and European nights. This is the first time I have wrote to santa since primary school.

Next thing, you'll be asking for "Snowflakes" on Christmas Day ...........................................then again, perhaps not.

Decent list though, think I will send one too :santa_laugh:

11 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Again, no likes left. 

A red card protest?

What if we're 3-0 ahead at 15:35?

I'm new to the forum, so please excuse the odd stupid question and my general naivety. I think the protest suggested by 'Thistleberight' is an excellent idea as it highlights to the board and Caldwell that we do not have confidence in them, and certainly don't have confidence it Caldwell going out into the market place to buy 'his type of player'. The thought that Caldwell will be allowed to bring in his own choice of player is one that frankly scares me.

Now here is my first 'stupid' question …. what was wrong with considering John Hughes for the post? I saw a few comments at the time of Archie's leaving that listed the people who should never be considered for the managers job at Thistle, and John Hughes was one. Wonder why?

• Like 1