Caldwell

Jagsman

Ray McKinnon must be rubbing his hands with glee at the arguing going on between erskine and Caldwell alleged or otherwise. While I get the impression some fans almost want it to have happened to get some point scoring at Caldwell.

if he losers the next 3 games then he has to go for me but that will be about what has happened on the football field not what may or not have been said to a player in training  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

You are right no one can say for certain what is happening behind the scenes.

If your speculation number one is correct, then why would the club allow him to speak to another club (especially if in our division) if they wanted to keep him?

If your speculation number two is correct, why would the club be so happy for him to stay?

The statement contradicts both of your scenarios.

Scenario one - Chris is free to speak to other clubs, right? Can the club realistically stop him?

Scenario two - They're waiting for him to tuck his lip in and play the role that's been asked of him.

Edited by Dark Passenger

2 hours ago, watties wallies said:

this  100%

we all know that Gary has a nose bleed anytime he crosses the halfway line

18 month contract?   still can't get my head round that one

what's happening at firhill ?

let's see what happens on saturday, let's see if erskine makes the squad

what a shambles !

Harkins May have different opinions about him at other clubs but presently I cannot complain about him any time as a Partick Thistle player. 

If it wasn’t for the money we received for Gary Harkins in 2009 who incidentally did not want to leave its very likely that there would not be a Partick Thistle now due to the debts and bills which the then board had not been able to pay.

better to actually wait for him to put in a bad performance before actually making him a scapegoat 

5 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

And what if the manager doesn't want Chris out, but Chris isn't happy with the role he's been asked to play and chooses to leave?

Playing devils advocate, what if the manager sees Chris as a disruptive influence?

Can anyone here say they know for certain what's going on behind the scenes? No, but it's much easier to polish the halo of a club legend while vilifying the guy that replaced another club legend.

Agree that nobody on this forum is likely to know the real reason behind this.

Let's face it though Mr Advocate - if Caldwell views Erskine of all people as a disruptive influence then the likelihood is that he's not an effective manager of people in the first place.

Irrespective of whom he replaced.

4 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Scenario one - Chris is free to speak to other clubs, right? Can the club realistically stop him?

Scenario two - They're waiting for him to tuck his lip in and play the role that's been asked of him.

Fair enough - we can interpret all these things either way!

Just now, sandy said:

So what ARE the actual facts? And how do you know?

The facts are that no one knows all the facts except the club has put out a statement .... and given the opportunity to speak to another club erskine did ..., loyalty ?

were in danger of turning a player who has been decidedly average for over a year into messi 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The facts are that no one knows all the facts except the club has put out a statement .... and given the opportunity to speak to another club erskine did ..., loyalty ?

were in danger of turning a player who has been decidedly average for over a year into messi 

If Caldwell valued Erskine, the Club could have stopped the enquiry dead in its tracks.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Wish Caldwell would do that with Storey.

Just now, ClydebankJag said:

The club were free to reject the approach and end it there and then, without a Erskine or the fans knowing about it. Given they were receptive to the approach Erskine would be stupid not to consider the offer.

He has only six months left in his contract the club cannot stop him talking to other clubs either to leave now or sign a pre contract agreement ... as he did before 

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

If Caldwell valued Erskine, the Club could have stopped the enquiry dead in its tracks.

I value erskine but hypothetically if we wanted shankland and erskine was part of the deal then I could see why we would take it - not that’s there’s substance to that rumour but I guess hypothetically we don’t know if there is an exchange of players or substantial players involved- then again maybe not

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You stated we should put out a statement saying erskine can never leave which is patent nonsense as every player has a price ... £100k for him.... sold !

I said that the club statement - if any - should be that Partick Thistle have no interest in losing the services of Chris Erskine under any circumstances and irrespective of any enquiries.

It did not imply that Chris Erskine can never leave. 

So again, behave yourself.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

I said that the club statement - if any - should be that Partick Thistle have no interest in losing the services of Chris Erskine under any circumstances and irrespective of any enquiries.

It did not imply that Chris Erskine can never leave. 

So again, behave yourself.

I think it does imply using a philosophical absolute - never a good thing to do - we would never let him go if we can avoid it .... 

under any circumstances ? If someone offered good money he can go imo 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

He is out if contract in the summer and free to talk to other clubs the club cannot prevent this ....just like he did with Dundee Utd 

Yeah but they can’t enter into talks about an immediate move without the clubs permission. Given that the club were first and foremost receptive to an immediate move I say again that Erskine would have been foolish not to enter into talks. 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think it does imply using a philosophical absolute - never a good thing to do - we would never let him go if we can avoid it .... 

under any circumstances ? If someone offered good money he can go imo 

Of course if telephone figures come in as an offer then fair enough, but honestly how realistic is that? And what would those telephone figures have to be to make it worthwhile?

Anyway, as an aside it's encouraging to see this forum so animated on a Tuesday night. Good to see some real debate on here for the first time in a while.