Caldwell

Jagsman

32 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Personally I’m judging the manager from last Saturday as I believe the squad he inherited was relegation material so

P 1 Pts 1

Your moving the goalposts Javeajag :)

Why not get a job with the grounds staff. Perhaps you could move the goalposts around during the match to help the team?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m judging him in games from last Saturday onwards 

no manager could have won 10 games with that squad 

Could another manager not have won more than one game? 

Your argument is preposterous. Would Archie have got the job full-time if he had won 1 in 10 (or is it 11 now? I can’t keep track) of his first games in charge as caretaker? Of course not. 

Caldwell knew the squad he was inheriting and convinced the board he was the man to take us up. That he’s taken us in the exact opposite direction is his failure. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

2 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Your argument is preposterous. Would Archie have got the job full-time if he had won 1 in 10 (or is it 11 now? I can’t keep track) of his first games in charge as caretaker? Of course not. 

Caldwell knew the squad he was inheriting and convinced the board he was the man to take us up. That he’s taken us in the exact opposite direction is his failure. 

Just my way of looking at it you disagree which is fine 

I beleave every club should have a player who plays to his own tune, call it the X factor or the Chic Charnley  equation.

somthing different to the pitch....

Erskine is that player.

However, that club statement removes all the pressure from the board or Caldwell imo.

Can  Chris issue his own statement of fact  ??  Wld the club wld sack him for” bring the club into disrepute.”

I hope he stays ....

If  he leaves the club I hope he comes out all guns blazing...

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Many do in fact 

you could take it as the club responding to concerns raised by fans but don’t 

Have you got any examples, trouble was stuff was leaked from the Club yesterday and the truth is they’re back peddling furiously, obviously to try and keep the fans onside especially with such an important game on Saturday , it looks like the thinking manager who is Caldwell hasn’t thought with such  a big game coming up , why did he not wait till after the Falkirk game to come up with is master plan 

Unnecessary distraction 

Management at its best 

10 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Spot feckin on. 

5 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

What did you expect Caldwell to say at the interview? How about " Jacqui this squad is full of the ineffective, the infirm, the has been. We have no chance of promotion as by the Jan window we will be treading water. I'll gut the squad then but hope to hang in there until then" " so can i get the job " ? Honesty sometimes doesn't get you the job.....

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m judging him in games from last Saturday onwards 

no manager could have won 10 games with that squad 

If believing that Gary Caldwell has just started out as our manager makes you happy, I am not going to knock you for it, or rain on your parade. If it gets you through the day, or helps to float your boat, it's fine by me :)

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

What did you expect Caldwell to say at the interview? How about " Jacqui this squad is full of the ineffective, the infirm, the has been. We have no chance of promotion as by the Jan window we will be treading water. I'll gut the squad then but hope to hang in there until then" " so can i get the job " ? Honesty sometimes doesn't get you the job.....

So what you're implying is that he lied on his job application? Is that not grounds for dismissal?

Or are you saying that the people doing the interview should have a sufficient process in place to weed out the people that will lie to them?