Caldwell

Jagsman

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Intriguing interview, where he fails to admit that signing older players is not a strategy for future progression.  But also fails to acknowledge how important established players like Doolan & Erskine are to the team culture.

The last time we got out of the second tier, it was the ‘kids’ that delivered. Perhaps there is a lesson there he needs to be cognisent of. 

IMHO he is out of his depth; if continues to be stubborn (arrogant?) he will take us down.

This is rapidly shaping up to be the worst season since the bunnet was in charge.

I truly fear the worst. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sandy said:

Intriguing interview, where he fails to admit that signing older players is not a strategy for future progression.  But also fails to acknowledge how important established players like Doolan & Erskine are to the team culture.

The last time we got out of the second tier, it was the ‘kids’ that delivered. Perhaps there is a lesson there he needs to be cognisent of. 

IMHO he is out of his depth; if continues to be stubborn (arrogant?) he will take us down.

This is rapidly shaping up to be the worst season since the bunnet was in charge.

I truly fear the worst. 

Have you forgotten last season ? 

29 minutes ago, sandy said:

I truly fear the worst. 

Is Cambridge analytics at play here? Bombarded day after day with the same message, with the words in a different order. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, allyo said:

Last season we were relegated from the Premier. You surely can't argue that getting relegated from the Championship would not be worse.

Never said that ... it would be worse but let’s not forget how truly truly dreadful and disappointing last season was 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

I truly fear the worst. 

100% agree  Sandy - do they think you can win Games if you put out lots of PR ?    

3 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

As I and others have said, if Caldwell had told the board at his interview the team was sh*te and he would only be able to win one game until the window, they would have told him where to go. So let's not have anyone pretend that Caldwell has been anything other than a failure so far. Unable to get the best out of a mediocre squad, certainly a squad that should not be at the bottom of the league. To hear some people say that this squad was always destined to be relegated is just nonsense. Fine if his additions get us out of relegation trouble but finishing 7th or lower has to been seen as failure and must result in him (and Low) moving on at the end of the season.

He always comes across as incredibly arrogant/know it all, but right now most of his audience (Thistle fans and the media) view him as a twat.  It's up to him to get results in the next 3 games, all at home, if he can't do that then his fate is sealed. Just the timing that would be up for debate. If we finish 7th or lower and he was still the manager, I for one would not purchase a ST next season, a season which will be my 50th going to Firhill. I've seen plenty of dud managers in that time and right now he looks to be in that hall of infamy. I'll be delighted if he proves me, and many others, wrong.

Other views are available.

This squad I think was always going to struggle...hence why they also struggled under the beloved Alan Archibald.

McGinty and Keown was the worst centre back pairing since...Devine and Keown.

Archibald signed one decent player in Craig Slater. Storer, Mutumbo, Ntambwe, Melbourne, McGinty, all duds. There simplt wasn't a decent team there.

Caldwell has failed so far but huge amounts of blame for this season still belong to Alan Archibald.

2 minutes ago, milhouse said:

This squad I think was always going to struggle...hence why they also struggled under the beloved Alan Archibald.

Archibald signed one decent player in Craig Slater. Storer, Mutumbo, Ntambwe, Melbourne, McGinty, all duds. There simplt wasn't a decent team there.

Caldwell has failed so far but huge amounts of blame for this season still belong to Alan Archibald.

Correct... and you can add in storey, scobbie and keown....

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Interesting to see Archie is the favourite to take over - I’m sure I read that if he goes to another team we can stop paying him a wage

I hope that's the case for two reasons: I'd like to see Archie back in football; secondly, it would negate any argument that we can't afford to sack Caldwell. 

• Like 3

I have been a Jags supporter for 55 or so years, and I have never seen anything like the current situation that has been created internally by the Club, in all my days!

That article is dated today and is an obvious PR ploy to establish that GC's way is the only way!

It is me, me ,me all over it! This guy is making Donald Trump sound reasonable!

I can hear him now - bedazzling our Chairperson with his "do not listen to the Fake News" that the fans are rolling out on every platform. "They no nothing about the game of football! - Only  I the magnificent Caldwell possesses the knowledge required"

"Only I can switch the dugouts - create a Whats App scouting system - attempt to turn around an oil tanker, and make the comfortable feel uncomfortable"

Aye, but he cannae win an effen FITBA MATCH!

Is this the 1st of April, or what?

I am convinced he will be wearing a David Icke shellsuit in the dugout on Saturday!

It beggars belief that the Board are allowing our great football club to be turned into a laughing stock like this!

Partick Thistle Football Club is not the place for such an incompetent charlatan!

He has to be removed, for his own sake, never mind the future of the Jags!

Have not a clue what to expect on Saturday!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

What is it with it’s either GC way or no way ?! How do people think football works ?! ....he’s the manager ffs of course it’s his way and when there is a new manager it will be his way as well 

The point is his arrogance! It is his way!

It is a team game. The players have opinions, skills and experience.

He is making the error of trying to fit square pegs into round holes!

Archie made the same mistake for a long time, but at least he is a decent and humble human being, who I am certain will have learned a lot from the experience.

John Lambie said, " You can only play  with the c--k you have got", and duly got the best out of the squad of players he had to work with - on numerous occasions!

It is obvious that Caldwells demeanour does not encourage good teamwork. 

He has been disliked throughout his career because of this.

Just now, thru thin and thin said:

The point is his arrogance! It is his way!

It is a team game. The players have opinions, skills and experience.

He is making the error of trying to fit square pegs into round holes!

Archie made the same mistake for a long time, but at least he is a decent and humble human being, who I am certain will have learned a lot from the experience.

John Lambie said, " You can only play  with the c--k you have got", and duly got the best out of the squad of players he had to work with - on numerous occasions!

It is obvious that Caldwells demeanour does not encourage good teamwork. 

He has been disliked throughout his career because of this.

Football manager arrogant shock .... 

42 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Yes there are some passengers in the team, all signed by Archie, but they should not be bottom of the league. And Archie's points tally this season is way better than Caldwell's although that's not saying much. We were poor under Archie, undeniably poorer under Caldwell...