Caldwell

Jagsman

Caldwell always talks about signing the players with the right mentality. But although he says he likes to win all the time. His last couple of seasons in football management, he has got 2 teams relegated. I would say that his time at Firhill suggests he has a losing mentality and if we don't get rid of him asap we are going down. With only another 2/3 wins at the most between now and the end of the season.

• Like 2

We're at the stage where it doesn't matter if there we played well or not or if we are unlucky or not. Its purely a question of points.

We are 7 points from safety. We've taken 7 points out of 36. That just can't be accepted.

With the cup games next week, this week would be a good time to change the manager and give him a fighting chance of getting us out of this.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Z88 said:

Caldud calling someone else arrogant.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Deflect deflect deflect, smoke and mirrors everywhere.

FML

22 minutes ago, north stander said:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

FML

As I have said before he reminds me of the arrogant twats on the Apprentice. Anything goes right all down to them. Anything goes wrong nothing to do with them. We need somebody to say your fired.

34 minutes ago, north stander said:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

FML

Today was the first day that Caldwell came across flustered and unsure before and after the game, I don’t know the girl reporter on Radio Scotland but she absolutely nailed it with her questions. If Gary Caldwell didn’t he was under pressure and scrutiny he certainly does now.

20 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Today was the first day that Caldwell came across flustered and unsure before and after the game, I don’t know the girl reporter on Radio Scotland but she absolutely nailed it with her questions. If Gary Caldwell didn’t he was under pressure and scrutiny he certainly does now.

I caught the post match interview on the radio, it was excruciating.  Like you, don't know the lassie, she may even not be overly experienced and a couple of her questions could have been better phrased, but in the main she asked the right questions, in a polite and reasonable manner. In response, I heard a defensive rudeness, arrogance and  unedifying condescending manner (towards a female, simply doing her job), that came across as him thinking "why am I having to speak to this stupid woman".. All in all, totally unprofessional and unbefitting of a PTFC manager.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

If his next 12 games produce the same as the preceding 12,  we'll have 22 points having played 33 games.

What I would say if frightening is that the next 12 are harder than the last 12 as we play the better teams in division at home and the poorer teams away from home. 

7 hours ago, north stander said:

I caught the post match interview on the radio, it was excruciating.  Like you, don't know the lassie, she may even not be overly experienced and a couple of her questions could have been better phrased, but in the main she asked the right questions, in a polite and reasonable manner. In response, I heard a defensive rudeness, arrogance and  unedifying condescending manner (towards a female, simply doing her job), that came across as him thinking "why am I having to speak to this stupid woman".. All in all, totally unprofessional and unbefitting of a PTFC manager.

She was as awful an interviewer as Caldwell is a manager. Woefully worded with a confrontational tone.

Back to media school for her and back to management school for him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chachi said:

She was as awful an interviewer as Caldwell is a manager. Woefully worded with a confrontational tone.

Maybe she's a Thistle fan. I think a lot of people on here would have a pretty confrontational tone with him.

Just now, Chachi said:

Back to the job centre for Caldwell. If I was a job adviser. I would tell him to stay away from professional football management.

8 hours ago, north stander said:

I heard that interview. Had it been on telly It would've come across like doubling up on one of those old "John Cleese" training videos, "How Not to Conduct an Interview", "How Not to Be Interviewed". Quite a feat to show up both how poor Radio Scotland Sports is and what we've landed ourselves with in the same interview.

Btw that's the female that screeches like an extra in Hard Days Night every time Queen of the South score. Combining her with the Power Point Plotter was indeed an excruciating listen.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I heard that interview. Had it been on telly It would've come across like doubling up on one of those old "John Cleese" training videos, "How Not to Conduct an Interview", "How Not to Be Interviewed". Quite a feat to show up both how poor Radio Scotland Sports is and what we've landed ourselves with in the same interview.

Btw that's the female that screeches like an extra in Hard Days Night every time Queen of the South score. Combining her with the Power Point Plotter was indeed an excruciating listen.

I heard it. Car crash stuff. I agree that Caldwell was rude and dismissive.  She actually let him off the hook by asking the same question about 4 times.

Caldwells 'we'll be fine' quote when our form shows the opposite is reminiscent of the Bunnets 'relegation is not in my vocabulary' shortly before leading us to relegation. Caldwell couldn't claim relegation was not in his vocabulary as he is Mr Relegation. Prior to joining us he had been in management for four seasons and on four occasions his club was relegated, I wonder whats going to happen in his fifth season. 

His record is a disgrace and the person 'ultimately responsible' for this laughable appointment should show some leadership and dismiss him and then have a look in the mirror. But taking responsibility for her errors does not appear to be something she is very good at, now who does that remind me of. 

We need people in charge who know the club, know what the club means to people & a manager who at least knows Scottish football at this level. 

At the moment we have neither & it shows.

Macgregor was on the radio yesterday too talking up Ross County as a ‘community’ - may well be spin / nonsense, but seemed genuine enough. We have next to zero interaction with fans these days & it’s showing in attendances. Not to mention the apathy shown on forums etc. 

Change is needed or we could be gone. We stood by Archie as he earned respect & nobody doubted his love for the club. Caldwell doesn’t have this, nor do the board. 

Worrying, sad times. 

10 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Anywhere we can hear that back. I didn't get to the car quickly eniugh cos of some flakirk bams wanting to play handbags at dawn