Caldwell

Jagsman

Just now, Weebaw1 said:

If Erskine is allowed to leave this week, we should have a mass demonstration before the Stranraer match. Right outside the Aitken suite at 1.30.

Nobody has been listening so we must make our voices heard in a bid to get rid of this clown.

I'm in..............v QoS. Can't make next saturday. Doh!!!

13 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Anywhere we can hear that back. I didn't get to the car quickly eniugh cos of some flakirk bams wanting to play handbags at dawn

Not sure where you can hear it. The interviewer is terrible and Caldwell is a bit like Mourinho after a defeat. Not a good reflection on Thistle.

Edited by Auld Jag

Just now, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

We need people in charge who know the club, know what the club means to people & a manager who at least knows Scottish football at this level. 

At the moment we have neither & it shows.

Macgregor was on the radio yesterday too talking up Ross County as a ‘community’ - may well be spin / nonsense, but seemed genuine enough. We have next to zero interaction with fans these days & it’s showing in attendances. Not to mention the apathy shown on forums etc. 

Change is needed or we could be gone. We stood by Archie as he earned respect & nobody doubted his love for the club. Caldwell doesn’t have this, nor do the board. 

Worrying, sad times. 

Had a conversation with my son this morning, he was switched on to the archie situation as after the top 6 finish and particularly after the aberdeen hammering he said archie's time was up and he should move on, before he ruined his reputation. My repost? What does a 15 year old know son, c'mon, after Lambie he's probably our most successful manager, including DavieMcP. He was on the money.

Why am i mentioning this? well this morning he told me he would rather have archie back than carry on with this clown & quite a few of his mates in the northie think that. He said yesterday right after we scored the feeling there was we'll not do enough to win this, while in the JHS the mood was we can go on and score more. Just shows the difference of opinion.

Not changing the formation and not changing to 1 up front after the sending off was criminal. We are doomed to div 1 if this guy stays with his worse record than archiebald. Doomed i yell you, doomed. Further discussion though about who to replace caldwell came up with, leave brian kerr in charge or break the bank to get mccall. So not much help there then..........mum provided bacon butties, nice. 

Just now, Auld Jag said:

Not sure where you can hear it. The interviewer is terrible and Caldwell is a bit like Mourinho after a defeat. Not a good reflection on Thistle.

An example of radio scotland paying lip service to lower league when the premier is off. That's always annoyed me even when we were in the premier.

9 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Had a conversation with my son this morning, he was switched on to the archie situation as after the top 6 finish and particularly after the aberdeen hammering he said archie's time was up and he should move on, before he ruined his reputation. My repost? What does a 15 year old know son, c'mon, after Lambie he's probably our most successful manager, including DavieMcP. He was on the money.

Why am i mentioning this? well this morning he told me he would rather have archie back than carry on with this clown & quite a few of his mates in the northie think that. He said yesterday right after we scored the feeling there was we'll not do enough to win this, while in the JHS the mood was we can go on and score more. Just shows the difference of opinion.

Not changing the formation and not changing to 1 up front after the sending off was criminal. We are doomed to div 1 if this guy stays with his worse record than archiebald. Doomed i yell you, doomed. Further discussion though about who to replace caldwell came up with, leave brian kerr in charge or break the bank to get mccall. So not much help there then..........mum provided bacon butties, nice. 

Don't know what Kerr is like. I would get rid of both. Try and get another manager in with the intention of keeping us up this season and if we were to go down, at least someone who can get us up to the Championship at the first time of asking.

12 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Don't know what Kerr is like. I would get rid of both. Try and get another manager in with the intention of keeping us up this season and if we were to go down, at least someone who can get us up to the Championship at the first time of asking.

Agree. We can either recruit someone who we believe will might keep us up but if we got relegated would make us better over the long run (McCall, Goodwin, maybe Lennon) or recruit someone to the end of the season with a singular task of keeping us in the division.

The later is a particular type of person who is effective, wants back into the game, who we probably wouldn't like (either in style or manner) but to a certain degree you hold you're nose and accept its whats needed. Sam Allardyce at Everton or Jimmy Calderwood/Lee Clark at Kilmarnok are examples of this type.

In the current Scottish game I'm struggling for names. Only one that I could come up with was Billy Davies but that is possibly taking holding your nose to an extreme.

14 minutes ago, laukat said:

Agree. We can either recruit someone who we believe will might keep us up but if we got relegated would make us better over the long run (McCall, Goodwin, maybe Lennon) or recruit someone to the end of the season with a singular task of keeping us in the division.

The later is a particular type of person who is effective, wants back into the game, who we probably wouldn't like (either in style or manner) but to a certain degree you hold you're nose and accept its whats needed. Sam Allardyce at Everton or Jimmy Calderwood/Lee Clark at Kilmarnok are examples of this type.

In the current Scottish game I'm struggling for names. Only one that I could come up with was Billy Davies but that is possibly taking holding your nose to an extreme.

Hughes went to Raith Rovers a few seasons ago round about this time in the season and they still went down. I am sure the same happened with Lennon at Alloa a number of seasons ago. 

Just now, Auld Jag said:

Hughes went to Raith Rovers a few seasons ago round about this time in the season and they still went down. I am sure the same happened with Lennon at Alloa a number of seasons ago. 

Yip, wouldn't touch Hughes and if we go for Lennon it needs to be with an acceptance that we're hoping he can keep us up but his ultimate target is to ensure we are only out of the championship for 1 season.

I think McCall or Goodwin could save us but again neither are short-term appointments or likely to be available until the summer.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree AJ. Problem is, how will we finance this?

We have players we don't want to play because they're rubbish. If nobody is stupid enough to take them, we have to pay their wages. We are paying  Archie and Shaggy until the end of the season. We were so desperate to acquire the services of Caldwell that I dread to think what the get clause is in his contract. So we would have to pay him and Kerr too. Then pay the new management team.

We are in a real mess. It would be bad enough if we were to stay in the Championship but that is looking increasingly unlikely.

There has been little long-term strategic planning at the club for a while now. Too many people with little experience of running a football club. I hope they have run realistic models of possible scenarios. Perhaps they have concluded that, financially, it makes better sense to limp on with Caldwell until the end of the season, and regroup in League One. We may never know. But, I'm afraid, the image I have in my head is of rabbits caught in headlights.

54 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

There has been little long-term strategic planning at the club for a while now. Too many people with little experience of running a football club. I hope they have run realistic models of possible scenarios. Perhaps they have concluded that, financially, it makes better sense to limp on with Caldwell until the end of the season, and regroup in League One. We may never know. But, I'm afraid, the image I have in my head is of rabbits caught in headlights.

100% the case, in my opinion. 

54 minutes ago, scotty said:

I listened to this, possibly looking for some amunition to have a snip at GC. I've no issues here. I didn't get the impression he was condescending to her. Or treated her differently cos she was a female.

He was clearly p1sed cis he felt the ref was p1ss poor, and he was. Does anyone think andrew dallas  would be a ref if his dad wasnt hugh. He is honkin. Many times archiebald was interviewed i'd moan cos it was bland p1sh. I like his attitude. Her questions were p1ss poor and no wonder he got annoyed at her tedious drivvell. 

He sounded like a fan imho

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

I listened to this, possibly looking for some amunition to have a snip at GC. I've no issues here. I didn't get the impression he was condescending to her. Or treated her differently cos she was a female.

He was clearly p1sed cis he felt the ref was p1ss poor, and he was. Does anyone think andrew dallas  would be a ref if his dad wasnt hugh. He is honkin. Many times archiebald was interviewed i'd moan cos it was bland p1sh. I like his attitude. Her questions were p1ss poor and no wonder he got annoyed at her tedious drivvell. 

Usually I agree with you, on this occasion not. I listened in the car coming home and haven't listened again. The interviewer imo didn't seem to know what to ask him and even said we had lost. Sounded as if they had never interviewed anybody before. Caldwell sounded to me as if he didn't want to answer any questions and when he did just wanted to go on about the ref costing us the win. He also mentioned we were in complete control and were attacking them a lot. I must have been at a different game.  Read on the forum we had 2/3 shots on goal, not exactly all out attack. I remember hearing the recording  of the meet the manager night when a Thistle fan pulled him up for his poor record since becoming Thistle manager. Again he came out with excuses and stats about shots at goal. But when the gentleman pointed out how little had been on target and even less had resulted in goals, Caldwell quickly went on to another question. We should find out who that fan was and get him to do an interview with Caldwell.

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Agree AJ. Problem is, how will we finance this?

We have players we don't want to play because they're rubbish. If nobody is stupid enough to take them, we have to pay their wages. We are paying  Archie and Shaggy until the end of the season. We were so desperate to acquire the services of Caldwell that I dread to think what the get clause is in his contract. So we would have to pay him and Kerr too. Then pay the new management team.

We are in a real mess. It would be bad enough if we were to stay in the Championship but that is looking increasingly unlikely.

Agree BB. Surely the board has some sort of clause in Caldwells contract that covered us if he wasn't  doing well. After all he didn't have a great record before he came to Firhill. If we have to pay him 2 years full contract if we paid him off the board are at fault.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Agree. He just sounds like a frustrated manager, which I'm sure he is

11 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Usually I agree with you, on this occasion not. I listened in the car coming home and haven't listened again. The interviewer imo didn't seem to know what to ask him and even said we had lost. Sounded as if they had never interviewed anybody before. Caldwell sounded to me as if he didn't want to answer any questions and when he did just wanted to go on about the ref costing us the win. He also mentioned we were in complete control and were attacking them a lot. I must have been at a different game.  Read on the forum we had 2/3 shots on goal, not exactly all out attack. I remember hearing the recording  of the meet the manager night when a Thistle fan pulled him up for his poor record since becoming Thistle manager. Again he came out with excuses and stats about shots at goal. But when the gentleman pointed out how little had been on target and even less had resulted in goals, Caldwell quickly went on to another question. We should find out who that fan was and get him to do an interview with Caldwell.

Agree with the finding the fan part. Hr was awsome.

I still didn't think GC came accross as badly as i was expecting, you're right tho, her performance was pants. I didn't think he was the disgrace i was expecting?

On the attacking comment, we were all over them 1st half and looked threatening going forward up to the sending off.

Even after their goal i was pleased to see us still trying to take the game to them.

I'm heartened by the new signings, and the performances of harkins, bannigan and slater. But still have huge concerns around the manager. I do think we are passed the "better performance" stage tho. We need to start winning or we are down again.

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

He leaves the fans of the clubs he manages frustrated, angry and rueing the day he became manager at their club.

He sure does but, although i take the point that we don't want to hear our manager speaking in that chip on the shoulder way, i agree with GC's point that Dallas was very very poor. Did he cost us the game? I say yes cos up til the sending off we looked like going on to score more and thet didn't look like breaking through. That said we didn't help ourselves keeping playing with 10 men and two up front!! Aaaaaargh, tactically nieve manager

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

He sure does but, although i take the point that we don't want to hear our manager speaking in that chip on the shoulder way, i agree with GC's point that Dallas was very very poor. Did he cost us the game? I say yes cos up til the sending off we looked like going on to score more and thet didn't look like breaking through. That said we didn't help ourselves keeping playing with 10 men and two up front!! Aaaaaargh, tactically nieve manager

One thing that's generally accepted by supporters of all clubs (tho' two sets of fans' opinions are worthless) is that officiating in Scotland is poor. I doubt you'll hear anyone say that "refereeing is hunky dory apart from Andrew Dallas". 

So GC singling him out ain't too clever.

Firstly as one of Dallas's many errors was in not booking Harkins for a bad tackle in the 1st half. 

Secondly no matter how soft his 2nd yellow was Harkins is experienced enough to know not to give that idiot ref a decision to make, especially in a relatively safe area of the pitch.

Thirdly I reckon it's most likely Harkins was due to be subbed. Carrying a yellow should possibly of expedited the substitution. In not doing so Caldwell's decision making could be brought into question  tho' he would likely have faith in Harkins's experience not to incur the wrath of Dallas. 

We should really have been able to see the game out against a poorish side with less than 20 mins to go.  Not immediately taking off at least one of the players up front was one of the strangest decisions (or is that non-decisions?) Caldwell has made. Blaming the referee in the manner he did is stupid. Especially when  his post Tannadice patter on the same programme was so justifiably ridiculed the week before.