Caldwell

Jagsman

Just now, lady-isobel-barnett said:

One thing that's generally accepted by supporters of all clubs (tho' two sets of fans' opinions are worthless) is that officiating in Scotland is poor. I doubt you'll hear anyone say that "refereeing is hunky dory apart from Andrew Dallas". 

So GC singling him out ain't too clever.

Firstly as one of Dallas's many errors was in not booking Harkins for a bad tackle in the 1st half. 

Secondly no matter how soft his 2nd yellow was Harkins is experienced enough to know not to give that idiot ref a decision to make, especially in a relatively safe area of the pitch.

Thirdly I reckon it's most likely Harkins was due to be subbed. Carrying a yellow should possibly of expedited the substitution. In not doing so Caldwell's decision making could be brought into question  tho' he would likely have faith in Harkins's experience not to incur the wrath of Dallas. 

We should really have been able to see the game out against a poorish side with less than 20 mins to go.  Not immediately taking off at least one of the players up front was one of the strangest decisions (or is that non-decisions?) Caldwell has made. Blaming the referee in the manner he did is stupid. Especially when  his post Tannadice patter on the same programme was so justifiably ridiculed the week before.  

Agree somewhat with all you post here LIB, eapecially the OF comment!!

Would counter that imo the first yellow card incident harkins got the ball and contact with the man was minimal anf so i agree with GC that the falkirk players were ........at it? Agree completely that harko should've known better and not committed to the 2nd booking tackle AND yes, my main point mirrors yours, that we should have seen the game out.

My main thrust was i didn't see much wrong with his interview and liked the general spirit of his content which we could speculate is part of his tactics to seem/come accross as supportive of his players?

Can we agree andrew dallas is an outrageously poor ref in a disappointingly poot cadre of refs. Spoke to a few falkirk fans walking back to the car and they were very critical of his performance which for me is a good indication when both sets of fans agree. BTW they believed the penalty shout push from behind was a stonewall penalty.

When I listened to the interview, I was surprised that he didn’t mention the penalty incident as well. It would have backed up his “the ref cost us the game” claim. Secondly, I think he is entitled to ask the reporter what she thought of the refereeing performance. It came across to me that she was trying to get him into bother with the authorities.

Agree with Lenziejag here.

If the interviewer was so keen to get GC to criticise the ref then why didn't she bring up the blatant push in the back in the box and invite GC to bring the game further into disrepute.  3 times she asked him about refereeing decisions and then whether Harkins sending off had turned the game.  The final insult being when she asks if we lost the game because of the referee.

Was she even at the game???

I think GC was slow to react to (if not predict the likelihood of) the red card in re-arranging the team and slowing everything down to retain the control we we'd been enjoying.

But I felt his pain coming away from those decisions and the result to then have to face moronic questioning live on the radio from a reporter that didn't even know the result of the game.  

If I paid for a TV licence, I'd refuse to pay for a TV license to those wage thieves at the BBC.  

15 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

No matter how this season ends it’s utter misery if we somehow stay up we’ll be stuck with this failure and if we go down we already know the problems.

Caldwell was hired on a remit to win promotion (or at the very least be challenging for it). It is the same remit AA was given, and AA's failure to be challenging resulted in his sacking.

As such, simply staying up is a failure with respect to the original remit. Staying up by the skin of our teeth should result in immediate dismissal 5 minutes after the season's end.

Caldwell's services should only be retained if very real and sustained promotion form is shown between now and the season's end. Even if too late to make the play-offs, at least this would support the argument that he can kick on with his own players.

Personally, I'm not optimistic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Caldwell was hired on a remit to win promotion (or at the very least be challenging for it). It is the same remit AA was given, and AA's failure to be challenging resulted in his sacking.

As such, simply staying up is a failure with respect to the original remit. Staying up by the skin of our teeth should result in immediate dismissal 5 minutes after the season's end.

Caldwell's services should only be retained if very real and sustained promotion form is shown between now and the season's end. Even if too late to make the play-offs, at least this would support the argument that he can kick on with his own players.

Personally, I'm not optimistic.

I think we will know this by the end of next month 

I was prepared to give him a chance, even up until today. Not now though.

Partick Thistle is more than Chris Erskine, of course it is, but there is a way the club should carry itself & this has fallen well short of my expectations. 

Caldwell can go. Now. This is crazy, but I actually wouldn’t mind losing on Saturday to force him out the door. I never thought I’d say that.

27 minutes ago, Blackpool Jags said:

Chris Erskine good enough for a thriving Premiership club, but patently NOT good enough for Caldwell's bottom of the Championship Thistle.

This is sickening. Get this bombscare Caldwell TF now! When will the penny drop??

Here here! Shocking treatment of a great club  servant who leaves with his head held high. Have a look at Holt's managerial stats versus Caldwell's.  Pretty clear who knows what they're doing and who doesn't. The Board have lost the plot and this clown is going to take us down. 

• Like 3