Caldwell

Jagsman

47 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Danny Lennon.....experience and Thistle connection 

My mind is split on this. I'm not sure Danny would be the quick fix type of manager we desperately need. Plus I saw first hand Danny's managerial credibility plummet at Alloa. The other side of the coin (for me at least) is I rate him highly as a coach, particularly with younger players. 

Given our present situation it's not exactly an appropriate time to suggest this but I'd like to see Lennon at Firhill on a lengthy contract most likely in the role of assistant manager/coach. It would add continuity, stability and certainly more insurance.  Who knows our next manager might be an outright success and move on at the drop of a hat. Danny would still be about to provide continuity. I know new managers like to bring an assistant with them but when they move on so does their 2nd in charge creating a void. I imagine we'd be able to at least match Danny's current terms and give him added job security but that would of course depend on us remaining in the league we're in.

Anyway that's more of a pipe dream at this precise moment.  

Judging by Caldwell’s interview with Simon ferry, he seems to idolise Roberto Martinez. When Martinez managed Everton, he talked absolute nonsense and believed he was some kind of philosopher of the game, when in fact he didn’t have a clue. You can see this trait of talking nonsense in Caldwell

Would like to see any manager assistant combination of Craigan, Lennon, and Callum Davidson, the three of them are aware of the rigors of the scottish game and what is needed to succeed.

Also have had success and experience working with younger players which is a direction we are going to head for the rebuild.

Just how strong is this affinity with the club that Craigan is supposed to have? He's surely much more attached to the club he played much longer for - Motherwell - than us, and I'm at a loss to see why so many people think he'd be good when he's done zilch in management.

I'd actually like to see David Moyes replace Caldwell, tomorrow if possible!! No chance, of course.

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just how strong is this affinity with the club that Craigan is supposed to have? He's surely much more attached to the club he played much longer for - Motherwell - than us, and I'm at a loss to see why so many people think he'd be good when he's done zilch in management.

I'd actually like to see David Moyes replace Caldwell, tomorrow if possible!! No chance, of course.

He’s spoken on multiple occasions about his affinity for us. He asked for us to be Motherwell’s opposition in his testimonial, for example. Not convinced he would be the right man to take over but he has plenty coaching experience and seems to usually talk sense. 

And I’d like to see Guardiola replace Caldwell but it isn’t happening. 

48 minutes ago, Juanito said:

I am aware that it has been a tough couple of seasons and I may have zoned out on some games but did I miss a manager coming and going???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46889425

Good old BBC, never misses a trick.

"He impressed us immensely during the interview process and his enthusiasm to take what is a very attractive job on really shone through," 

"He's identified that there are good players here in the squad" 

Now where recently have I heard that before?

Had been willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, even though his record is horrible - hey, we're unbeaten in 2019 (optimistic head on).  The jury was pretty far out to be fair, but, yes, benefit of the doubt.

The whole Erskine fiasco - the sooner he GTFs the better.  For whatever reason he's just committed suicide as manager.  That trapdoor is looking very big and very open at the moment.

5 hours ago, laukat said:

After the erksine episode and now that we have a clear disagreement between fans and Board/manager I wonder if it changes the criteria for what we need as a manager.

To restore some sense of togetherness we may now require a person who gets the fans back on side either because they have previous managerial success and/or someone who the fans can accept as one of their own.

So if we can't get McCall, Goodwin or Lennon then maybe someone like Stephen Craigan might now be a good option to the end of the season? Whilst he has no mangerial career he is undoubtly someone who has an affinity with the club.

I don’t get the new person having to have had a previous connection with Thistle. And bringing in someone with no experience ? I don’t think it is what we need

28 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

Isn't José looking for a gig just now?

More seriously, it's not long since Donald Park (former player, plenty of experience with youth) retired - a couple of months to top up the pension? (Actually, he might make a useful scout.)

Donald was at Firhill a couple of games ago.

8 hours ago, sandy said:

As the dust settles on yesterday’s events, I’ve been thinking about our plight.

Caldwell doesn’t seem a good fit for Thistle. His decision to remain living near Manchester should have been an early red flag. He is achieving less with the same players, his signings have been uninspiring. His management skills can’t be great if he couldn’t make a creative player such as Erskine feel valued.

The response from fans to our current trajectory into the third tier has ranged from indifference/denial, to apathy about attending Firhill for the remainder  of this season, to anger about how he hastened the dismantling of everything we have built since 2012-13.

Sadly, we will see a loss of income; from Jagzone subs cancelled, to ST’s not renewed. And from dwindling attendances and associated matchday spend.  I love our Club, I want it to succeed. But third tier football will deplete our income and leave us in the wilderness for some time. We don’t deserve to be another Chesterfield. 

I genuinely think GC is out of his depth, but his own ‘confidence’ perhaps prevents him acknowledging that.

So the Board must act this month. Hold their hands up. Take the hit on his severance. Get someone in to take us to Chamionship safety.

Before it is too late.

No more likes. Spot on. For confidence maybe arrogance.

4 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

One thing we can be sure of , if the board of PTFC do not act now, in years to come someone will write the play about a football team that got to top 6 of the Scottish Premier league one year, and then simply stopped playing.  That same team followed that relatively successful season with relegation, and then another relegation while the new manager and chairperson of the club sent each other spreadsheets on how to rebuild the team, while the football team were sent to boot camp to get covered in mud and made to feel uncomfortable.  Players who wanted to play for the club were persuaded to leave, and lesser players with no interest in the club brought in to replace the naturally gifted players.

On a personal note, this guy Caldwell is really p*ssing me off, I wanted to buy a 1/2 season ticket (used to work rotational shifts overseas, but retired at Xmas) and enjoy a reasonably exciting last half of the season where although IMO we were never going to get promotion, we were contenders to a third or fourth spot on the championship. That would have done for me to be honest, but now I cant buy the ST as that would make me appear to be supportive of GC and Ms Low, and I won't buy a ST as long as GC is at the club.

Wow. We musta been seperated at birth. I too retired at Christmas and intended to get a 1/2 seaaon with a view to a full one next seaaon. I share yout view amd shalln't be buying one until this clown leaves