Caldwell

Jagsman

25 minutes ago, milhouse said:

What do you mean by this?

I'd hope PTFC would be all about winning football matches. For me, Gary Caldwell has a few more games left to aee if he can do that.

Partick Thistle are a Community club , there always should be a connection between the fans and the Club , that’s obviously not happening  just now for a variety of reasons . If we were all just about winning football matches , think we’ve all picked the wrong team to support 

• Like 3

Players like Erskine & Doolan will always define what Thistle are about; they will be remembered long after Caldwell has gone. 

It’s that thing about the ‘culture’ within a Club; so difficult to quantify, but you recognise when the manager doesn’t understand it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sandy said:

Players like Erskine & Doolan will always define what Thistle are about; they will be remembered long after Caldwell has gone. 

It’s that thing about the ‘culture’ within a Club; so difficult to quantify, but you recognise when the manager doesn’t understand it.

Stevie lawless as well - only guy who really gave 110 per cent in the 2 playoff games and was absolutely gutted at the final whistle and who we have Archie to thank for getting rid

14 minutes ago, sandy said:

I agree Sandy and I liked your earlier post too. This is why I was so disappointed about the Erskine departure.

I suspect this is why you were a defender of Archie. But I disagreed with you on that one because he had taken us as far as he could.

Caldwell has no appreciation of the culture, community spirit, lack of bias(almost liberalism) about Thistle. He should go and manage Skelmersdale Utd.

We shall see on Saturday whether we are any better than Archie’s reign. Remember we jumped Stranraer 5-0 earlier on!

43 minutes ago, sandy said:

Agree. I will remember Caldwell as being  amongst the worst managers I have ever seen managing Thistle . Since I have supported Thistle for more than 55 years I have seen some 'warmers' in the Thistle hot seat.

25 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

I agree Sandy and I liked your earlier post too. This is why I was so disappointed about the Erskine departure.

I suspect this is why you were a defender of Archie. But I disagreed with you on that one because he had taken us as far as he could.

Caldwell has no appreciation of the culture, community spirit, lack of bias(almost liberalism) about Thistle. He should go and manage Skelmersdale Utd.

We shall see on Saturday whether we are any better than Archie’s reign. Remember we jumped Stranraer 5-0 earlier on!

You obviously don't like Skelmersdale Utd.:D

38 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Cheers weebaw1. 

People like Lambie & Archie would have bled red and yellow if you cut them open. The Jags were part of their DNA as much as it is for Erskine & Doolan.

I think in hindsight, Archie & Shaggy we’re drained by the effort to keep us up in the Premier over a number of seasons. I should have seen that, but I always gave (and will give) Archie the credit for his years of service to the Club.

But we are where we are, looking to the future. And the rebuild and our sustainability is not something that Caldwell can be a part of. I just don’t think he gets the Jags; he has tried to use us to get a gig back in the English Championship. Well, that’s going well ain’t it!

Edited by sandy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Stevie lawless as well - only guy who really gave 110 per cent in the 2 playoff games and was absolutely gutted at the final whistle and who we have Archie to thank for getting rid

Archie is another to add to the list. A colossal figure in our history regardless of how it ended.

So quit the snide wee unnecessary digs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Archie was bloody hopeless from top 6 year onwards. Absolutely rank.

So he was hopeless after having made over 400 appearances (many as captain), having secured us promotion in glorious fashion, having kept us up for more seasons than in many decades, and having secured our highest finish in god knows how many years (was it 40 odd years?).

Aye you’re right. What did he ever do for us? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

So he was hopeless after having made over 400 appearances (many as captain), having secured us promotion in glorious fashion, having kept us up for more seasons than in many decades, and having secured our highest finish in god knows how many years (was it 40 odd years?).

17 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

36 Years. But the rest is spot on.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. I will remember Caldwell as being  amongst the worst managers I have ever seen managing Thistle . Since I have supported Thistle for more than 55 years I have seen some 'warmers' in the Thistle hot seat.

That got me thinking....  Johnstone, McVey,  Clark, Bryce, Dick... yip Caldwell is possibly in there with the worst of them... 

14 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

‘What have the Romans ever done for us?’

REG: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us? 

XERXES: Brought peace.

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Archie is another to add to the list. A colossal figure in our history regardless of how it ended.

So quit the snide wee unnecessary digs. 

In my opinion the guy has played his part in getting us into this mess.

Stop your greeting you don’t agree that’s fine. 

It’s a forum though about different opinions so get used to it or don’t post 

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

That got me thinking....  Johnstone, McVey,  Clark, Bryce, Dick... yip Caldwell is possibly in there with the worst of them... 

I think there is probably a Thistle cr@p manager scale with peak keek being Campbell.

In my view Caldwell prior to the Erskine episode was in the pack with Benny Rooney, Derek Johnstone, Gerry Collins, Derek Whyte/Gerry Britton and Murdo McLeod.

However post Erskine Caldwell has now shot past Sandy Clark into 2nd spot behind the 'miner's boy'

Only reason Caldwell is in second spot is he hasn't dissapointed over such a prolonged period as the current Abroath manager.

In short Caldwell is not a D@ck yet

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

And then undone all that work and left us in the mess we are in.

28 minutes ago, laukat said:

I think there is probably a Thistle cr@p manager scale with peak keek being Campbell.

In my view Caldwell prior to the Erskine episode was in the pack with Benny Rooney, Derek Johnstone, Gerry Collins, Derek Whyte/Gerry Britton and Murdo McLeod.

However post Erskine Caldwell has now shot past Sandy Clark into 2nd spot behind the 'miner's boy'

Only reason Caldwell is in second spot is he hasn't dissapointed over such a prolonged period as the current Abroath manager.

In short Caldwell is not a D@ck yet

Think Caldwell is an odds on favourite to take over the No 1 slot 

Caldwell knows he’s in the shit and is rolling the dice to try and get out of it and turn things around.   I reckon he thinks it isn’t going to turn around so the roll of the dice is to bring in new faces and let as may go . He must have his reasons for those who have went. It’s not an impossibility he won’t keep us up and the gamble pays off.  If he does kee pus up then the gamble will have paid off.