Caldwell

Jagsman

There's undoubtedly a new professionalism about the squad. A lot being said about the new signings but I feel in general our established players have also upped their game. I think we'll be alright if we can get a bit of a cushion on Falkirk and Alloa. I doubt tho' we should get too ahead of ourselves. This morning we were bottom of the league and tho' we clearly deserved our three points today it wouldn't have taken too much bad luck if we only came away with one point. Next week's game against County will perhaps be more indicative of just how much we've improved.  

As a Caldwell critic I think it only fair to say well done on the turnaround since the new year. Whilst there is still a lot more to do before we are out of the smelly stuff I think he has at least moved us out of the apathy stage. So kudos to Mr Caldwell, here's hoping it continues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, laukat said:

As a Caldwell critic I think it only fair to say well done on the turnaround since the new year. Whilst there is still a lot more to do before we are out of the smelly stuff I think he has at least moved us out of the apathy stage. So kudos to Mr Caldwell, here's hoping it continues.

Agreed, I was sceptical after the first couple of months but it’s looking a lot brighter now and I’m definitely looking forward to going to games again. 

It always irked that under Archibald and Patterson, two of our best defenders in the last few decades, we were so often disorganised at the back and it cost us regularly.

Caldwell has come in and after a shitefest start seems to have clamped it in one transfer window with good short term signings and helping a few players find consistent form. 

35 minutes ago, allyo said:

Anyone ready to give the Chairman credit for backing him?

Interesting. Did she back him or just not sack him? We'll never know.

At the end of last year I was in the Caldwell Out camp. Our performances until then did not match the glowing reference we were given by the Chairman when he was appointed. He was brought in to get us promoted and we plummeted instead. 

All the homework he did for his interview crumbled to dust when he walked into the dressing room. A fractured, fragile bunch of players, confidence shot.

He has taken a scythe to the squad. He deserves credit for identifying the dead wood and removing them all from the dressing room. His signings have been astute. I'm most impressed by the way he managed to prise Keown out and bring in Anderson. A deft piece of business.

Our current form (best in the division) seems remarkable given the performances in the previous 18 months. We have improved dramatically and Caldwell deserved great credit for that.

Not out of the woods yet, a bad day on Saturday and we could be bottom again. But there is hope now where there once was despair. Five wins in a row! I'm practicing my nonchalant swagger ready for work tomorrow.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Interesting. Did she back him or just not sack him? We'll never know.

At the end of last year I was in the Caldwell Out camp. Our performances until then did not match the glowing reference we were given by the Chairman when he was appointed. He was brought in to get us promoted and we plummeted instead. 

All the homework he did for his interview crumbled to dust when he walked into the dressing room. A fractured, fragile bunch of players, confidence shot.

He has taken a scythe to the squad. He deserves credit for identifying the dead wood and removing them all from the dressing room. His signings have been astute. I'm most impressed by the way he managed to prise Keown out and bring in Anderson. A deft piece of business.

Our current form (best in the division) seems remarkable given the performances in the previous 18 months. We have improved dramatically and Caldwell deserved great credit for that.

Not out of the woods yet, a bad day on Saturday and we could be bottom again. But there is hope now where there once was despair. Five wins in a row! I'm practicing my nonchalant swagger ready for work tomorrow.

yep, totally agree re Anderson. A very astutue bit of business and we've definitely got the best result out of that swap. Keown was brilliant in his first season with us so hopefully a move away will help him recapture that form-he seems a decent bloke.