Caldwell

Jagsman

Another thing worth mentioning re GC, is that his substitutions are miles better than AA’s ever were. On Saturday 1-0 up with 20 minutes to go GC could have thrown McGinty on to shore up and defend what we had ( something AA would have done), instead he brought on 2 strikers McDonald and Mansell and went for the 2nd goal, I also think that GC is more tactically astute.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, allyo said:

Anyone ready to give the Chairman credit for backing him?

I think there could be a few reasons we have hung on to him. We couldn't afford to be paying Caldwell off while we are still paying our previous management team. The Chairman didn't want to admit they had got it wrong. They had confidence he would turn it around, even though it took longer than what they expected. Whatever the reason we now seemed to have turned the 'tanker' around and hopefully heading in the right direction and calmer waters.

5 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

Another thing worth mentioning re GC, is that his substitutions are miles better than AA’s ever were. On Saturday 1-0 up with 20 minutes to go GC could have thrown McGinty on to shore up and defend what we had ( something AA would have done), instead he brought on 2 strikers McDonald and Mansell and went for the 2nd goal, I also think that GC is more tactically astute.

It doesn't take much of a leap for Caldwell to be more tactically aware than Archibald, does it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

It doesn't take much of a leap for Caldwell to be more tactically aware than Archibald, does it?

While Caldwell is beginning to improve on Archibald’s latter performance (though technically he’s presently only drawn level, in terms of league position, to Archibald’s closing position), he has a long way to go to match the highs of the Archibald yesrs. And a lot of that took tactical nous (not least of which, turning around McNamara’s dreadful away form).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

All hail King Caldwell, the messiah who will lead the Jags to another division.

The genius who masterminded wins against the giants of East Fife and the part timers of Alloa.

Comes up against a decent team and is found out. As are some of his players who were horribly exposed and shown not to be good enough for this level.

Some may have changed their opinions of GC. I’ve not. He’s not for us. He’s a serial loser and he’s taking us down.

6 minutes ago, Big Col said:

The genius who masterminded wins against the giants of East Fife and the part timers of Alloa.

Comes up against a decent team and is found out. As are some of his players who were horribly exposed and shown not to be good enough for this level.

Some may have changed their opinions of GC. I’ve not. He’s not for us. He’s a serial loser and he’s taking us down.

I wondered when you would be back. Must have been annoying the last 7 games.

• Like 1

Just now, dl1971 said:

I wondered when you would be back. Must have been annoying the last 7 games.

Never been away, mate. Why would I find a winning steak annoying? Ah yes, I forgot that no-one is allowed to criticise the manager. I’ve made no secret of the fact that I don’t rate GC. At least I stand by my principles.

How did you enjoy the game today?

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

Never been away, mate. Why would I find a winning steak annoying? Ah yes, I forgot that no-one is allowed to criticise the manager. I’ve made no secret of the fact that I don’t rate GC. At least I stand by my principles.

How did you enjoy the game today?

I didn't. I stand by my principles too. I just don't get too over excited when we lose. Not good for the blood pressure.

35 minutes ago, Big Col said:

They are not just a decent team they are the best in the league- however we should never have lost 4 goals after being 2 nil up, not should we have been pummelled and outshone  in the second half that had such a hard game midweek. Absolutely disgraceful 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I didn't. I stand by my principles too. I just don't get too over excited when we lose. Not good for the blood pressure.

We didn't lose today, we abjectly surrendered , in every area of the park after being two goals up. Harkins, for one,  wouldn't get a game for Maryhill Juniors. 

RC may be top of the league but they were beaten midweek, they're hardly in the invincible category. If you're happy with glorious victories over dross like East Fife, and Alloa, there's plenty who are not; if Caldwell is your idea of a manager who will lead us to promotion (remember that fairy story) - have another look at the league table (and the goal difference too when you're at it), with around a quarte of the season left to go. 

I wouldn't trust him to gain us promotion from League One, because that's where we're heading.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

For asking an honest question on an Internet forum?

You didn't ask anything. 

Honestly, why should dl1971 answer to you? The fact they said they thought their contribution was necessary should have been enough. Who are you to pontificate on what is and isn't necessary?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Passenger said:

You didn't ask anything. 

Honestly, why should dl1971 answer to you? The fact they said they thought their contribution was necessary should have been enough. Who are you to pontificate on what is and isn't necessary?

It's an Internet forum where Jags Fans debate, celebrate and pontificate.

That's the nature of these things.

You say something and sometimes you get called out on it as a point of discussion.

If you say something on an Internet forum it's up for scrutiny and analysis.

If an individual isn't up for that level of scrutiny, then don't post on the forum.