Caldwell

Jagsman

Just now, Dark Passenger said:

My scrutiny and analysis of your contributions leads me to conclude that you're a pompous bellend, Barney.

Thanks, I didn't realise that my humble contributions to the forum were deserving of such detailed feedback from such an esteemed analyst as DP.

Your favourite pompous bellend wishes you a great weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

My scrutiny and analysis of your contributions leads me to conclude that you're a pompous bellend, Barney.

I've received a report asking Admin to tell you to 'shut your puss'. 

To save my phone from pinging while I'm at home trying to watch a film could you do me a favour and shut your puss. Or at least tone down the abuse. 

Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

I've received a report asking Admin to tell you to 'shut your puss'. 

To save my phone from pinging while I'm at home trying to watch a film could you do me a favour and shut your puss. Or at least tone down the abuse. 

Cheers. 

For the avoidance of any doubt or confusion, can I clarify that I was not the author of said report.

Some on the forum have spoke as if Caldwell's tenure only started in January. We have of course picked up 11 points from the 6  league games we have played since then. But in reality he has been in charge of 16 league games and in that time we have picked up 16 points. You don't have to be Rachel Riley  to work out that makes an average of 1 point per game. We have 11 league games left and if we were to continue with that average, we would end up with 36 points. I don't think that would be enough for us to end up out of the bottom 2. We need to hope that the second half (non) performance against County is just a blip and we manage to get back on the rails and playing the way we have done for the majority of 2019. I think we need to look to get at least 15 points from our remaining league games. That needs to start on Tuesday night at East End park, as another defeat could see us hit another downward spiral and we know how long we took to get out of that the last time it started.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Some on the forum have spoke as if Caldwell's tenure only started in January. We have of course picked up 11 points from the 6  league games we have played since then. But in reality he has been in charge of 16 league games and in that time we have picked up 16 points. You don't have to be Rachel Riley  to work out that makes an average of 1 point per game. We have 11 league games left and if we were to continue with that average, we would end up with 36 points. I don't think that would be enough for us to end up out of the bottom 2. We need to hope that the second half (non) performance against County is just a blip and we manage to get back on the rails and playing the way we have done for the majority of 2019. I think we need to look to get at least 15 points from our remaining league games. That needs to start on Tuesday night at East End park, as another defeat could see us hit another downward spiral and we know how long we took to get out of that the last time it started.

Agree AJ, cos if we don't beat dunfermline it's hard to see us get anything against DU or Ayr. I was really upbeat last week but 2nd half has dragged me down AGAIN!!!

That said we have been doing ok and a second half will not in itself define our season. Lests see how we bounce back v dunfermline. I was going to make the trip but not sure now. A bigger crowd yesterday would have been tempted back next home game at half time but given 2nd half I wonder how many new or returning fans will be tempted to come again?

Two visitors from Holland behind us yesterday, really enjoyed the game but wondered "do thistle do this every week?".........naw it just feels like it!!

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

So when are we sacking him?

Careful now - you’re not allowed to criticise the man who masterminded a 7 game unbeaten run which included wins against giants of Scottish football East Fife and Stranraer plus the part timers of Alloa. Have faith.

• Like 2

Caldwell was hired to get the Club promoted...it was clear by the end of November that he had failed. He had a nucleus of good standard Championship players and has probably the third highest budget in the League...he failed to get the best out of some decent players and shipped them out...he has brought in older players who have hardly had any game-time this season and have been found out.

I was unconvinced that victories against part-time teams was evidence that Caldwell had what it takes...Morton and Dunfermline were very poor sides when I saw them at Firhill but they are within reach of a play-off spot so any vaguely competent manager should have achieved this for Thistle.

I had already lost interest for this season but it now looks like the unthinkable of successive relegations is a real possibility. Even if we scramble clear, with players out of contract and loan players leaving, we will have the shell of a squad for next season...and a washed-up Gary Harkins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

Caldwell was hired to get the Club promoted...it was clear by the end of November that he had failed. He had a nucleus of good standard Championship players and has probably the third highest budget in the League...he failed to get the best out of some decent players and shipped them out...he has brought in older players who have hardly had any game-time this season and have been found out.

I was unconvinced that victories against part-time teams was evidence that Caldwell had what it takes...Morton and Dunfermline were very poor sides when I saw them at Firhill but they are within reach of a play-off spot so any vaguely competent manager should have achieved this for Thistle.

I had already lost interest for this season but it now looks like the unthinkable of successive relegations is a real possibility. Even if we scramble clear, with players out of contract and loan players leaving, we will have the shell of a squad for next season...and a washed-up Gary Harkins. 

Absolutely. This is my biggest problem with January. We have a bunch of loan and short term signings.  It’s absolute short termism. Now if that saves us going down, it may look a good idea but if we are sacrificing development of our own players to develop others and they still get us relegated, it looks to be a ooor decision. 

Our on loan defensive trio and goalkeeper have now shipped 7 goals in 135 minutes of football  out three worst defensive half’s of Caldwell’s reign (Morton away, Saturday, tonight) - none of them have featured the castigated bombscare MacGinty  

fair play to Caldwell for coming a few years a towards the fans to give us a clap at the end    Brave 

From his Jagzone interview Caldwell appeared to have no idea what went wrong or how to change it, which is the most worrying aspect. There were several glaring things:

- The shape, without the inclusion of pace in Fitzpatrick, was brutal and entirely one paced and one dimensional.

- We continue to play Penrice as a wing back despite the fact he’s as slow as a week in the jail.

- We continue to play Harkins despite the fact he has the mobility of an oil tanker and has contributed almost literally nothing since signing. 

Even if stay up, and it’s a big if, there can be no question now that he has to go at the end of the season. We have a team of loanees and veterans, and are embroiled in a relegation scrap that Caldwell has taken us into. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu