Caldwell

Jagsman

2 hours ago, allyo said:

I'm not defending them. I'm only noting that nobody was talking about it when we were winning.

People were talking up protests at the Stranraer game because we were losing a lot and Erskine had left and everyone got angry. Then we won a few games and it was all rosy. Nobody said a word. My point is that our club is either being badly mismanaged  from the top or it isn't. But if you truly believe it is, then wins over East Fife and Alloa shouldn't distract from that. The individual wins are down to the team and the people managing the team. As are the defeats. The board of directors is an entirely different question.

Fair point you're making there. Kinda similar to no matter how valid a complaint would be, say about a referee or an artificial surface, no club lodges complains when they've won the match. 

More to the point tho', jaf was talking specifics. Clearly defined areas where the Board/Club are coming up short. Actually I can think of a couple of things they're either getting right or have certainly improved on but on balance at this point of time they look like they've a lot to answer for.

In an earlier post I mentioned that I had received no reply from an email to Pauline Graham that I sent on th 20th January.  I should elaborate.

Pauline and I exchanged a number of emails that covered the Trust's constitution and the subject of Trust/fans representation on the Board.  She was extremely helpful, and promptly provided all the information requested.  She suggested that the Trust would raise any further questions I might have with the Board when they next met.

At this point I emailed her and asked about directors' shareholding and the impediments to a Trust seat on the Board.  What I don't know is whether those questions were put to the Board, but  I'm sure that it was a genuine offer from Pauline Graham.

Edited by eljaggo

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree with this. A number of things will need to be discussed at the end of this season. Lets hope one of them isn't  how will we survive relegation to league 1.

It shouldn't be AJ as this season we have a better budget than most other teams RC and DU excepted. That might not be the case next season if we are still in the same league. If we go down, with the right manager we should be in a better position than all of the other teams. You'll remember what it was like trying to get out of the 3rd tier as the biggest club in the league. It's very hard cos EVERYONE wants to pump you and seemed to try harder.

P.S. apologies for the spelling mistakes on last post. New phone and predictive text for the first time! Technology seems to have passed me by

30 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

In an earlier post I mentioned that I had received no reply from an email to Pauline Graham that I sent on th 20th January.  I should elaborate.

Pauline and I exchanged a number of emails that covered the Trust's constitution and the subject of Trust/fans representation on the Board.  She was extremely helpful, and promptly provided all the information requested.  She suggested that the Trust would raise any further questions I might have with the Board when they next met.

At this point I emailed her and asked about directors' shareholding and the impediments to a Trust seat on the Board.  What I don't know is whether those questions were put to the Board, but  I'm sure that it was a genuine offer from Pauline Graham.

Thanks eljaggo, that suggests that at least she is trying. Not many of us will know what goes on behind the scenes unless we were working within. Sounds like she is doing her best to assist.

10 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree with this. A number of things will need to be discussed at the end of this season. Lets hope one of them isn't  how will we survive relegation to league 1.

If that is the discussion, let’s hope it’s different people having that discussion. 

• 1 month later...

I think "caldwells massive 7 days" replaced this thread but this is more suited to this thread.

Although I can't find it in this thread, I seem to remember a period where we were suggesting names as a replacement for Caldwell. I think we have all got our heads round supporting the team and club and even this manager until the season ends but feel the need to share this. AND apologise for crass stupidity!!!

I suggested Billy Davis was out of work and had heard through a mutual friend that he would be up for any opportunity. I'd be first to admit his managerial career was superb for a long period but had heard little if him since leaving Forrest. I never knew the details of why he left NFFC, until now. Not good reading but I would now like to distance myself from that previous post......

Louise Taylor of The Guardian pointed to Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.[32] The Daily Telegraph's John Percy, who was one of a number of reporters who were "accused of being in league with his former employers" for questioning decisions Davies made, said that Davies was "destined for failure" because he was "obsessed" with conspiracies and hidden agendas. He pointed to the "huge funds" Davies was given to get Forest promoted and suggested that he "could have got away with" the "unsavoury" behaviour, had Forest been winning.[33] John Payne of The Metro said that Davies owed the Forest fans an apology for his behaviour after failing to acknowledge them at the end of the defeat to Derby and "insulted fans' intelligence" by refusing to answer straight questions on the rare occasion he gave press interviews.

possibly not what we'd be looking for??

No problem with giving due respect to Gary for that one.

Was in a pub in Brussels that night with one half of it showing England, who I think drew that night, and the other half - the one nearest the door - showing Scotland. Both sides of the pub were rammed. 

Us Scotland fans went mental, naturellement, and partied like there was no Monday morning after the goal and after the game.

An English colleague told me on the Monday morning that a number of the England fans couldn't face walking past our celebrations on their way to the exit, and continued drinking long past their sell by hour just to avoid leaving past the happy rabble.

Thank you Gary Caldwell for that one, and Happy Birthday to you.

Now get your arse in gear to deliver three points tomorrow please!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Would be an excellent appointment for Maxwell. After all we know Maxwell likes managerial clowns.

But harsh, he did preside over several joyous years. 

Caldwell for Scotland? Sounds as incredulous now as it did when he got his first cap playing:shok: