Caldwell

Jagsman

13 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Green Citizen was the better one. Loved that huge size of a paper and the reports were excellent. The pink times was ok.

I bought both pink and green papers after our league cup winning game. Kept them until 1982 when I got married. Also had the paper from the first moon landing.

11 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I bought both pink and green papers after our league cup winning game. Kept them until 1982 when I got married. Also had the paper from the first moon landing.

Did you also have the paper announcing Queen Victoria’s wedding?! ;)

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

At least the League Cup won actually happened

Our last trip to Florida, we went to Kennedy space center. One of the exhibits is 'moon rock', which you can touch. Of course we all touched it. We either touched moon rock, or somebody will be having a good laugh at everybody touching rock from earth.

Edited by Auld Jag

Bit late to this party, so.......

First game August 1966 at Firhill v Clyde 0-1. Joe Gilroy scored in the first minute. My eternal 'dislike' of Clyde is rooted right there for all to see.

First goal witnessed was Tommy Rae two weeks later v Aberdeen 1-2. A cracking four yard sclaff following an Arthur Montford stramash.

First win was against Hibs some weeks later.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:28 PM, Winter of '63 said:

Official Handbook gives a crowd of 8,743 for the 4-0 win against East Fife in January 1970 - this was effectively the title decider in the old Second Division with a Jimmy Bone hat-trick.

Biggest crowd of that season was 8,851 against Arbroath in April in the game that clinched promotion.

Remarkable crowds when there would be relatively few away fans...in contrast to the bigger attendances in recent years in games against Morton and Dundee United when the opposition brought about 3,000...it shows a substantial drop in Thistle's core support.

I may be misremembering this but, in that game did Denis McQuade not score what was probably the second most flamboyant goal ever (after Dan McLinden's famous one - 'Dan's Dazzler' © Sunday Mail)? Did he not, let fly something like a 35yarder shooting into the 'Garscube Road End'?

In Denis's defence, he was probably attempting a short crossfield pass!

It also occurs to me that we must have come close to setting a (old) Second Division record in the high number of gaols scored and low number of games lost.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, Auld Jag said:

So did I! We obviously knew we wouldn't have much to celebrate down the years, so we made hay!

Two Headlines from the game: 'Sizzling Thistle Roast Celts'; and 'Partick's Lions Roar to Glory (you can tell that was an English 'paper, calling us 'Partick').