Falkirk vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

Sneddon

Elliot Keown McGinty Melbourne

Slater  McCarthy

Fitzpatrick  Bannigan  Penrice

Quitongo

My starting 11 , however not sure if Aidan is on Scotland duty so if so would look like Spittal.  Really think Banzo further forward and getting into box and Penrice in midfield would be a positive approach.

5 hours ago, elevenone said:

Sneddon

Elliot Keown McGinty Melbourne

Slater  McCarthy

Fitzpatrick  Bannigan  Penrice

Quitongo

My starting 11 , however not sure if Aidan is on Scotland duty so if so would look like Spittal.  Really think Banzo further forward and getting into box and Penrice in midfield would be a positive approach.

Do we need two holding midfield players playing against the bottom of the league? and having watched Quitongo against Morton it’s easy to come to the conclusion he can’t play a lone strikers role 

11 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Do we need two holding midfield players playing against the bottom of the league? and having watched Quitongo against Morton it’s easy to come to the conclusion he can’t play a lone strikers role 

Agreed. Having 2 holding midfielders and playing solo up front is what has got us into the mess we are in.

2 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

They are garbage.

if our players are any good we should win. Attack!

If not, let’s accept relegation and look forward to great days out. And abandon PTFC for this year.

Even if we do lose we should not accept relegation.After supporting Thistle for 55 years I am not going to abandon them now. No matter how bad we get.:fan:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Big Col said:

Agreed. Having 2 holding midfielders and playing solo up front is what has got us into the mess we are in.

Fair enough, was just keen to get Penrice and Banzo further forward but could still do that without 2 holding midfielders.  Didn’t know red cards counted for next game suspension if dished out in the reserves so Penrice will be in defence I’d imagine.

Nervy game ahead and would take any form of scrappy deflected goal to hopefully kick start the season, break the losing run and get a much needed away league win.  :fan:

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Even if we do lose we should not accept relegation.After supporting Thistle for 55 years I am not going to abandon them now. No matter how bad we get.:fan:

OK you are of course correct. I wouldn’t abandon either.

It was just an impassioned plea for a victory!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I have no faith in our ability to score or keep a clean sheet, especially away from home. I think the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw

44 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

That sums up nicely how rank we are. A draw would be a major achievement!

Couldn't agree more. I think we could play Billy the Fish in goal and still struggle to get a 0-0

13 hours ago, Big Col said:

The reason we've played two holding midfielders is because we've not got one capable of playing there on his own. That dates back to Osman (16-17). We've played two up on numerous occasions and I don't believe we've had better results from doing so.

Tbh we're probably in agreement just coming to conclusions from a different viewpoint. I don't think whatever formation we play is that crucial, more the inability to attack as a unit at fault. (Btw we do defend as a unit, albeit deplorably far too often). In attack we rarely get midfielders past the striker(s) and all too often attacks breakdown by either bad judgment or no one in a better position to pass to.