Falkirk vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

48 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

Storey has managed 3 Goals in about 50 appearances. I mentioned this is a recent Match Thread but can anyone remember any goal where he has had an assist?  I genuinely can't think of a single one. 

Jack Storer's screamer v Morton. That's if you view getting subbed for Storer as an assist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

I do remember one when we raced to a 3 goal lead against Motherwell last season. But yeah that's about it.

Storey,Sammon and Edwards ran the Motherwell defence ragged in the first 40 minutes of that game. Didn't do it anywhere enough last season and so far we haven't done it this season.

20 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Early in his Thistle career Miles Storey scored a tremendous solo goal against St Johnstone (who generally have a reputation for being mean and effective defenders). He outpaced the wide defenders and ran into the penalty box, at the angle, homing in on the goal and produced a perfectly directed finish, keeping his shot low and hard.  He has never come remotely near doing the same again in the past year. 

Admittedly he can beat one or two defenders, sometimes using some neat tricks to accomplish this, but then either he goes wide and is crowded out or is forced to pass the ball back or attempts an ineffectual cross, hitting the first defender or curling out of play, or he crabs across the pitch, resulting in a shot from distance, almost invariably high and wide or at best a pass to a holding midfielder or opposite wing player generally in a static position. He hardly ever attacks the box. Even if he cannot shoot and score, he might at least win a penalty.

Could some sort of hypnosis using film of that goal v St Johnstone be employed to re-educate his deep memory system and somehow embed the ability to reproduce this on a regular basis? JagZone highlights could be put to good use!

That was a great goal.Thought/hoped it would give him confidence. How did Hughes get him to score double figures for ICT in a season? 

3 hours ago, Mad Mull Jag said:

I would move spittal out there as he can deliver a ball, not got the pace of storey but more liable to get the balls into the box.

Fitzpatrick is the back up option or the one to bring on.

3 hours ago, Mad Mull Jag said:

I would move spittal out there as he can deliver a ball, not got the pace of storey but more liable to get the balls into the box.

Fitzpatrick is the back up option or the one to bring on.

This is the easy option, conservative, negative thinking that has placed us 2nd bottom of the diddy league.

Even the fans think like this now.

Spittal’s been almost as bad as Storey. He has hardly beaten a man either.

Either Fitzpatrick starts or the must change formation and start With Erskine.

25 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

This is the easy option, conservative, negative thinking that has placed us 2nd bottom of the diddy league.

Even the fans think like this now.

Either Fitzpatrick starts or the must change formation and start With Erskine.

Spittal has been better than Storey , he can deliver balls into the box. 

Why not take an easy options it doesn't have to be the hard option all the time. 

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

Spittal has been nowhere remotely near as bad as Storey. He's also mainly been played centrally so hardly likely to be beating a man that often. And just for the record I think Spittal has been mainly disappointing so far this season.

7 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

although I don't think it would affected the score, but anybody else notice that the referee and assists both had yellow shirts on, also the Falkirk goalie's jersey  was nearly the same as the outfield players.

Thought that I was the only one who spotted this........As far as I know 75% of guys are colour blind.............

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

No you’re right , but I’m sure you were at the game and probably thought as I did it was the poorest Falkirk team I’ve seen for a long time .

Agree, a very poor side indeed. But Falkirk had just come off an away win at East End Pk, a ground where we had been beaten there by the same margin. So if you follow that line of form we actually created an  upset last week by getting a draw. No idea the point I'm not really making save that the bookies aren't daft.

Is the point being made that we started the season p1sh under archiebald and are currently still p1sh under the new guy caldwell, in a p1sh league that our promotion winning team and our team for the first 3 seasons promoted would p1sh all over and be runing away with the league?

Way too much p1sh in this post!