Falkirk vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

Falkirk may have won on Saturday past, but they had 3 shots on goal and scored with one of them. They have got harder to beat of late, but I don't think we ought to be scared of them at all, regardless of that result - we have seen Dunfermline and know how poor they are too!  I also think falkirks previous good result - draw - they were similarly absorbing pressure and not creating much themselves from the stats.

So unless there is some Alloa type result where we cannot score and they nick one, I think we should be expecting to win this, regardless of our form (which has to change sometime).

Of course the other thing we need to factor in is the pitch. Our most recent performances on plastic pitches have been poor - East Fife and Alloa.

Final piece of context - two of Falkirks better players are out for next Saturday.

I am going for a very very nervy 2-1 Jags win and some posters proclaiming this as evidence of the amazing work being done by Gary Caldwell.

Edited by jaf

"Not hopeful" seems to be my favourite response when asked about up coming games this season

Avoid defeat and keeping a clean sheet should be the priority.

I remember pumping killie 2-5 on their sh1tty pitch so no excuses, mon the jags

We don't play well away from home (understatement) and we look even shakier on plastic. I'm told (and it certainly looks the case) that this is one of the better surfaces. It's also not a narrow pitch unlike our last two away games and besides Falkirk can't win on it, So I'm not looking for any excuses. 

No doubting Caldwell got the right reaction out of the players after Cappielow. Maybe his motivation skills, an unknown quality, are good. Will need to be as it's one thing getting a reaction out the team after a humiliating result. Different thing entirely re-motivating players after they worked hard and done what was asked of them.  If they play the way they did on Saturday with more cohesion in attack then we should win. It's shattered confidence that concerns me most.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Hoping for a Thistle win of any sort as we desperately need points. Don't care a bean about what sort of performance it is as long as we don't lose.

However as Falkirk have figured out how to defend and we haven't I would guess that a 2-0 win for them is the more likely outcome.

3 hours ago, jaf said:

Falkirk may have won on Saturday past, but they had 3 shots on goal and scored with one of them. They have got harder to beat of late, but I don't think we ought to be scared of them at all, regardless of that result - we have seen Dunfermline and know how poor they are too!

I'm not scared of Falkirk, I'm scared of us. 

2 hours ago, Ancipital said:

When was the last time a Thistle first team and Scotland played on the same day? 

Edit : Scotland football team before any smart arse points out the rugby team played on Saturday. 

Don't know if it was the last time, but I remember us playing Gretna at Firhill (3-3 comeback game) the same day as Scotland played the USA at Hampden.

This was 13 years ago this very day.

Edited by redandyellowallover
Date Added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

Don't know if it was the last time, but I remember us playing Gretna at Firhill (3-3 comeback game) the same day as Scotland played the USA at Hampden.

This was 13 years ago this very day.

I've remembered a more recent one, Thistle lost 3-1 at Dunfermline at the same time Scotland were losing 3-0 to Wales in Burley's last game, I was at the Scotland game that day but the Thistle one when we played Gretna.

• Like 1