Rocksport Archie's interview

kevin energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9DgrzlFHDg

Fast forward to nearly 20 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arn45vCbMao

Gerry Collins Interview, they talk to Darren Dodds the former Bechin City Manager then Gerry Collins starts to tell alot of what he used to do at Firhill and his views on Archie  and the current team, very interesting what are everybodys views after hearing all of this.

Fast Forward to 1 hour 3 mins

Really interesting. Archie admitting that not only was recruitment late following relegation, but also not as good as it should have been (understatement!). Also acknowledges his over-reliance on waiting for injured players to get back.

Oh, and two good interviewers.... Hmm, they claim to have inside knowledge that PTFC is not a happy place to be at the moment, and apparently not just in terms of current league position. Intriguing.

Edited by Jaggernaut

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Really interesting. Archie admitting that not only was recruitment late following relegation, but also not as good as it should have been (understatement!). Also acknowledges his over-reliance on waiting for injured players to get back.

Oh, and two good interviewers.... Hmm, they claim to have inside knowledge that PTFC is not a happy place to be at the moment, and apparently not just in terms of current league position. Intriguing.

Thought it was a good interview and Alan Archibald came across really well and was quite reflective on losing his job and the mistakes that had been made in hindsight.

Didn’t really agree with Davie Mckinnons view that the directors had pushed the button too early , the team had got relegated and there was a negativity around the Club so something had to change.  Not sure the BOD have picked the right manager to re- establish ourselves, think we’ll find out in the next few weeks if that’s the case .

I think there's a lot of nonsense being talked in these interviews. I was always a big supporter of Archie and everything he did for the club, but to suggest that he was sacked too early sounds pretty ridiculous, even to me. Even Archie sounds like he acknowledges that his time had come. Okay, we'd maybe be better off now if he'd stayed; but if so then it's only a very poor reflection of the start that our new manager has made.

In that context, I'd take a lot of the other stuff regarding the state of the club with a pinch of salt too. But who knows. Not me.

Edited by allyo

9 hours ago, kevin energy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9DgrzlFHDg

Fast forward to nearly 20 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arn45vCbMao

Gerry Collins Interview, they talk to Darren Dodds the former Bechin City Manager then Gerry Collins starts to tell alot of what he used to do at Firhill and his views on Archie  and the current team, very interesting what are everybodys views after hearing all of this.

Fast Forward to 1 hour 3 mins

I disagree with just about everything said in the clips.

Alan Archibald’s recruitment is described as great. It wasn’t. The best players during his management were all signed by someone else. 

’Budget’ is repeatedly given as an excuse on Archibald’s behalf, without any actual figures or comparisons provided. If we were able to see specific figures which proved that Alan Archibald’s playing budgets were less than those of our competitors then it may well be a valid excuse for failings on the pitch. However, we have previously seen some numbers to the contrary, if I’m not mistaken?

And some tedious ‘soft spot’ and ‘second team’ fluff by someone who probably hasn’t been at Firhill in the last 5 years.

Then some vague nonsense from Collins and presenter about ‘community’ and ‘family’.  The club is more likely to succeed if those who are not performing to the highest standard they can achieve are moved on. If the Weirs are doing that then I think we should be supportive of it.

Edited by milhouse

4 hours ago, kevin energy said:

Does he Actually go to our games,? I get the feeling if he goes to games it would be Celtic Park 

I saw him recently as well, Ayr or Ross game.

I think it's likely that most who left did it partly due to him taking over, but I'm pretty certain they all left for more money which he alluded to, although he did sign a load of duds (sound familiar?) The 2 that left for Motherwell really stuck in my throat at the time as they'd been in administration only a year before and many ex-players and staff lost their jobs and probably money as well. This on top of them being saved from promotion due to Falkirk not having a compliant stadium and not being allowed to ground-share.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Archie admitting that not only was recruitment late following relegation, but also not as good as it should have been (understatement!). Also acknowledges his over-reliance on waiting for injured players to get back.

In other news a bear admits he did a sh1t in the woods and the Pope acknowledges his faith.

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

I think it's likely that most who left did it partly due to him taking over, but I'm pretty certain they all left for more money which he alluded to, although he did sign a load of duds (sound familiar?) The 2 that left for Motherwell really stuck in my throat at the time as they'd been in administration only a year before and many ex-players and staff lost their jobs and probably money as well. This on top of them being saved from promotion due to Falkirk not having a compliant stadium and not being allowed to ground-share.

This is all completely true.  

However gotta be said tho' the players that left had been on ridiculously short contracts. Chances are that Hardie, Burns & Craigan, maybe even Archie, would've remained had their contracts not expired. To that extent Collins was dealt a dodgy hand. Of course it can't be denied that even if Collins had a stronger squad he'd have struggled to get the best out of players who didn't want to play for him. 

jaggy mentions the Motherwell connection. He's spot on but little if nothing has been said about Livingston who were just about to go into administration. They'd effectively gazumped us re Derek Lilley who scored for fun that season. Rewriting history it's hard to imagine us surviving that season tho' at the same time it's just as hard to imagine, even with a non manager, we'd not have close to hinging on. 

11 hours ago, jaggy said:

I saw him recently as well, Ayr or Ross game.

That was aberdeen not motherwell, but good point well made

8 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Good points regards Jackie Low, i have no confidence in her at all!

Just like with the manager it's too soon to judge but the signs are not good. 

It took us a long time to recover from Lambie leaving and Collins taking over. It seemed at the time the natural thing to happen and it was on Lambies recommendation he got the job but i remember a lot of us predicted the outcome and the signs were also there when britton and whyte got the gig. Took a long time for us to recover and many changes in the board room untill we got it right with ian mccall being appointed.

These are the signs i mentioned before i'm seeing in the caldwell appointment.

Hope i'm wrong.

On the gerry collins thread, he's as mad mental as the come from possil. Clearly everyone knows he"s a cellik fan who "likes" the jags, his second team..........just like Charnley, Britton.............

There was an interesting interview with Brian Kerr on Jagzone and one of the changes made in training is that the amount of time spent on the training pitch has actually been reduced but it is higher intensity. He said when they came in they felt training was too long and slow paced which may explain the slow build up play we saw last season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

There was an interesting interview with Brian Kerr on Jagzone and one of the changes made in training is that the amount of time spent on the training pitch has actually been reduced but it is higher intensity. He said when they came in they felt training was too long and slow paced which may explain the slow build up play we saw last season.

Interesting that I heard from 2 different family members of players that since Caldwell and Kerr came in their has been far more input in getting the players onto fitness diets as well compared to the previous 18 months- I’ve no reason to doubt the sources but thought this would have been something any sports dieticians or sports scientists would have monitored far more