Rocksport Archie's interview

kevin energy

3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

There was an interesting interview with Brian Kerr on Jagzone and one of the changes made in training is that the amount of time spent on the training pitch has actually been reduced but it is higher intensity. He said when they came in they felt training was too long and slow paced which may explain the slow build up play we saw last season.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Interesting that I heard from 2 different family members of players that since Caldwell and Kerr came in their has been far more input in getting the players onto fitness diets as well compared to the previous 18 months- I’ve no reason to doubt the sources but thought this would have been something any sports dieticians or sports scientists would have monitored far more

We need to see these changes making a difference in results soon .

It's time we got back to basics.  Re-introduce the training regime from yesteryear when players trained on fish suppers, pies and pints of heavy, finished their day jobs, ran a million miles round the track at Firhill two nights a week, were re-introduced to the ball on a Saturday, reached 3 League Cup finals and  several Glasgow Cup finals and generally managed to finish in the top half of an eighteen or twenty team league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

It's time we got back to basics.  Re-introduce the training regime from yesteryear when players trained on fish suppers, pies and pints of heavy, finished their day jobs, ran a million miles round the track at Firhill two nights a week, were re-introduced to the ball on a Saturday, reached 3 League Cup finals and  several Glasgow Cup finals and generally managed to finish in the top half of an eighteen or twenty team league.

Too sensible for this forum.

2 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Aye, then convince every other team in the country. So we're not at a disadvantage.

• Like 1

Some team building over the weekend:

A great visit to A Coy at Garelochhead this w/e. They ran a superb leadership & team building event for Partick Thistle FC @PartickThistle & delivered a first rate Team Med cadre for their paratroopers. Core military skills that enhance utility/performance for civilian employers.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A great visit to A Coy at Garelochhead this w/e. They ran a superb leadership & team building event for Partick Thistle FC @PartickThistle & delivered a first rate Team Med cadre for their paratroopers. Core military skills that enhance utility/performance for civilian employers.

Hope we didn't let anybody jump out the plane without a parachute.:whistling:

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:35 AM, kevin energy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9DgrzlFHDg

Fast forward to nearly 20 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arn45vCbMao

Gerry Collins Interview, they talk to Darren Dodds the former Bechin City Manager then Gerry Collins starts to tell alot of what he used to do at Firhill and his views on Archie  and the current team, very interesting what are everybodys views after hearing all of this.

Fast Forward to 1 hour 3 mins

Thanks Kevin for posting this. Gerry Collins why did we let him leave. He says he got a number of players for Thistle quite cheap and we then sold them for a vast profit. He also says he can watch a team, see their problems and scout players who would be able to turn that team around. He also talks about a player Lindau who he said was Danish. Somebody should tell him he was from Sweden. He bemoans the fact that he was not given a couple of more games as our manager as he feels he would have been able to turn things around. I think his record of 3 draws, 12 defeats from 15 league games said he would not be able to turn it around. The patronising way we were constantly told that Thistle are everyone's  second club team really got on my wick. Thistle are my first and only club team. The anchor man( I think that's the right description) also mentioned a few times his Grandfather played for us and that is why we were his second team. They also emphasised how nice a person Archibald is and we have made a big mistake sacking him. But the anchor guy has made getting Archibald another managerial job his next project. As his last project was to get Jim Duffy back into football and he is now at Dumbarton, he feels he can do the same for ex manager. I had never heard of this show before but imo it is a poor mans Peter and Roughie.

• Like 1

Gerry Collins is a smelly Tim.

Archie is a nice person, for sure, but the big mistake with him was that has sacking didn't happen after the 0-2 v Kilmarnock, or the 1-5 v Kilmarnock, or the 1-2 v Dundee, or the 1-2 v Hamilton or the 0-4 v Ross County............................

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Will this improve our wing play? This is what we used the parachute payment for.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Jeez! I had no idea whatsoever this is what was meant when it's said, the relegated club will receive a parachute payment.

eta Out for six weeks?. https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article13645152.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/1_PDP_SDR_241118_para_070JPG.jpg

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I hope they got some shooting practice

5 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Not sure what that was all about , photo opportunity for the Daily Record ? surely the players can get fit on the training pitch ? , would be better off doing drills for the defence and getting everybody organised.

Have seen this before but usually at pre season , I’m sure this sort of nonsense will endear the players to Gary Caldwell , not 

Bizarre 

It is rumored that Miles Storey has been arrested following the club's training camp with 4 Para.

The allegation is that Miles stole 2 automatic assault rifles, fully loaded,  from their armoury and headed to a local pub which was packed with tourists. On entering the pub he proceeded to fire randomly into the crowd, not stopping until both magazines were empty.

Nobody was hurt in the incident.

• Haha 5