QOS away 1/12/18

Auld Jag

12 minutes ago, allyo said:

To be honest I've not been to a game for a while, but is this really not just wishful thinking? Early season I thought we were looking like a poor mid table championship team. Now,  based on results, we're looking a good bet for relegation

Agree, results are shite, but I think Caldwell and Kerr are close in building a decent side. It's fecking painful to watch, but for me the team since Caldwell has arrived is undoubtedly fitter and better organised. A bit of money in January for the final third positions and I believe things will get better. It pains me to say it but Archie should have gone after the relegation and not been given funds to buy players who really haven't done the job. Like all of us, this hurts and there's no getting away from how shite the last year and a half has been.

1 minute ago, westertonjagfan said:

Agree, results are shite, but I think Caldwell and Kerr are close in building a decent side. It's fecking painful to watch, but for me the team since Caldwell has arrived is undoubtedly fitter and better organised. A bit of money in January for the final third positions and I believe things will get better. It pains me to say it but Archie should have gone after the relegation and not been given funds to buy players who really haven't done the job. Like all of us, this hurts and there's no getting away from how shite the last year and a half has been.

Fair enough. I admire your positivity. Hope you're right

Let’s be honest , if the board thought Caldwell would take just 1 point out of 21 they would have thrown him out the door. Now they will feel they are stuck with him and have to give him the January window. He may yet turn things around but his record so far must be setting off alarm bells in the boardroom to the extent they must privately be thinking the unthinkable...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I can’t comment on today as I wasn’t there , but I’m interested in where you see the progress is being made 

Is at the attacking flair he has introduced with a different style of play and we’re creating lots of chances and scoring lots of goals ?

Is it a watertight defence which doesn’t concede goals .

Is it changing the team about possibly bringing in the younger players with enthusiasm and good energy and pace ( McCarthy and Fitzpatrick come to mind )

On top of that we do a ridiculous PR exercise involving Paratroopers and the SAS and are now getting ripped on the radio.

I believe the Board has made a huge mistake in appointing Gary Caldwell and his record of 1 point out of 18 is beyond belief, if I was on the board I wouldn’t trust him to spend the Clubs money in January.

What Paukea says below. Sums up my thoughts on this.

Archibald was sacked with more than enough time to turn things around, with the team outside of the relegation zone, in mid table. There is also a transfer window coming up, amd I genuinely believe the squad to be better thsn this and capable of mid table as it is (having the two best summer signings out injured isn’t helping of course). If we do go down, one man will be to blame, and that will be Csldwell. Still, there’s plenty of time snd a transfer window to sort it out

• Like 1

It’s all well and good saying we’ll get rid of the duds in January, but

1. Who else would have them?

2. We’d need to pay up their contracts and we don’t have the money

3. Is anything better going to be available in January?

We’re deep in the shit and it’s all well sayings that improvements are being made, but we’re bottom of the table and not getting results. 

2 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Let’s be honest , if the board thought Caldwell would take just 1 point out of 21 they would have thrown him out the door. Now they will feel they are stuck with him and have to give him the January window. He may yet turn things around but his record so far must be setting off alarm bells in the boardroom to the extent they must privately be thinking the unthinkable...

Can't argue with that.

12 minutes ago, Paukea said:

is Caldwell the right man? the Jury is still out but you cannot judge him on somebody else’s team and I genuinely don’t think any manager could do better with this crop of crap.

Alan Archibald won 3 games out of 8 with this crop of crap. That's not a defence of Archie, I accept he had to go. But I don't think there are any excuses for Caldwell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paukea said:

The team Archie has kept/formed is a complete shambles.. That falls completely at the feet of the board for keeping him way past his time and allowing him to do the rebuild for this season.

is Caldwell the right man? the Jury is still out but you cannot judge him on somebody else’s team and I genuinely don’t think any manager could do better with this crop of crap..they couldn’t finish their dinner

elliot, spitball, erskine, Doolan and Storey need to go as their time is up...They have went stale just like Archie

Mutumbo and Quitongo haven’t really been given enough chances in my opinion but certainly haven’t showed enough from what we have seen

Craig Slater is the only plus point this season

i feel the defence is slowly getting better but middle to front is chronic and if you don’t score goals you don’t win games it’s as simple as that

Why can’t you judge Gary Caldwell, the whole idea of a manager at our level is to come in and improve players , we need to get a reality check, in the January window there won’t be any players bought for money , it’ll be untried players, players without Clubs or Loan Players 

Stevie Clarke took over at Kilmarnock, same players as Lee McCullough and their progress is there for all to see and at higher level Brendan Rodgers has done the same at Celtic.

When Caldwell did his interview, he seemingly had a portfolio of all the players and their strengths and weaknesses and where improvements could be made , so far this appointment has been an absolute disaster .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’ve scored just 4 goals in the last 9 games!

Bottom of the league fully merited and a team in decline for the last 18 months with only slight improvement in recent games but insufficient to stop the rot. Confidence will have again been hit today and the next two games at Firhill will be real pressure pots for a team that is clearly fragile and lacking any conviction.

12 minutes ago, Big Col said:

It’s all well and good saying we’ll get rid of the duds in January, but

1. Who else would have them?

2. We’d need to pay up their contracts and we don’t have the money

3. Is anything better going to be available in January?

We’re deep in the shit and it’s all well sayings that improvements are being made, but we’re bottom of the table and not getting results. 

Thats going to be a problem. Most of these lads are done as full-time footballers and headed for the real world come June, and most will no doubt dig their heels in, in that regard. 

22 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Why can’t you judge Gary Caldwell, the whole idea of a manager at our level is to come in and improve players , we need to get a reality check, in the January window there won’t be any players bought for money , it’ll be untried players, players without Clubs or Loan Players 

Stevie Clarke took over at Kilmarnock, same players as Lee McCullough and their progress is there for all to see and at higher level Brendan Rodgers has done the same at Celtic.

When Caldwell did his interview, he seemingly had a portfolio of all the players and their strengths and weaknesses and where improvements could be made , so far this appointment has been an absolute disaster .

Spot on. Give him the next two home games - target 4 from 6 points or out the door.

Edited by Z88
  • Like 1

Thought we were massively improved today and very unlucky to lose. We looked the fitter and stronger team and had two cleared off the line. Even after QOS scored we pressed them. Should of had a penalty at the end. We played well for 90 mins. Problem position is still Eliott he just doesn’t offer enough going forward. Doolan wasnt invoved enough either. No failures today. I feel more positive than at any time recently. 

• Like 1

I can only admire people who can stay positive after picking up 1 point in 9 games. I gave up on that shower of wasters months ago - bad enough to contemplate bringing back The Bunnet. Note both him & McCall top of their respective leagues with 69 goals between them already.

Edited by One t in Scotland

3 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

If Caldwell had been appointed after the Livi games and been allowed to bring his own players in, we might not be in this position. I've seen enough progress in six weeks of Caldwell and Kerr to give me hope. Gutted at today.

Is this not the same argument as last season. It will be ok when the injured players are back ?