Paratroopers training squad

TartanC4

Reading that Caldwell has taken the squad to a training session with the paratroopers to improve fitness.  It's hardly rewriting the coaching manual, surely struggling for ideas. Running with backpacks, helmet etc. Yeah I'm sure we'll win our next game... https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/gallery/partick-thistle-stars-put-through-13645073

Or a break from the norm ? As ex forces I have took a few of theses civi (civilian) courses. The point is to break down the quiet guys ( who can usually do better on a course as sometimes they are more focused to win as they THINK they are not part of the team) anyway...nothing makes you feel like your part of the team than "the guy" you dont kinda talk to in the dressing room pulls you out of a swamp by your ears ( or vice verca) thats a story you share, you bond, you look after each other......enough said me thinks.

ps...All squaddies will know the first time we put cammo on we all looked like fuds x

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

Reading that Caldwell has taken the squad to a training session with the paratroopers to improve fitness.  It's hardly rewriting the coaching manual, surely struggling for ideas. Running with backpacks, helmet etc. Yeah I'm sure we'll win our next game... https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/gallery/partick-thistle-stars-put-through-13645073

I’d rather they were put through some hard fitness training than the club spend thousands taken them to Spain for a week where judging by fitness and results when they came back it looked like there was more emphasis on them having a holiday than doing training 

• Like 2

As it was only for a couple of days it would be more of a team-building exercise than for fitness.

I wonder if 4 Para are anywhere as near as crazy as their predecessors in 15 Para. Back in the cold-war days they flew over to Germany to take part in an exercise. We were warned not to engage them as they had a reputation for taking things too seriously. The rumours were that they had destroyed a chieftain tank. :white_flag:

See the Record managed to caption us as "Patrick" Thistle at one point and that Stuart "Brannigan" is one of our players!

Ah ,well if it was Celeriac playing in the east end of our city captained by Scott Bowen I suppose it would be headline news for three weeks.

We are small and should remember our place!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

Dools on   Sportscene to-night says the  training with the Paratroopers was fantastic and all the players enjoyed it. He also said that training under Gary was great

Did you expect him to say anything else ? , bit worrying the Paratroopers training became a photo opportunity for the Daily Record !

Edited by jlsarmy

Good wee interview with Dools on BBC Sportsound last night.  Sounded an interesting exercise.  SAS kidnapped them in the end when they thought it was finished! Hauled out a van. Ntambwe bolted and needed 4 SAS to haul him down!  I'd have filled my pants.

Out their comfort zone.  Communication.  Team work.  Like the sound of it.   Would like some of the Paras in the team but would prob get more bookings than Bannigan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Good wee interview with Dools on BBC Sportsound last night.  Sounded an interesting exercise.  SAS kidnapped them in the end when they thought it was finished! Hauled out a van. Ntambwe bolted and needed 4 SAS to haul him down!  I'd have filled my pants.

Out their comfort zone.  Communication.  Team work.  Like the sound of it.   Would like some of the Paras in the team but would prob get more bookings than Bannigan.

I thought Dools came across really well. Was in there alongside some experienced media geezers like Tom English, Steven Thompson and Willie Millar, but was very relaxed and humorous in that company. Made it all sound funny and surreal, but not totally ridiculous.

The BBC also played some memorable commentary clips of Dools scoring, the only downside being Chic Young pretending familiarity by calling him "Krissie". As Dools said, no one, not even his mother, has ever called him that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Sorry , read the story , PR stunt for me , for goodness sake we’re meant to be a professional football team with a team of sports scientists to measure the fitness of the team .

Would have been better to work on training drills that would come into play on Saturday .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Might have done us a favour if SAS had kept some of them.

• Like 1