Dundee Utd v Ayr

policemans whistle

Do they not have a bit of I dilemma here in that they can’t afford the ground improvements and seating to comply with the Premiership?  

Should we expect them to start shipping points in January or will they ‘invest money’ that they probably won’t see a return on from Scottish football?

Don’t know how I managed to make my own post look like a quote???

Edited by AlgarveJag

20 hours ago, scotty said:

Reading Ayr fans' postings on forums, sounds as though they're almost expecting the SPFL to change the rules for terracing.

I wouldn't wish on Ayr United the financial pressure that we underwent to comply with the 10,000 seat rule.

We need modern rules for the reality of Scottish football.  

Clubs need to be free to match their aspirations and realities to the extent that they believe they are capable of selling their own product.  I really don't like our 3 sided stadium but the JHS and JLS are more than capable of housing everyone that attends all non sectarian events so I'd rather spend money on improving the match day experience in those stands than spend any money on more empty seats.

I'm sure Ayr United could come up with a plan that they are happy with commercially to seat the number of fans that need to within a budget that allows them to operate without unnecessary financial risk.

I know I'm deluded but I long for a day when we can have Scottish Football for the real fans again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlgarveJag said:

I wouldn't wish on Ayr United the financial pressure that we underwent to comply with the 10,000 seat rule.

We need modern rules for the reality of Scottish football.  

Clubs need to be free to match their aspirations and realities to the extent that they believe they are capable of selling their own product.  I really don't like our 3 sided stadium but the JHS and JLS are more than capable of housing everyone that attends all non sectarian events so I'd rather spend money on improving the match day experience in those stands than spend any money on more empty seats.

I'm sure Ayr United could come up with a plan that they are happy with commercially to seat the number of fans that need to within a budget that allows them to operate without unnecessary financial risk.

I know I'm deluded but I long for a day when we can have Scottish Football for the real fans again.

There was a good atmosphere at our game vs Ayr at Somerset.

I hate those homogenised stadia like McDermid and Hamilton.

Of course there needed to be massive changes post Hillsborough but the authorities killed football at our level. Instead of ensuring proper crowd control over numbers per sq yd and improved exits they knee jerked into all seated all the way down to our level and below.

My dream for Firhill would be terracing re-introduced at the bing end where I introduced my sons to the Jags, aged 4. They had the freedom to run around. Or perhaps the old enclosure re-opened.

Let common sense prevail if Ayr are promoted. They deserve it. But could we please have our manager back?

• Like 1

Interesting dilemma Ayr are facing if promoted. The rule(ha!) used to be once you go all seated you can't return to terracing regardless of what division you're in. I suppose there's the "safe standing" alternative now but it would still be very sad to see Somerset turning into a mini McDiarmid. Ground sharing at soulless Rugby Pk would be an extremely unpopular alternative.

4 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

There was a good atmosphere at our game vs Ayr at Somerset.

I hate those homogenised stadia like McDermid and Hamilton.

Of course there needed to be massive changes post Hillsborough but the authorities killed football at our level. Instead of ensuring proper crowd control over numbers per sq yd and improved exits they knee jerked into all seated all the way down to our level and below.

My dream for Firhill would be terracing re-introduced at the bing end where I introduced my sons to the Jags, aged 4. They had the freedom to run around. Or perhaps the old enclosure re-opened.

Let common sense prevail if Ayr are promoted. They deserve it. But could we please have our manager back?

I think our problem lay with the SPL 10,000 seat rule, rather than the Hillsborough all seat requirement, that could have been met with a capacity to suit ourselves.  The 10,000 seat rule placed a huge finanacial strain on small clubs, as I suspect both cheeks calculated it would.

5 hours ago, Hankey said:

They can play at Somerset now in the Premier League without any issues.

Yes they can but as they've onlygot 1500 or so seats then that will be the capacity. I don't know what their season ticket numbers are but it could be only season ticket holders get in and no away fans.