Meet the Manager - Tuesday 6pm

avie-man

I'm going to head along to this. I think in his interviews with the press and jagzone he's ranged from vague to outright dishonest, so I want to see just how much thinking he's putting into this at the moment, especially on the player movement front in January. 

Will this be stage managed, a la North Korea style, or will real hard hitting questions like" Gary, did you lie in your interview process which enabled you to sucker the board into giving you the job?

And will our great CE the lawyer Britton be there to tell us that promotion is still the goal with the quality that has been brought in this season?

And will our esteemed chairman listen to your worries and concerns about where this great club is standing at the moment without throwing out her usual platitudes?

Should be a fun evening. Enjoy.

I doubt that he blatantly "lied" in his interview. I suspect he presented himself in the best possible light, and gave some pretty subjective reasoning as to why he was unsuccessful in his previous job. That's what people generally do in interviews. It's up to the interviewer to assess the credibility of this.

And then to ensure they don't go publicising it in defamatory club statements with absolutely no evidence.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Will this be stage managed, a la North Korea style, or will real hard hitting questions like" Gary, did you lie in your interview process which enabled you to sucker the board into giving you the job?

And will our great CE the lawyer Britton be there to tell us that promotion is still the goal with the quality that has been brought in this season?

And will our esteemed chairman listen to your worries and concerns about where this great club is standing at the moment without throwing out her usual platitudes?

Should be a fun evening. Enjoy.

Been to a fair few Meet the Manager Nights and Firhill Q & As etc. In my experience if the right questions are asked then the answers are very rarely ever shirked. I don't see why this evening should turn out to be any different. Your reference to "North Korea" and  a "stage managed" event are said no doubt tongue in cheek, but even questioning the veracity of the evening could be seen as a sideways swipe at those who intend to go along. That won't be your intention and I realise, given your location, you can't attend, but this gig tonight is open to all, even cynics and the less naive. 

Essentially it doesn't matter a jot what gets said. It's about results on the park now. Ironically he is being criticised for communicating whereas Archie was criticised for not saying much. Like referees managers can't win. 

Edited by dl1971
Typo

9 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Essentially it doesn't matter a jot what gets said. It's about results on the park now. Ironically he is being criticised for communicating whereas Archie was criticised for not saying much. Like referees managers can't win. 

Well, certainly it seems our managers can't win.