Reserve game

BalornockJag

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

At least they kept it under double figures.

We’re really becoming a joke club , 5 or 6 signed up reserve team players, who do the coaches coach ? , getting beat even at that level demolarises the Club and also the players involved. If we’re not going to take it seriously and do it properly then we should just put the finances into the first team squad and scrap the Academy and all the spin that goes with it .

Gerry Britton, Jaquie Lowe etc have made a total mess of our football club.

Worrying times 

Surely this game should've been postponed. This is the Reserve League not an Under 18s fixture. I'm assuming no older players were involved as they all were away Xmas partying. So who at the Club thinks it a good idea to let the youngsters face humiliation? Wasn't at the game today but Killie are up at the top of the reserve league so to compete we needed at least to field a couple of senior players (even Killie played  a couple today). 

As I understand it the whole ******* idea of changing from U20s to reserves was to keep the first team squad players ticking over. But no Keown, Mutombo, Brice. not even Callum Wilson.  Nope, not available, so to hell with it.  

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Surely this game should've been postponed. This is the Reserve League not an Under 18s fixture. I'm assuming no older players were involved as they all were away Xmas partying. So who at the Club thinks it a good idea to let the youngsters face humiliation? Wasn't at the game today but Killie are up at the top of the reserve league so to compete we needed at least to field a couple of senior players (even Killie played  a couple today). 

As I understand it the whole ******* idea of changing from U20s to reserves was to keep the first team squad players ticking over. But no Keown, Mutombo, Brice. not even Callum Wilson.  Nope, not available, so to hell with it.  

You’re absolutely right but not sure if the Players Xmas Party is a valid reason to postpone a game !!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

We’re really becoming a joke club , 5 or 6 signed up reserve team players, who do the coaches coach ? , getting beat even at that level demolarises the Club and also the players involved. If we’re not going to take it seriously and do it properly then we should just put the finances into the first team squad and scrap the Academy and all the spin that goes with it .

Gerry Britton, Jaquie Lowe etc have made a total mess of our football club.

Worrying times 

Ran out of likes. Just mirrors what i and a lot if others believe. 

8 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Superb emoji. You sure you're auld? I can barely put a post together never mind attaching "stuff"

I know as much about computers as Caldwell does about turning a struggling team around. The expert in our family was our late son Robert, who had a honours degree in computer games technology. I just went into the emoji column and there it was.

35 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I know as much about computers as Caldwell does about turning a struggling team around. The expert in our family was our late son Robert, who had a honours degree in computer games technology. I just went into the emoji column and there it was.

What's an emoji? :thinking:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, king of spain said:

Yeah was slightly annoyed watching videos of them pished after drawing 2-2 at home to alloa.

Come on, surely a players Xmas night out shouldn't go ahead ONLY in the event of winning the preceding game? The Hearts situation was somewhat different in that they were totally embarrassed and humiliated and it would've been plain wrong for the players to be seen to 'recover' from that in time to go partying. Thistle competed reasonably well in a game played in horrendous conditions and came away with a point. 

4 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

Come on, surely a players Xmas night out shouldn't go ahead ONLY in the event of winning the preceding game? The Hearts situation was somewhat different in that they were totally embarrassed and humiliated and it would've been plain wrong for the players to be seen to 'recover' from that in time to go partying. Thistle competed reasonably well in a game played in horrendous conditions and came away with a point. 

thanks for that Gary

btw just between you and me is there an opt out clause in your contract  :thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NotAFan said:

The fact you don’t find drawing at home to Alloa after leading twice embarrassing sums us up right now.

For clarity they should never have had a public night out.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

He must've been a very talented young man. 

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

He must've been a very talented young man. 

He was a very talented and a modest young man. He would have been surprised at the amount of people who turned up at his funeral and the amount of tributes that was done in his memory after he died. He never let his disability stand in his way of enjoying life. He did a lot to help others and he received campaigner of the year award 2014. There is a 12 page thread on this forum about him and if you google Robert Watson dmd pathfinders a tribute video and article from a local paper about him come up. There is a memorial plague in the JL stand and we have sponsored some players in his memory this season. The money for this was raised by Bowen Boy, who ran a last jag standing competition and there was also a collection at the Ross County  game 1/4/17 by Digger. My wife and I are very proud of him and we miss him every day.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

He was a very talented and a modest young man. He would have been surprised at the amount of people who turned up at his funeral and the amount of tributes that was done in his memory after he died. He never let his disability stand in his way of enjoying life. He did a lot to help others and he received campaigner of the year award 2014. There is a 12 page thread on this forum about him and if you google Robert Watson dmd pathfinders a tribute video and article from a local paper about him come up. There is a memorial plague in the JL stand and we have sponsored some players in his memory this season. The money for this was raised by Bowen Boy, who ran a last jag standing competition and there was also a collection at the Ross County  game 1/4/17 by Digger. My wife and I are very proud of him and we miss him every day.

I've been on the thread auld jag, inspiring read. Will check out the tribute video.

Horrid thing to go through as a parent , so hard to imagine what you both go through on a daily basis and i guess even worse at this time of year. What a lovely thing for bowden boy to do, i suspect the small acts of kindness are of some comfort. Kindest wishes to you both at a difficult time of the year and thank you for sharing. Puts some perspective to life.