Reserve game

BalornockJag

38 minutes ago, sandy said:

Robert was a gem, AJ. And the way the Jags fans offered their best wishes and contributed to his memory showed the best of our Club.

That for me is Thistle. League positions come and go but what remains is that sense of community.

Always loved it when a Thistle player scored at the John Lambie/North end after running in from the Main Stand side. Robert got a front row view and always seemed to be in the middle of the celebration. If I recall correctly, a Kris Doolan goal against Inverness was a particularly good example of that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I've been on the thread auld jag, inspiring read. Will check out the tribute video.

Horrid thing to go through as a parent , so hard to imagine what you both go through on a daily basis and i guess even worse at this time of year. What a lovely thing for bowden boy to do, i suspect the small acts of kindness are of some comfort. Kindest wishes to you both at a difficult time of the year and thank you for sharing. Puts some perspective to life.

Thanks for the kind words. I have had the pleasure of meeting Bowen Boys and his 2 sons , elevenone,Partickthe dog and his daughter, Sinistar and Sb1876 at Firhill. If you are in the JL stand it would be good to meet up with you and have a chat. I always stand behind the goal, just to the right of it at the concourse wall, where the memorial plague for Robert is.

8 hours ago, sandy said:

Robert was a gem, AJ. And the way the Jags fans offered their best wishes and contributed to his memory showed the best of our Club.

That for me is Thistle. League positions come and go but what remains is that sense of community.

Thanks Sandy. You are right about Thistle. Us fans can disagree about things on this forum, but when somebody needs support it is given. The club also did their bit by having a tribute for Robert in the match programme for Ross County game 1/4/17  and the applause in the 31st minute of that game.

7 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Always loved it when a Thistle player scored at the John Lambie/North end after running in from the Main Stand side. Robert got a front row view and always seemed to be in the middle of the celebration. If I recall correctly, a Kris Doolan goal against Inverness was a particularly good example of that.

Robert loved being in the North stand. The view was better than the position in the enclosure in front of the old stand we had to go to. And when we scored at that end he enjoyed being right in amongst the Thistle fans/players goal celebration.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:17 PM, Auld Jag said:

Thanks for the kind words. I have had the pleasure of meeting Bowen Boys and his 2 sons , elevenone,Partickthe dog and his daughter, Sinistar and Sb1876 at Firhill. If you are in the JL stand it would be good to meet up with you and have a chat. I always stand behind the goal, just to the right of it at the concourse wall, where the memorial plague for Robert is.

I'll come find you sir. I'll wear a white carnation. Best wishes over Christmas

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Did anyone go to the reserve game yesterday?

Just wondering how the new guys were plus Coulibaly, who is almost a new guy. I see he scored and Mansell missed a penalty.

I keep hearing Caldwell wants rid of Coulibaly but I doubt he would have played yesterday if this is the case.

8 minutes ago, Jag said:

Just wondering how the new guys were plus Coulibaly, who is almost a new guy. I see he scored and Mansell missed a penalty.

I keep hearing Caldwell wants rid of Coulibaly but I doubt he would have played yesterday if this is the case.

I would file that under ‘ the usual pish ‘till Caldwell actually says it 

18 minutes ago, Jag said:

Coulibaly played well, got up and down the park and finished his goal well. He held off two Celtic defenders after getting put through.  He had a few other chances in the box, got his shot off but got blocked. He looked desperate to make an impression.  He wanted to take the ball off Mansell for the pen but lost out! 

Mansell is big and quick but nothing much came off for him. Hard first game for him - see how he goes when he settles in. 

Calvin Miller was impressive for Celtic but Youssouf Mulumbu was a class above. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Coulibaly played well, got up and down the park and finished his goal well. He held off two Celtic defenders after getting put through.  He had a few other chances in the box, got his shot off but got blocked. He looked desperate to make an impression.  He wanted to take the ball off Mansell for the pen but lost out! 

Mansell is big and quick but nothing much came off for him. Hard first game for him - see how he goes when he settles in. 

Calvin Miller was impressive for Celtic but Youssouf Mulumbu was a class above. 

Thanks Alan. 

Mansell looked rather one footed and his good foot let him down badly at the penalty. Still it's his first competitive outing and too early to judge. I thought Roy looked the part. Energetic and takes up good positions.   Coulibaly played for far longer than I expected tho' he paced himself to do just that.  

The 1-4 score was about right (the penalty we missed was given away unnecessarily). That said it looked like the side was set up to accommodate Roy, Mansell & Coulibaly, so lacked a fair bit of balance.

Btw Sena looks like he's benefiting from his loan spell in the Juniors.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Still hoping coulibaly replaces Cardle at the weekend over storey regardless of how he played :no:

Think it more likely Harkins comes in and Fitzpatrick keeps his place.  Having Coulibaly & Harkins in the same starting eleven could be too much of gamble tho' I've really nothing to back up that assertion.

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think it more likely Harkins comes in and Fitzpatrick keeps his place.  Having Coulibaly & Harkins in the same starting eleven could be too much of gamble tho' I've really nothing to back up that assertion.

For some reason, reading your post made me realise for the first time that HARKINS is an anagram of KRISHNA.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:05 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think you’re probably right , can’t see Caldwell sticking with the same system as the last couple of games  which worries me a bit as I think we’ve got players who play better in an offensive set up .

We used to get the line-ups as part of reserve match reports in the programme - but not always recently.  In any case, no use if you don't buy a programme,  The line-ups used to be in the official site under the match hub for reserve matches - but not always (as for this latest fixture).  The line-ups have been appearing in the club's twitter account along with a sort of running commentary for some time now - but not in this latest case.  

• Like 1