Rumour, gossip or lies

I've thought long and hard about sharing this cos i can't test the verasity of it. The source is an ex player and current high level football agent. So it might be a load of tosh but i'm told it's talk all over the footballing community which is probably like most work places, full of cliques and gossips.

Can i also assure that i have no agenda other than being sick of getting humped every week, and not in a good way, boom boom.

Apparently our dressing room to a man and child are p1ssed with our new manager taking them to an sas school. Perhaps they should be as they have been gash for too long, though i still believe an ian mccall or robbie neilson would have reaped better from what's at the club. Seems, allegedly, gerry britton did not want to appoint caldwell but jaquie low pulled rank cos gary had provided a great presentation. So a footballing decision taken by a business person? Further suggested things at board level are strained which won't be helping what's going on with the team. 

Lastly, alleging gary is considered to be an arrogant big headed @rse and is not liked by any with whom the source mixes.

I so hope he proves everyone wrong but am wondering on the sanity of the leaders at our club. As i said this might be all tosh but then again................i fear for our future over the next few seasons as garys record so far is horrendous. If we don't win on saturday......

8 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Total generalisation but not liking your manager is well, kinda normal. Being sent on courses you don't agree with or find a bit demeaning, again, kinda normal A boss being considered big headed likewise.  But anyway as jagfox says strange timing.

The only difference is football players are a different breed , if they don’t buy into what the manager is saying or doing they basically won’t burst a gut for you on a Saturday, Mourinho at Chelsea being a prime example when the players downed tools .

It’s key that Gary Caldwell gets the senior players onside to support him , if he does that he’s got a chance but in my opinion time is running out for him .

If true, why is this the manager’s fault?

The players’ ability belies the club’s league position. Clearly the players lack confidence, but it’s up to them to perform on the pitch.

New guy comes in - easy to blame him if you continue to under perform. Yes, part of the manager’s job is to motivate, and yes he hasn’t exactly excelled in doing so since he arrived. But it’s a bit rich for the guys who are failing to deliver to then try to blame someone else for their inadequacies.

Not the manger’s fault if they continue to fail to perform on the basics of their day job.

For me, the manager has spent the last few weeks experimenting to try out players in different positions & formations. They have continued to under perform vs their abilities.

Is that the manager’s fault? No. Has the manager helped to turn it around? No, he hasn’t done that either.

But if the players s really trying to blame the manager for the current league position, then they’re making excuses and need to look closer to home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stolenscone said:

If true, why is this the manager’s fault?

The players’ ability belies the club’s league position. Clearly the players lack confidence, but it’s up to them to perform on the pitch.

New guy comes in - easy to blame him if you continue to under perform. Yes, part of the manager’s job is to motivate, and yes he hasn’t exactly excelled in doing so since he arrived. But it’s a bit rich for the guys who are failing to deliver to then try to blame someone else for their inadequacies.

Not the manger’s fault if they continue to fail to perform on the basics of their day job.

For me, the manager has spent the last few weeks experimenting to try out players in different positions & formations. They have continued to under perform vs their abilities.

Is that the manager’s fault? No. Has the manager helped to turn it around? No, he hasn’t done that either.

But if the players s really trying to blame the manager for the current league position, then they’re making excuses and need to look closer to home.

100 pc right

Since the Blessed Jackie left, our team has gradually been filled with dumplin's. As a manager, with the exception of the boys who have come through the ranks and perhaps two or three from the current first team all could easily be dumped.............There are at the very least twenty junior teams through out the leagues in Scotland Thistle would have no chance against, so any discontent from our jumped up juniors aren't worth Sh*t...........................As I said before now is not the time to bicker and argue, the time for that was when Piccollo was signed, since that day we were heading into trouble....  

20 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

footballing decision taken by a business person?

I still say Jacqui Low is to blame for the whole debacle, because of the way she's trying to run the club. A failed Tory candidate and a business-person who's probably never done a day's work in her life and who's introduced this 'business club' thing to Firhill. **** any business except for Partick Thistle FC! The only thing she should be worrying about is making the club/company a success, and pandering to a crowd of tory business-types who want to 'network'. How about improving the matchday experience for the average fan? Ideally by ******* off and letting somebody who knows what they're doing run the club and appoint a manager who can actually win a game.

No apologies to any tory business types offended by that statement. You're part of the problem.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

St Johnstone's Business Club was a fantastic vibrant INDEPENDENT body.  It produced good income for the club, created a St Johnstone minded community, bred some future board members.

Everything was good. I don't think the speaker was ever the St Johnstone chairman - their events were more social.

Then the club took the running of said business club in house, disbanding the independent organisation in the process.   Needless to say, much support withdrawn, and the thing has come shuddering to a halt in terms of usefulness.

Whilst I totally agree with much of your sentiment bell especially relating to matchday experience, the concept of a Business Club can be useful to a club in my opinion, just perhaps not the way we are doing it.

5 hours ago, Spreading the word said:

Was taking to a player after the QOS game, and he said he didn't even know what position that he was supposed to play and fed up with the manager not changing the team and giving the other players a chance.

Hi there - everyone is entitled to an opinion (players and fans alike) but the bit about not changing the team doesn’t really tally with what I’ve seen since Caldwell took over.

Instead it looks to me that the manager is trying to alter formation and personnel from game to game where he can until he buys a result or a performance from an under achieving group of players that he can build on.

It’s clear for everyone to see that the players have no confidence, so he needs to be careful what he does, but the team selections don’t say to me that he’s unwilling to make changes. Perhaps there aren’t wholesale changes from game to game, but I for one understand the rationale for not doing that.

I’m not trying to defend Caldwell as being the right man for the job. Canddidly, I haven’t seen enough to form a view yet. But a lot of nonsense has been put out in forums over the last few weeks.

On the management side, we desperately need someone to build the player’s confidence. On the playing side, we need the squad to get beyond this mental block. The negativity is understandable, but unhelpful. There’s the irony. For me, in the absence of any obviously inexplicable decisions, the guy who is just in the door is the least culpable, for now at least. Confidence and trust are terribly hard to build, even more so in a hostile environment with added time pressure. The players are professional athletes, however, and it’s part of their job to work to get beyond this.

What is certain tho is that if the team can’t fudge their way to a couple of results soon, then it won’t matter who the manager is.

I started by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally tho, I could do without seeing some of the more obviously silly posts. MY view is that it’s counter productive, given the problems that we so obviously have. But that’s just my view.

Anyway, I promised myself when I stepped back from the Jags Trust years ago that I would read, but not post. I’d really rather avoid getting drawn back in, so I’d be much better off sticking to that, supporting the team in my own way, and let people make their own decisions. I’ll do that now and not intrude any further.

SS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

Hi there - everyone is entitled to an opinion (players and fans alike) but the bit about not changing the team doesn’t really tally with what I’ve seen since Caldwell took over.

Instead it looks to me that the manager is trying to alter formation and personnel from game to game where he can until he buys a result or a performance from an under achieving group of players that he can build on.

It’s clear for everyone to see that the players have no confidence, so he needs to be careful what he does, but the team selections don’t say to me that he’s unwilling to make changes. Perhaps there aren’t wholesale changes from game to game, but I for one understand the rationale for not doing that.

I’m not trying to defend Caldwell as being the right man for the job. Canddidly, I haven’t seen enough to form a view yet. But a lot of nonsense has been put out in forums over the last few weeks.

On the management side, we desperately need someone to build the player’s confidence. On the playing side, we need the squad to get beyond this mental block. The negativity is understandable, but unhelpful. There’s the irony. For me, in the absence of any obviously inexplicable decisions, the guy who is just in the door is the least culpable, for now at least. Confidence and trust are terribly hard to build, even more so in a hostile environment with added time pressure. The players are professional athletes, however, and it’s part of their job to work to get beyond this.

What is certain tho is that if the team can’t fudge their way to a couple of results soon, then it won’t matter who the manager is.

I started by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally tho, I could do without seeing some of the more obviously silly posts. MY view is that it’s counter productive, given the problems that we so obviously have. But that’s just my view.

Anyway, I promised myself when I stepped back from the Jags Trust years ago that I would read, but not post. I’d really rather avoid getting drawn back in, so I’d be much better off sticking to that, supporting the team in my own way, and let people make their own decisions. I’ll do that now and not intrude any further.

SS

Good to 'see' you again SS!

Step away from the edge.........!

We all care, that's why we all make those promises to ourselves but become sucked back in!

Hope life is treating you well.

S

10 minutes ago, jaf said:

Good to 'see' you again SS!

Step away from the edge.........!

We all care, that's why we all make those promises to ourselves but become sucked back in!

Hope life is treating you well.

S

Hi Sandy. All good, thanks for asking. Likewise, I hope you’re keeping well.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Well, from a standing start both Kilmarnock and ourselves have been travelling at similar speed since we met at Firhill in October 2017.

Sadly, we chose the wrong direction of travel in more ways than one.

It's unbelievable, isn't it

20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Well, from a standing start both Kilmarnock and ourselves have been travelling at similar speed since we met at Firhill in October 2017.

Sadly, we chose the wrong direction of travel in more ways than one.

If Caldwell doesn't turn it around soon, some will say Archibald should never have been sacked. The way Kilmarnock are going, remember they beat us with their youth coach in charge. We should've sacked him much sooner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

If I never saw any of them in a PTFC strip again ( Doolan excepted ) it would still be too soon. Shower of pr1cks.

I don’t think Doolan has done anything this season to be excepted unless we are talking about previous service to the club as this season he has been appalling 

8 hours ago, bell said:

I still say Jacqui Low is to blame for the whole debacle, because of the way she's trying to run the club. A failed Tory candidate and a business-person who's probably never done a day's work in her life and who's introduced this 'business club' thing to Firhill. **** any business except for Partick Thistle FC! The only thing she should be worrying about is making the club/company a success, and pandering to a crowd of tory business-types who want to 'network'. How about improving the matchday experience for the average fan? Ideally by ******* off and letting somebody who knows what they're doing run the club and appoint a manager who can actually win a game.

No apologies to any tory business types offended by that statement. You're part of the problem.

An extremely political and pointless post.

13 hours ago, bell said:

What a ridiculous post , ill informed etc , clubs like us rely on business’  partly to do with sponsorship, corporate hospitality etc  and are an integral part of running any football club providing much needed funds. Jacqui Lowe only became chairwoman about 6 months ago  and unless she’s been playing Centre half not sure how’s she’s to blame ?

By the way , the business club started at least 20 years ago !!

Your post is crass at best regarding political persuasions, we’re a football club not a platform for what politics we believe in .

• Like 3