Rumour, gossip or lies

5 hours ago, bell said:

I'll try again.

I don't think Jacqui Low is the right person to be leading the club. She doesn't seem to know how to run a football club, or understand that it's not like running any other business. In addition, she appears to moving in certain political circles and trying to attract a certain type of person to the club under the auspices of a 'business club' when she should be concentrating on getting results on the pitch. If we don't start improving soon and getting results we'll be back in the 2nd division, struggling for cash, and if one follows a particularly pessimistic projection we could even be looking at another Save The Jags campaign. The best way to attract sponsorship money (other than chance encounters with eccentric millionaire art collectors) is by being a success on the pitch.

You put your points over a bit better this time , though I'm still not sure why politics come into it .

Whether Jacqui Lowe is the right person to lead us forward remains to be seen but I’m sure she’ll be guided on football matters by football people ( Gerry Britton etc ) , similar to Anne Budge at Hearts with Craig Levein. 

You’re right to say football is a different business but she’s extremely well qualified to run PTFC,  but I’m going to give her a bit of quodos she made the decision to break up the Old Pals act and let Archie , Shaggie  and Scott Mckenzie go , not sure David Beattie would have done that , whether we’ve chosen the right manager is open to debate 

Finally an open question to you , when you want to get finance or sponsorship into your Club , do you seriously think you wait for the phone to ring ?

On 12/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, allyo said:

Okay, I'm going to point out that Bell got criticised pretty strongly for bringing politics to it, but others seems happy to keep that going.

Personally I think Tories should be welcomed at Firhill. Same as everyone else. There. I said it.

It's all tounge in cheek, of course everyone is welcome at firhill that's what makes us better than most esp the ugly sisters

On 12/4/2018 at 9:11 PM, Thistleberight said:

Apparently our dressing room to a man and child are p1ssed with our new manager taking them to an sas school. 

Lastly, alleging gary is considered to be an arrogant big headed @rse and is not liked by any with whom the source mixes.

From what I heard from a very close friend of one of our 1st team, they found the Para thing a laugh (until the unplanned & unscripted SAS hostage take) but could laugh about it later on.

He has rattled the dressing room, but by god did it need it, a few players are pissed off cause they aren’t calling the shots anymore, you’ll probably find they are gone in January 

9 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

From what I heard from a very close friend of one of our 1st team, they found the Para thing a laugh (until the unplanned & unscripted SAS hostage take) but could laugh about it later on.

He has rattled the dressing room, but by god did it need it, a few players are pissed off cause they aren’t calling the shots anymore, you’ll probably find they are gone in January 

Do you know who got taken hostage and are they still missing??

49 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Do you know who got taken hostage and are they still missing??

Storer, who broke down. Possibly not a bad thing as he’s been cutting about like a would be gangster.

Brice, who ran and was hauled down, hooded and dragged back, apparently he fought like hell.

Not sure of the other that’s the only 2 names I heard mentioned.

Remember Jackie MacNamarra used to take the team to Catterick barracks for pre-season to do a lot of the same exercises but for a week.

It wasn’t actually the SAS it was SRR (Ex 14 Company) that we’re on their 8 week training led by SAS, otherwise I don’t think Brice would have got that far.

Just now, Norgethistle said:

Storer, who broke down. Possibly not a bad thing as he’s been cutting about like a would be gangster.

Brice, who ran and was hauled down, hooded and dragged back, apparently he fought like hell.

Not sure of the other that’s the only 2 names I heard mentioned.

Remember Jackie MacNamarra used to take the team to Catterick barracks for pre-season to do a lot of the same exercises but for a week.

It wasn’t actually the SAS it was SRR (Ex 14 Company) that we’re on their 8 week training led by SAS, otherwise I don’t think Brice would have got that far.

Sounds like fun, if that doesn't create team bonding nothing will. I was concerned when i heard the players reaction but like in any work place there would have been some who got stuck in and others who didn't. 

I liked the look of storer when i daw him at the start of the season but if his attitude is poor then he's getting what he deserves. pity.

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Think Catterick might actually have been McCall.  I believe tho'McNamara put the squad thru a rigorous pre season, jumping ticket barriers down the road at York Station.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I would think it would not be as good as the legendry Blackpool trips with Lambie. But if it does help to bond the team and get positive results it was a worthwhile exercise.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think Catterick might actually have been McCall.  I believe tho'McNamara put the squad thru a rigorous pre season, jumping ticket barriers down the road at York Station.

I'm sure Archie took them to Catterick as well. Was it Whyte & Britton that took them to Cyprus for pre-season training and a game or 2 against the army (I think)?