Alloa 15.12.18

westertonjagfan

10 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Hopefully alloa will atruggle with our bigger pitch tho goodwin has them well orginised at the back. 3-0

That would've been my hope as well but Alloa have had a series of good results away from home, all of course on larger surfaces (on some fair sized pitches as well). The narrowing of the Recs was done under their chairman's instruction. From what I heard their players are certainly not all in favour and possibly Goodwin himself ain't that keen. Their form supports that view as they've only won once at home and that was against the leagues poorest away team. All that said we should get the 3 pts playing to the form of our last two home games. As always we need to create more  serious goalscoring chances.

Just now, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That would've been my hope as well but Alloa have had a series of good results away from home, all of course on larger surfaces (on some fair sized pitches as well). The narrowing of the Recs was done under their chairman's instruction. From what I heard their players are certainly not all in favour and possibly Goodwin himself ain't that keen. Their form supports that view as they've only won once at home and that was against the leagues poorest away team. All that said we should get the 3 pts playing to the form of our last two home games. As always we need to create more  serious goalscoring chances.

And rely on our strikers to start taking their chances. I have to admit an admiration for the job goodwin is doing at a very unfashionable club so fair play to them. They took their chance when it came in the last game against us so hopefully our players do the same to them on Saturday

9 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Just shows how poor us County and Accies where last season.

Said it before, say it again, if we'd have been fitter and not died in last 15 mins and seen some games out........

23 hours ago, Paulo said:

Erskine for Mutombo looks like the obvious move, but McCarthy didn't do himself any harm last weekend when he came on.  Fitzpatrick definitely earned a start but may not be fit enough for this weekend. 

Good assessment paulo. I believe mccarthy to be far more effective than archie thought. I'd like to see him in an agressive role in front of the back line. He's a very powerful looking lad. I'm unsure of his creativity but he doesn't lose possession very often and has that paul paton type of dig in him. Love to see him get a run in the team.

I feel fitzpatrick is slightly more creative and positive when he has the ball. I know stotey had a better game last saturday but that game aside i would play fitzy ahead of him. But i'm no manager