Alloa 15.12.18

westertonjagfan

That was torture to watch that nonsense, once again the perceived 3 at the back became a 5 and invited part time Alloa onto us and they got their just reward , can somebody tell Caldwell we’ve haven’t got the personnel to play that system or maybe give Archie a call .

No idea why 17 yr old Aidan Fitzpatrick was playing on the left hand side of the midfield, Gary ‘good week in training ‘Caldwell hung the boy out to dry playing him  in a unfamiliar position.

Absoutely clueless 

We cant possibly afford to sack him.. We are still paying Archie till the end of the season and then to employ a new manager and still pay money to get useless players off our books and replace with new ones..

where the **** do people think the money for that is coming.. 

I was of the give him time opinion.. but failing to beat a part time team twice with these players.. Im no longer in that group.. I wish we could get rid of him but financially we cant.. The board have royally ****** the club.. Only hope is Caldwell gets some new players in Jan using his contacts and kicks the arse of the ones we have left.. At the end of the season we can re-asses

Edited by dougie247

What a crap team we are.

We created nothing 2nd half when we should have killed off our part time opponents.

Erskine should have started instead of headless chicken Storey. Caldwell must realise by now how useless Storey is.

Pass marks only to Sneddon, Christie, Banzo and possibly Jeffries. The rest, utter garbage.

24 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

The performance from Thistle matched the weather, terrible. Take the lead twice and cant hold onto it. I know the second goal took a deflection but I thought Sneddon should have made an effort,instead of just watching it go by him.

Maybe he just couldn't be arsed eh. Or there is a possibility he was wrong-footed. 

4 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

You could be right about him being wrong footed. I was just behind the goal to the right and thought he had time to adjust his position and dive to the right.

Surely if he did have time to adjust and dive, he would have then, no? Bit insulting of you to insinuate that the save was possible but he just couldn't be bothered making the effort.

41 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

What a crap team we are.

We created nothing 2nd half when we should have killed off our part time opponents.

Erskine should have started instead of headless chicken Storey. Caldwell must realise by now how useless Storey is.

Pass marks only to Sneddon, Christie, Banzo and possibly Jeffries. The rest, utter garbage.

Even Spittal? who despite being a scapegoat is our top scorer

25 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

Surely if he did have time to adjust and dive, he would have then, no? Bit insulting of you to insinuate that the save was possible but he just couldn't be bothered making the effort.

Not trying to insult anyone. Just thought he could have done better at the goal. Not once did I say he just couldn't be bothered. Plenty of fans on this and other forums have their opinions on players performances. I am sure they are not meaning to be insulting. This is a forum where fans discuss the game and the teams performance. I just think he could have done better at the goal.

Doolan and Banzo are shot fighters. Banzo still committing a mountain of fouls and lucky not to be shown a red card, never kicked on and added goals or assists, still always getting booked and giving away silly fouls. A million balls across the box today and Doolan nowhere near any of them. 

It happened with the manager, if we keep sticking with players like them and Christie Elliott we are going to be fighting for our lives all season. Its the cuddly toy Thistle way though.

Edited by avie-man

Think the dreadful conditions made the game a bit of leveller. Had both the weather and the pitch been better we'd have been played off the park.

Playing three immobile centrebacks, who struggle to cross the half way line, at home to a part time outfit is ridiculous.  Anytime Alloa came under pressure all they had to do was lump the ball into the large gap behind our reduced midfield. Spittal appeared to be the only Jags player that knew what he was supposed to be doing. In reality he was probably improvising and adapting to the game rather than sticking to some inflexible managerial ploy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

That was torture to watch that nonsense, once again the perceived 3 at the back became a 5 and invited part time Alloa onto us and they got their just reward , can somebody tell Caldwell we’ve haven’t got the personnel to play that system or maybe give Archie a call .

No idea why 17 yr old Aidan Fitzpatrick was playing on the left hand side of the midfield, Gary ‘good week in training ‘Caldwell hung the boy out to dry playing him  in a unfamiliar position.

Absoutely clueless 

Can't believe we're still playing a back 3.

Absolutely brutal set up even with good players.

No idea why anyone would let the centre backs of any team have an easy life whilst everyone else gets dragged out of position.

If we don't have 2 centre backs who can mark 1 centre forward and cover for the other, sack them all. 

Bone-chillingly dreich and dismal...and the weather was awful too. The most worrying thing was that we didn't look a better side than Alloa in any department.  Jeffries, Scobbie and McGinty are very ordinary players of relegation standard. I don't know anything about football tactics but there were obvious flaws - three central defenders whose use of the ball is poor, our wing backs were pinned back, our midfield was short-handed and our forwards unable to link up. In contrast,  for their second goal Alloa were able to find space with quick passes on the right wing and then their striker had time to turn and hit a decent shot untroubled by our defenders.

It was a clear strategy to allow McGinty time and space on the ball...it's not entirely his fault as there were not enough options but he must have given away possession about thirty times with hoofs up the park.  Jim Goodwin was one of my three preferred choices for manager when Archie left...his part-time side with a fraction of our budget was far better organised and motivated than us today.

Caldwell has failed already - a promotion play-off place was the minimum acceptable standard. His substitution of Doolan was inexplicable - we needed a goal but took off our only striker. Storey is brainless and useless but plays every week - what was in Caldwell's Dossier that so impressed our Board? Spittal had another good game but if Banzo leaves in January - and why would he stay - we are genuine relegation candidates...the ultimate insult will be being replaced by Dick"The Dick" Campbell's Arbroath.

7 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

Can't believe we're still playing a back 3.

Absolutely brutal set up even with good players.

No idea why anyone would let the centre backs of any team have an easy life whilst everyone else gets dragged out of position.

If we don't have 2 centre backs who can mark 1 centre forward and cover for the other, sack them all. 

Don't shoot the messenger. According to Caldwell we're playing three at the back as without Slater we don't have enough energy to accompany Bannigan in midfield. 

• Confused 1

I'm obviously in the minority, in that I didn't actually think we were all that bad today. I thought it was entertaining enough, considering the weather, and was a game we should have won. They pretty much scored with their only attacks. Which in itself is a obviously problem, since it just looks so  easy to score against us.

But don't misunderstand this as a defence in any way. I've heard other people talking about decent performances at games I haven't been at, and it doesn't cut much. Fact is our results are awful. That's the manager's job, and he's been there a while now. We're in real trouble.

I would defend Stuart Bannigan. I thought he was very good, and put more into the game than anyone else. He was on real tightrope though, and lucky to avoid the second yellow card.

We were mince and the fact we drew at home with a part time team will never be good enough. Conditions were terrible but I’d argue Alloa played the better football, and we didn’t deserve a win. 

The guff before the game from Caldwell about this not being the same Thistle team that Alloa played in his first game in charge was just that - guff. We are exactly the same, if not worse, than when he took over. Deeply worrying stuff. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dougie247 said:

We cant possibly afford to sack him.. We are still paying Archie till the end of the season and then to employ a new manager and still pay money to get useless players off our books and replace with new ones..

where the **** do people think the money for that is coming.. 

I was of the give him time opinion.. but failing to beat a part time team twice with these players.. Im no longer in that group.. I wish we could get rid of him but financially we cant.. The board have royally ****** the club.. Only hope is Caldwell gets some new players in Jan using his contacts and kicks the arse of the ones we have left.. At the end of the season we can re-asses

A big window coming up in January. Both for outs as well as in. Another point, is the update from the chair not well overdue or have I missed it ?

7 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

A big window coming up in January. Both for outs as well as in. Another point, is the update from the chair not well overdue or have I missed it ?

Not sure how you move some of these players on if they’re under contract unless you pay them off ,at this moment I wouldn’t back Caldwell to pick a winner in a one ticket raffle .