Ross County 22/12/18

Jaggernaut

On 12/16/2018 at 2:08 PM, Auld Jag said:

We are now predictable. If we go ahead we will invariably draw or lose and if we go behind we have lost the game.

Just a thought. We got our noses in front v dunfermline and stayed there. I didn't think we looked like losing that game though my mates made the point that if dunfermline had been clinical it would have been a different story.

Then last week we were ahead twice and again i thought we weren't in great danger from them but, they scored twice. I'm left wondering what part the weather played and should i have been happy with a point. It's to be 6 degrees, dry and little wind at dingwall today. So no weather excuses. Should we be happy if we put in a decent performance and perhaps come away with a point? Or even just an improved performance or is that being a little negative.

Perhaps i'm falling for, the players are behind the manager, line from banzo. Either way i'm strangely positive about today. Normally i'd be stopping at micky D's in perth for a bit of brekkie just now but it's too close to Christmas to even ask for permission to go today.

Safe journey to all who are going up, and to sam and his pals on the north west bus.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Just a thought. We got our noses in front v dunfermline and stayed there. I didn't think we looked like losing that game though my mates made the point that if dunfermline had been clinical it would have been a different story.

Then last week we were ahead twice and again i thought we weren't in great danger from them but, they scored twice. I'm left wondering what part the weather played and should i have been happy with a point. It's to be 6 degrees, dry and little wind at dingwall today. So no weather excuses. Should we be happy if we put in a decent performance and perhaps come away with a point? Or even just an improved performance or is that being a little negative.

Perhaps i'm falling for, the players are behind the manager, line from banzo. Either way i'm strangely positive about today. Normally i'd be stopping at micky D's in perth for a bit of brekkie just now but it's too close to Christmas to even ask for permission to go today.

Safe journey to all who are going up, and to sam and his pals on the north west bus.

Probably more last season when we lost nearly30 points after being ahead in games. Just think where we would have been if we managed to hold on in even a third of those games. Has happened a few times this season so far ,but hopefully Caldwell will sort it out.

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

Serious assault on his partner. It is no comment on his guilt or innocence, but it is surely not appropriate for him to be named in the squad while the case is ongoing.

Some cases can take a good while to come to court. I am assuming that the club have taken the view that it is unreasonable to omit him from playing for what is an undetermined length of time and as such are taking the innocent until proven guilty stance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Serious assault on his partner. It is no comment on his guilt or innocence, but it is surely not appropriate for him to be named in the squad while the case is ongoing.

Ther is no case 'ongoing' at the moment and surely it is very much a case of innocent until etc. etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

Ther is no case 'ongoing' at the moment and surely it is very much a case of innocent until etc. etc. 

If charges have been brought then there is a case ongoing.

Not picking him for the squad wouldn’t represent any risk to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. But it would be a reflection of the seriousness of the charges brought and the discomfort many people will feel with an individual playing for the club while such a serious case hangs over them.

Anyway. Mon the Jags. A win today would be tremendous. 

I now make that one win in nine matches under Caldwell, with two draws against our fellow relegation contenders. All of the rhetoric and suggestions of progress that we hear from Caldwell are utterly meaningless in the face of such dreadful statistics. 

Our team is not good, but they are better players than this. That they aren’t performing as they should is largely the fault of the manager. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 2

W1, D2, L6, a 19% success rate. I bet he never had that on his PowerPoint presentation. 

Exactly half way through the season, 9th, 2 points behind part time Alloa. We’re going to need a fantastic transfer window otherwise there is absolutely nothing to look forward to under Caldwell.

So far there is no evidence that he  can turn this sinking ship around. The board must be sh•tting themselves. I know I am. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One t in Scotland said:

Seen this opinion a few times. What evidence it's based on I have absolutely no idea. Silver lining to relegation is that we could bump every last one of them.

I have sympathy with your position. But I don’t think we have worse players than Falkirk, Alloa, QOS or a number of other teams in the league (even if they haven’t been showing it). A decent manager would have them performing to a higher standard than what they currently are. 

• Like 2