Ross County 22/12/18

Jaggernaut

Just now, NotAFan said:

Wasn't there but it sounds like they competed well enough, no? Really need someone to put the ball in the net and some defenders who can close down shots. 

So what you’re saying is we need to improve our defence and attack? Yes, pretty fundamental! And it’s the manager’s job to sort it. 

9 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Considering we both got relegated, to be 22points behind County at the half way stage is very sobering.  :(

It’s an absolute nonsense, we actually should have had a slightly better budget than Ross County because of the extra prize money we received from the SPFL , the best in the league by far , total mismanagement by everyone involved at Partick Thistle.

You couldn’t make this up , to find ourselves in this position is bordering on the ridiculous.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I now make that one win in nine matches under Caldwell, with two draws against our fellow relegation contenders. All of the rhetoric and suggestions of progress that we hear from Caldwell are utterly meaningless in the face of such dreadful statistics. 

Our team is not good, but they are better players than this. That they aren’t performing as they should is largely the fault of the manager. 

Better players than this ? How ? 

See we were interested in signing Stewart from st Mirren who scored county’s second goal today - because of his age we owed st Mirren a development fee but we did not want to county came in and said they would pay a development fee. Might not be greatest goal scorer but I’m sure could offer than our current goal scorers.  

As alludes too earlier we had money from the parachute payment we could have paid st Mirren a development fee but for whatever reason the club didn’t bother- again very poor planning 

Edited by Third Lanark

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Better players than this ? How ? 

Matter of judgement. I don’t think we have the second worst group of players in the league. I think they’re second bottom because of poor coaching, poor management and poor attitudes on their part. All three of these factors could have been addressed by a competent manager. 

Agree totally that Caldwell Is not a competent manager.

But disagree that we have loads of talented players at the club. Some of them can’t pass a ball 10 yards, some can’t tackle, most are not creative.

We’re in real trouble and Caldwell is not the man to get us out of it.

I think that we are pinning to much hope on the January window ,who on earth is going to come and sign for us in the position we are in?...G.C. is probably  going to troll  the lower English leagues for guys that fancy a change of country for a few months...A defeat vs Morton next week would be curtains for us......

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Agree totally that Caldwell Is not a competent manager.

But disagree that we have loads of talented players at the club. Some of them can’t pass a ball 10 yards, some can’t tackle, most are not creative.

We’re in real trouble and Caldwell is not the man to get us out of it.

We’ve got talented players Bannigan, Doolan , Erskine , Fitzpatrick, Penrice , Slater have the ability to play at a much higher level than what they are showing just now.

We’ve got a safety first coach in Caldwell similar to Archibald , with the emphasis on not conceding many goals which inevitably means we are pinned back for most of the game.

Watched Wolves v Liverpool last night and Wolves caused Liverpool problems by attacking with 4 or 5 players bursting a gut to get into the penalty area , when was the last time we did that .

Caldwell is definitely not the answer, the Board has messed up big time .

Shambolic at all levels of the Club 

• Like 1

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

Matter of judgement. I don’t think we have the second worst group of players in the league. I think they’re second bottom because of poor coaching, poor management and poor attitudes on their part. All three of these factors could have been addressed by a competent manager. 

I keep deciding caldwell is a c@ck then something happens to make me reconsider, v dunfermline, player interviews by ET or appearances on radio, signing of bannigan etc but facts are facts. His record in this leagye is worst than archiebald. We held onto him way too long.

Only people to blame here are the board. They've got some things right but too mamy important decisions wrong.

The fans don't appoint mamagers or coaches, the board do. They got it wrong in my opinion and won't have the bollox to change it.

Cammy bell on radio today stating he and the players believe they can still make play off's????? FFS wake up!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

We’ve got talented players Bannigan, Doolan , Erskine , Fitzpatrick, Penrice , Slater have the ability to play at a much higher level than what they are showing just now.

We’ve got a safety first coach in Caldwell similar to Archibald , with the emphasis on not conceding many goals which inevitably means we are pinned back for most of the game.

Watched Wolves v Liverpool last night and Wolves caused Liverpool problems by attacking with 4 or 5 players bursting a gut to get into the penalty area , when was the last time we did that .

Caldwell is definitely not the answer, the Board has messed up big time .

Shambolic at all levels of the Club 

Doolan and erskine appear to be finished in my opinion

We are in deep trouble, our squad is poor. Banzo is good, Penrice, Fitzpatrick and McCarthy show potential, Dools & Erskine are now in the twilight of their career and can’t carry the team,  a few more are average at best but the rest are poor.

Alloa seem to have turned a corner.

We need the following to save us.

1-     6 or7 players to be identified that are fit, available and way better than we have now.

2-     Funds to be available to sign them

3-   Funds to be available to release 5 or6 passengers 

4-   Caldwell to get it right, tactically, motivationally  and recruiting wise

5-  Alloa, Falkirk and another to implode.

i honestly can’t see us staying up based on current squad, current performances and current manager (to date).

There feels something seriously wrong at the club right now 

Just now, Hankey said:

Time to move on from Dools as well sadly. Hes completely finished. 

Don't agree with this, at this level anyway. He has lost his way in terms of shooting instead he keeps taking too many touches etc 

Watch the games he plays in, he is clearly regarded by opposition cos a lot of the time he has two on him and add to that he is simply not getting any service especially away from home. See jlsarmy's post, caldwell is negative esp away from home. Someone said on another thread they thought dools was done, i asked what the alternative is and who do we play number 9 instead. I'm still waiting for an answer.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Doolan and erskine appear to be finished in my opinion

Think it might be you third, that i referenced in the last post. Whats your alternative. Who would you target to teplace them or are there players coming through.

I do not agree that either are finished at this level. Any player esp a striker are only as good as the sum of the parts. They are all gash just now but what else can we do to replace the players we have ànd do we really expect our board to get shot of caldwell? He's here for the forseeable i'm afriad. Be interesting to see how much cash if any he gets in january

The obvious alternative is to sign better players who are likely to stick the ball in the net and stop us from getting relegated. Or we can **** ourselves silly again about oor legends whilst we go down, again. The Thistle cuddly toy way, nae guts.

Edited by Hankey

Just now, Hankey said:

Dools hasn't scored in open play for 3 months. Did you see all the crosses we fired into the box last week?

Eh, crosses you say? Naw. More than usual but not many good ones. I'm not saying he's not gash just now. He's no worse then the others. All i'm saying is i don't think he is finished is all

Just now, Hankey said:

The obvious alternative is to sign better players who are likely to stick the ball in the net and stop us from getting relegated. Or we can **** ourselves silly again about oor legends whilst we go down, again.

You're sounding unreasonable now. Check out my previous posts.

Who would you suggest we go after

1 minute ago, Thistleberight said:

Think it might be you third, that i referenced in the last post. Whats your alternative. Who would you target to teplace them or are there players coming through.

I do not agree that either are finished at this level. Any player esp a striker are only as good as the sum of the parts. They are all gash just now but what else can we do to replace the players we have ànd do we really expect our board to get shot of caldwell? He's here for the forseeable i'm afriad. Be interesting to see how much cash if any he gets in january

I would probably look at getting another striker in - someone from Scottish leagues either lower leagues a shankland type or possibly loan. Doolan will be kept on as a coach for his testimonial year but I’m struggling to justify giving erskine a new contract. Time will tell I guess

And therein lies the problem. Who will sign for us? The players available in Jan are ones who are released from other clubs because they can’t cut it, players who aren’t deemed good enough to play for their first teams and are therefor put out on loan, and players who haven’t got a club at all because they’re duff.

This all comes back to the board - they kept Archibald on for far too long and allowed him to sign duds. Now they put their faith in a “manager” who has been a dud in his most recent career path.

25 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Eh, crosses you say? Naw. More than usual but not many good ones. I'm not saying he's not gash just now. He's no worse then the others. All i'm saying is i don't think he is finished is all

33 minutes ago, Hankey said:

Dools hasn't scored in open play for 3 months. Did you see all the crosses we fired into the box last week?

Not going to be totally defensive on Doolan but last week he spent the majority of time chasing back players to his own penalty box while the headless chicken that is Miles Storey played the Centre forward role . In the last few years Doolan relied on Erskine and Lawless to make his chances, there was a telepathy there in the runs he was making , that’s all gone now ( Erskine doesn’t play and Lawless has gone )

Doolan is only 32 , he never relied on pace  to score goals , in a good balanced team he’ll still score goals but he’s probably the same as the rest of them with a lack of confidence.The system we’re playing just now means the forwards are isolated most of the time , no midfielders joining  in or even getting beyond the forwards.

Ultimately that’s down to how the manager sets up , how many goals have the midfield scored this season  ?

Edited by jlsarmy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1