Ross County 22/12/18

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Hankey said:

Dools hasn't scored in open play for 3 months. Did you see all the crosses we fired into the box last week?

Have always rated Doolan and loved his is professionalism but I have to say I've noticed a real drop in his attitude this season. Our best moment of the second half last week against Alloa was when Doolan was a yard or two short of getting on the end of good cross into the box (yes it did happen).  The problem was  when the move was developing down the right near their box, Doolan was ambling up from the half way line in a half-hearted manner; I was literally screaming at him to get into the box. He did make a late sprint but it was too late. The Doolan of previous seasons would have been been on that type of delivery like a rash. Not what you expect from your main striker.

3 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Wait to he comes away with the Billy Mcneil line , when manager of Villa.  " We will get it right next Saturday lads''.  Unfortunately they ran out of Saturdays.:lol:

He said once we won a game more would follow. Since beating Dunfermline we have drawn wit part time Alloa at home after being ahead twice and lost today. For Chesterfield now read Partick Thistle.

I am lost in admiration for what Livi have achieved so far with virtually no supporters and no money. Never in our recent time in the top league did we EVER look like achieving the sort of results they have been getting. Drawing with the Champions, beating the Ibrox lot, drawing at Tynecastle and then murdering the happy Hearts at the Tony Macaroni, beating  Hibs then getting a draw at Easter Road.

if we had got near some  of THAT in recent seasons we would have been, as supporters, absolutely bursting with pride.

Then it's down to this season and we are a soft shambles; guaranteed to give away ridiculously poor goals and failing to score or even get into the opposition box game after game after game....

I despair!

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

See we were interested in signing Stewart from st Mirren who scored county’s second goal today - because of his age we owed st Mirren a development fee but we did not want to county came in and said they would pay a development fee. Might not be greatest goal scorer but I’m sure could offer than our current goal scorers.  

As alludes too earlier we had money from the parachute payment we could have paid st Mirren a development fee but for whatever reason the club didn’t bother- again very poor planning 

He got the sponsors man of the match. 

Perhaps we ought to have signed him. But then we presumably would have one less social media vigilance officer able to be accommodated in the budget.  Infrastructure of premier league team, playing squad of third tier footballers. 

35 minutes ago, jagfaelivi said:

I am lost in admiration for what Livi have achieved so far with virtually no supporters and no money. Never in our recent time in the top league did we EVER look like achieving the sort of results they have been getting. Drawing with the Champions, beating the Ibrox lot, drawing at Tynecastle and then murdering the happy Hearts at the Tony Macaroni, beating  Hibs then getting a draw at Easter Road.

if we had got near some  of THAT in recent seasons we would have been, as supporters, absolutely bursting with pride.

Then it's down to this season and we are a soft shambles; guaranteed to give away ridiculously poor goals and failing to score or even get into the opposition box game after game after game....

I despair!

After finishing in the top six we should have consolidated our position in the top league.  Misjudgement, bad signings , weak board, manager in decline. too much sentiment and loyalty shown, etc,etc.  All of these and more contributed to our painful and  disastrous freefall into the mire.

There's useless charlatans littered throughout management in all business sectors. Football is lucky because there's less barriers in the way if you need to get shot.

This is Gerry Collins level in terms of management incompetence.

Someone needs to show a bit of leadership and cut the club's losses.

The January transfer window will not fix this.....

For the benefit of those not there today, I would say we did play ok. But far from good enough at the same time. And at no time with any real threat  

I would cite 3 examples which would contradict the managers assessment of the game. 

Firstly our best chance probably was created by a marauding run by Sean MacGinty. If Sean MacGinty is our playmaker, we have problems. 

Second, and third  - our 2 worst defensive lapses in the game both went unpunished  a terrible pass by Scobbie which led to a Ross county break ending in a foul by Scobbie just outside box  and a mistake by aforementioned MacGinty leading to banzo taking a good yellow card for the team when the break was looking worrying  

therefore individual errors are still being made and on another day, we would have lost more heavily perhaps  

36 minutes ago, jaf said:

He got the sponsors man of the match. 

Perhaps we ought to have signed him. But then we presumably would have one less social media vigilance officer able to be accommodated in the budget.  Infrastructure of premier league team, playing squad of third tier footballers. 

The infrastructure of a premier league team will evaporate if this ongoing drop into the wilderness is not reversed soon.

43 minutes ago, jaf said:

For the benefit of those not there today, I would say we did play ok. But far from good enough at the same time. And at no time with any real threat  

I would cite 3 examples which would contradict the managers assessment of the game. 

Firstly our best chance probably was created by a marauding run by Sean MacGinty. If Sean MacGinty is our playmaker, we have problems. 

Second, and third  - our 2 worst defensive lapses in the game both went unpunished  a terrible pass by Scobbie which led to a Ross county break ending in a foul by Scobbie just outside box  and a mistake by aforementioned MacGinty leading to banzo taking a good yellow card for the team when the break was looking worrying  

therefore individual errors are still being made and on another day, we would have lost more heavily perhaps  

Spot on there, jaf.

I would say, hardly meant as mitigation, that the defensive lapses wouldn't be so numerous if we didn't have a near empty midfield.  County don't really need an excuse to play long and direct. I'm guessing most on here already knew that, as will all but one manager in our league.

3 hours ago, Z88 said:

Next game v Morton is a win or sack him IMO. They are the only team with worse form than us in the last 6 . https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/253/Tournaments/71/Scotland-Scottish-Championship

I already have doubts about who Caldwell will sign next month. Lose to Morton on Saturday he has to be sacked. Of course we would only be able to do this if his contract has a probationary period. If not we are stuck with him as we couldn't afford to be paying 2 managers who we have sacked this season. We really are a mess at the moment.:mad2:

14 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I would probably look at getting another striker in - someone from Scottish leagues either lower leagues a shankland type or possibly loan. Doolan will be kept on as a coach for his testimonial year but I’m struggling to justify giving erskine a new contract. Time will tell I guess

But who. I don't know of any cos i don't watch anyone other than jags, from caldwell we have no, zero, nada scouting team. No one is actively watching games to scout for fresh blood at a lower level. Just another example if how we have been mismanaged during the good years. No proactivity, no forward planning.

No wonder archie's signings were so poor, he probably scouted on you tube. We need another bobby dinnie

14 hours ago, Hankey said:

How am I sounding unreasonable? You're doing the "aye but who will replace him?" bollocks people done with Archie.  Its up to the manager to identify better players.

Seeing as you would like names though. Heres some. Dario Zanatta, David Goodwillie,  Chris Kane, Danny Mullen, Cammy Smith, Steven Boyd,  Jordan White, Nicky Clark. A bunch of players of a decent age with a good goal scoring record, who are either a) doing well at a lower level b) young players on the fringes of the first team in a league above or c) proven at this level but not first choice currently for whatever reason at their current club, so there smart arse, pick them apart one by one and tell us why we shouldn't bother signing anyone else. 

I rest my case"smart arse" = unreasonable

On the names front, some good suggestions, fancy a job scouting?

13 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

Correct. Alan rough was a great servant and one of our greats but what exactly did he bring to the table when his appointment was heralded by the fans.?  Looking forward to been lambasted by the roughie  club.  The present board resemble the waltons, one big happy family. We need a strong ambitious board with a mean streak. This present marshmallow board are sleepwalking to oblivion. This disgraceful and alarming freefall from our lofty position  beggars belief and totally lies at the door of our incompetent weak board.

Ran out of likes. Spot on assessment of the board

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I already have doubts about who Caldwell will sign next month. Lose to Morton on Saturday he has to be sacked. Of course we would only be able to do this if his contract has a probationary period. If not we are stuck with him as we couldn't afford to be paying 2 managers who we have sacked this season. We really are a mess at the moment.:mad2:

Do you think the board are decisive enough? I don't.

Will Caldwell walk? Again i don't think so. This is last chance saloon stuff for him given his previous record so he has nothing to lose and no way can the club afford to sack him. Then again can they afford not to.

I've said it, you've said it, many others on here too, this board are sleep walking into oblivion and we the fans are powerless to effect change. I for one will be shouting protest at Caldwell on saturday. Not literaly "protest"....then again.......

Just now, Jaggernaut said:

That's two managers that have failed to get this squad to look like anything other than a part-time seaside league team, a poor one.

The second one should never have been appointed had jaqi low listened to britton. We are totally stuffed

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Spot on there, jaf.

I would say, hardly meant as mitigation, that the defensive lapses wouldn't be so numerous if we didn't have a near empty midfield.  County don't really need an excuse to play long and direct. I'm guessing most on here already knew that, as will all but one manager in our league.

that's it in a nutshell,   have been to majority of games,  and it's obvious that opposing managers are aware of this weakness in our team setup

33 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I've said it, you've said it, many others on here too, this board are sleep walking into oblivion and we the fans are powerless to effect change. I for one will be shouting protest at Caldwell on saturday. Not literaly "protest"....then again.......

Well said. I asked a week or so ago what 'we' as fans could do to stop the slide to another relegation. In years gone past I remember larg groups of fans on Firhill road chanting for boards and managers to go. Nowadays the most that happens is a few shouts during a game followed by some moaning on internet forums. Weas fans  really need to make our voices heard and demand change in a more joined up noticeable way.

Just now, laukat said:

Well said. I asked a week or so ago what 'we' as fans could do to stop the slide to another relegation. In years gone past I remember larg groups of fans on Firhill road chanting for boards and managers to go. Nowadays the most that happens is a few shouts during a game followed by some moaning on internet forums. Weas fans  really need to make our voices heard and demand change in a more joined up noticeable way.

Hear hear. Only takes a few to start it. I'm really loathed to shout for someone to lose their job which tempered my behaviour re archiebald cos unlike caldwell he's not rich off the game as a player. 

That said that's not me saying it's acceptable to shout for sacking someone cos he/she's well off. It's cos the board and caldwell are ruining my/our club imho.

In my mind we need more interrogation in the mode of the lad who forensically challenged Caldwell at the Q & A than rather nebulous "sack the board" type protests. Jacqui Low is forever going on about improving lines of communication. Perhaps it's time to test her commitment to that by using some similar means of interrogation? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

In my mind we need more interrogation in the mode of the lad who forensically challenged Caldwell at the Q & A than rather nebulous "sack the board" type protests. Jacqui Low is forever going on about improving lines of communication. Perhaps it's time to test her commitment to that by using some similar means of interrogation? 

Agree with you regarding the gentleman who challenged Caldwell at Q& A.  Did our chair not promise an update video every month and is this months not well overdue ?