Ross County 22/12/18

Jaggernaut

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Do you think the board are decisive enough? I don't.

Will Caldwell walk? Again i don't think so. This is last chance saloon stuff for him given his previous record so he has nothing to lose and no way can the club afford to sack him. Then again can they afford not to.

I've said it, you've said it, many others on here too, this board are sleep walking into oblivion and we the fans are powerless to effect change. I for one will be shouting protest at Caldwell on saturday. Not literaly "protest"....then again.......

I said at the time after we sacked the previous management team we had to get the right guy in. Quite clearly we haven't , we have downgraded not upgraded. Caldwell will find it very difficult to get another job in football management after, as he looks like doing failing at Firhill. The big question and a lot more important as far as I am concerned is what state will my/our club be in.

5 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

But who. I don't know of any cos i don't watch anyone other than jags, from caldwell we have no, zero, nada scouting team. No one is actively watching games to scout for fresh blood at a lower level. Just another example if how we have been mismanaged during the good years. No proactivity, no forward planning.

No wonder archie's signings were so poor, he probably scouted on you tube. We need another bobby dinnie

Ian McCall really was underrated with his scouting system on a shoe string budget. I wonder why Bobby Dinnie and McCalls other scouts left. Pretty poor from someone that they don’t appear to have been properly replaced 

25 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I said at the time after we sacked the previous management team we had to get the right guy in. Quite clearly we haven't , we have downgraded not upgraded. Caldwell will find it very difficult to get another job in football management after, as he looks like doing failing at Firhill. The big question and a lot more important as far as I am concerned is what state will my/our club be in.

Another great point and once again i'm out of likes.......i blame caldwell

Joking aside, dunno who made the point earlier today, possibly big col, if we do go down this season as is looking increasingly likely this manager/boardbwill have set us back 10 years. Not sure on the 10 years but hard to argue otherwise. 

If this comes to pass i don't want to look back and accuse myself of doing nothing. And a Get tae **** caldwell" "resign caldwell" doean't cut it nowadays. I got thrown out of firhill by the police for shouting at murdo mcleod "you don't have a clue murdo. Resign. Resign now". Said i was scaring the kids, i protested the injustice of it all and was threatened with arrestm WTF. Cared then but as a retiree i couldn't care less now. Feck it, dirty protest it is.........

I know this isn't a "Save the Jags" scenario but it's bad enough. If there is to be any sort of protest how do we get it out there. Doesn't seem to be more than 50 or so jags fans on here and many of them seem to be over seas. There used to ne a good 8 of us wwnt home and away up to last season  now it's 4 on a good day. Even our kids need bullied into going. Wish i'd been here for the Q and A. The single guy who got styck into caldwell for it not being good enough should be knighted

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Ian McCall really was underrated with his scouting system on a shoe string budget. I wonder why Bobby Dinnie and McCalls other scouts left. Pretty poor from someone that they don’t appear to have been properly replaced 

Exactly third. Do you not think possibly archie and maxi sat on their laurels and didn't prepare for the future. The evidence suggests through archies signing they were winging it.

I've a pal who is ex pro, ex manager, assistant, coach etc and he says no scouting system is virtually unheard of for clubs the size of ours. Bigger clubs rely on agents recommending their players to a club and or their academy.

We aren't big enough to rely on academy alone. There's plenty older retired guys & girls out there would scout for free. Bobby got a small cut from players signing on and selling on fee's but he mostly did it cos he loved it and loved thistle. I think it's scandelous there's zero scouting bar caldwell and kerr doing it. Real short sighted stuff

Edited by Guest

20 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Exactly third. Do you not think possibly archie and maxi sat on their laurels and didn't prepare for the future. The evidence suggests through archies signing they were winging it.

I've a pal who is ex pro, ex manager, assistant, coach etc and he says no scouting system is virtually unheard of for clubs the size of ours. Bigger clubs rely on agents recommending their players to a club and or their academy.

We aren't big enough to rely on academy alone. There's plenty older retired guys & girls out there would scout for free. Bobby got a small cut from players signing on and selling on fee's but he mostly did it cos he loved it and loved thistle. I think it's scandelous there's zero scouting bar caldwell and kerr doing it. Real short sighted stuff

My late father, who managed an amateur side (in the Highlands - well away from professional football in those days) used to say that scouting would have been easy among the amateurs: all you needed to do was speak to the referees, as they knew where all the talent was.  There is no reason why the same would not be true at professional levels, as officials see different teams every week and get a good idea of where the talent is.

Just now, Fearchar said:

My late father, who managed an amateur side (in the Highlands - well away from professional football in those days) used to say that scouting would have been easy among the amateurs: all you needed to do was speak to the referees, as they knew where all the talent was.  There is no reason why the same would not be true at professional levels, as officials see different teams every week and get a good idea of where the talent is.

That's right outside the box thinking. Your dad was ahead of his time. Were i in caldwells position i'd be open to everything

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

Which team did he manage, Fearchar? 

There are some good games up in the Highland League, proper old style players giving it all. Nothing too fancy.

I’ve been to see Forres Mechanics a couple of times, great little club that.

22 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Sorry, can't help. I've not got the slightest idea why the 85 year old Bobbie Dinnie left.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just watched the (free to view), excellent quality Ross County highlights (PTTV, take note).

A very soft penalty; Sneddon was unlucky not to save it.

Their second goal: shocking defending. Four defenders on two attackers, and not a single tackle goes in, leaving the guy to slot it past the keeper unchallenged. Criminal!

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just watched the (free to view), excellent quality Ross County highlights (PTTV, take note).

A very soft penalty; Sneddon was unlucky not to save it.

Their second goal: shocking defending. Four defenders on two attackers, and not a single tackle goes in, leaving the guy to slot it past the keeper unchallenged. Criminal!

Agree completely.  And the second goal comes from storey trying to win a free kick 60 yards up the pitch (pathetically). 

Given the Scobbie rumours, I think it’s also fair to say I watched Scobbie a lot in first half of that game  he talked a lot and took total charge of the defence  one night think that’s wxactky what we need but I noticed a few times he told people to do entirely the wrong thing usually leaving the player who had listened to him hopelessly out of position