Jack Storer (Away)

Paukea

Lad had lots of real ability but absolutely no surprise he's been released. Never played anything like 90 mins in any game, plus it's fair to say Jack showed signs of having anger management issues. I'd imagine his next contract will have to be carefully worded.

Ironically he should be back to pick up the goal of the season award (if the award exists?). Worth minding that goal was scored on his weaker foot!

Lots of talent and potential. I would love to have seen him develop at PT but had to go.   Would probably be best signing up with a shrink before he signs for another club. Needs a manager who will be really hard on him.

Although he was sent off a few times the red cards were mainly for mouthing off and there may have been an element of poor refereeing as much as anything.  Another point in his favour is that he was one of the few players in recent times that actually put in a challenge on a Celtic player!!! 

Having said that while he was on the park for the first team you always felt we were on the verge of going down to 10 men and at the moment things are hard enough with 11.

1 hour ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Lots of talent and potential. I would love to have seen him develop at PT but had to go.   Would probably be best signing up with a shrink before he signs for another club. Needs a manager who will be really hard on him.

Although he was sent off a few times the red cards were mainly for mouthing off and there may have been an element of poor refereeing as much as anything.  Another point in his favour is that he was one of the few players in recent times that actually put in a challenge on a Celtic player!!! 

Having said that while he was on the park for the first team you always felt we were on the verge of going down to 10 men and at the moment things are hard enough with 11.

I don’t think him being sent off three times, and nearly being sent off a few more times, is indicative of poor refereeing...It’s indicative of his failure and inability to control himself. 

Maybe he does have talent, but aside from the Morton goal he showed absolutely nothing for us. 

I’d be astonished if he doesn’t now end up journeying his way through multiple English non league teams. Can’t see any league club touching him with a bargepole. 

• Like 1

Not surprised in the slightest Storer has gone. He definitely has something about him ability wise but, as well as his on field behaviour, he doesn't seem to have impressed the manager away from the pitch either.

What I was really surprised about was Archibald signing him in the first place. Archie struggled last year with certain sections of the dressing room and he knew Storer was a risk, given his history in England. He always maintained that the players coming in to the club had to meet a certain criteria and Mad Jack certainly wouldn't have met it.  It was almost clutching at straws.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Lad had lots of real ability but absolutely no surprise he's been released. Never played anything like 90 mins in any game, plus it's fair to say Jack showed signs of having anger management issues. I'd imagine his next contract will have to be carefully worded.

Ironically he should be back to pick up the goal of the season award (if the award exists?). Worth minding that goal was scored on his weaker foot!

And foul of the season for the one on Brown (if the award exists)

7 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And foul of the season for the one on Brown (if the award exists)

Did he know who Scott Brown is?

The untouchable, magnificent, role model of Scottish football. If  only our children could all be like this precious, upstanding, Bobby Charlton esque example of fair mindedness and clean living!

How dare our Jack lay a finger on him!  

Jack Storer was exactly the type of player that John Lambie would take a punt on. The difference between then and now is that JL would often release said player 4 weeks later if things weren’t working out. The transfer window and the need to commit to a 5 month contract makes signings like this more risky than ever before.

• Like 2

Hope the guy deals with the problems he has and goes on to fulfill his potential. 

Too many people poking fun at him were he looks to have mental health problems. 

He has lots of ability and don't be surprised to see him play in the Championship or League 1 later on if he sorts his problems out. 

Edited by Alan Murray
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Hope the guy deals with the problems he has and goes on to fulfill his potential. 

Too many people poking fun at him were he looks to have mental health problems. 

He has lots of ability and don't be surprised to see him play in the Championship or League 1 later on if he sorts his problems out. 

Where are you getting the suggestion that he has mental health problems? There’s a big difference between having a temper and having mental health problems, and it’s a bit of a disservice to people with mental health issues to link the two...

I’d be astonished if he ever plays above non league. Aside from that goal v Morton he showed absolutely nothing in any of his appearances with us.