Thistle vs. Morton, 29/12/18

Jaggernaut

2 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Caldwell had conversation with Erskine just before halftime and he is not out for warm up so presume that he is coming on.

GC:Here Chris, are you any better than Storey, Spittal, Slater, McCarthy, Doolan, 

CE:Naw Gaffer, I’m finished, just like Doolan

GC:Get Yersel stripped son, you’re going on!

I always try to be positive but that first half makes it difficult. Ridiculous defending for goal. Neither Slater nor McCarthy can replicate what Banzo does in keeping the ball moving. Penrice at least looks willing to attack but not having much luck. 

Spittal only player on pitch I have any hope will achieve anything in the second half. Bring on Erskine and Fitzpatrick please! 

He needs to go.. Its unfortunate that we will have to pay him off but this is nonsense now.. He has no clue despite what his spreadsheets may say.. For the good of the club they need to make a decision..

I wouldn't trust him with my shopping list never mind a transfer window now...

The board have to hold up their hands.. admit they made the wrong appointment.. and make a good decision for a change.

• Like 5

Just now, dougie247 said:

He needs to go.. Its unfortunate that we will have to pay him off but this is nonsense now.. He has no clue despite what his spreadsheets may say.. For the good of the club they need to make a decision..

The board have to hold up their hands.. admit they made the wrong appointment.. and make a good decision for a change.

I don't expect that board to make any sensible decisions. He will be there until we are actually down.

5 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

That's my thoughts exactly. I'm sure he's doing his best but this is absolutely not working. 

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

Caldwell has been a ridiculously poor appointment, but the fault here can be put squarely at the feet of Jacqui Low and Gerry Britton who (for all Gerry has done for the club) I regard as utter stain-brains with no idea how to run a football club. Everything from recruitment to a conscious awareness of how deep in the sh!t we are  seem to go over both their heads. I cannot believe they are about to hand over a cheque for GC to sign the players he wants next month. It's an utter farce. And until  the fans start making their dissatisfaction very well known and very vocal, I don't think the club will take notice. 

Second bottom of the league going into the New Year. What an utter embarrassment this club is.  

A game we should have never lost with 2 big defensive mistakes 

we were bettter in the second half and dominated 

credit to Caldwell for hooking Keown and going to a back four to give us more in midfield 

after we equalised you felt we could win it till the sucker punch 

feel a bit sorry for Caldwell tbh 

• Haha 1

It's the utter consistency of us that pisses me off more than anything. We have done the same things for eighteen months under two different managers.

Consider: 1) always lose at least one daft goal, 2) always pathetic with set pieces; 3) always try to go down the wings and fail miserably with crosses,4) defence always looks as if they have never been introduced to one another...... I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.

it's only a game, lads!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

If he goes I expect Resignations from the Board also-  as someone has to  be accountable for appointing Two Managers that were sacked in Months - which may be part of the problem - if he goes then he wont be going alone 

• Like 1

Like jagfaelivi, the obsession with wing play really frustrates me, but what about the remarkable inability to control the ball! Watching a ball bounce without challenging is bad enough, but it looks as if just two outfield players can kill a ball with their first touch, nobody ever shouts to ensure he's the only one heading the ball, and getting the ball past one opponent always takes at least two players and (usually) an aerial ball (losing control, or at least offering it up to a challenge). These men are paid to play with a ball, yet they look as if they never train with one, either as part of the squad or on their own (and if they are committed professionals, they should all be doing that). This is relegation form.

He stated he would improve the current team .  we are now worse than before.  Lost at home to a team on a poorer run in 6 games than us. Gifted them two goals. We had 3 shots on target all game. We look like a pub team who never see each other from week to week. Wouldn't trust him with 50p for new players. Get him out now.