Winter window

That 1 jags fan

9 minutes ago, Paukea said:

That’s it official 

Stevie Saunders signs 18 month deal

Hope he manages more than the 10 games he has played in the last 18 months!

The phenomenal English scouting system we heard all about comes up trumps again.......

Edited by jaf

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

Hope he manages more than the 10 games he has played in the last 18 months!

The phenomenal English scouting system we heard all about comes up trumps again.......

I think he will prove to be a solid Championship signing.

must be better than Keown and Jeffries and can also play RB

Edited by Paukea

I don't disagree, he is competent at this level.

My concern is he has not played much football in last 1 months. Falkirk have signed 4 players, competent or better at this level, all of whom have played more football in the past 18 months, so more likely to hit the ground running.

My tongue in cheek point about the English scouts is no reflection on Saunders ability.

12 minutes ago, jaf said:

I don't disagree, he is competent at this level.

My concern is he has not played much football in last 1 months. Falkirk have signed 4 players, competent or better at this level, all of whom have played more football in the past 18 months, so more likely to hit the ground running.

My tongue in cheek point about the English scouts is no reflection on Saunders ability.

Has Osman really played that much football recently?

Though so far emphasis on slightly till I see how they play - maybe better or worse

harkins improvement on storer

saunders improvement on either keown mcginty or Elliott if it’s rb 

if we are indeed signing on odea and Roy then again slightly improvement wise on keown and mcginty and Roy slightly improvement on quitongo who did only score one goal

time will tell I guess 

Saunders, Harkins and Roy.  OK, they were probably not the first names on everyones lips, but you forget how bad the current players have been playing and what they don't have is the defeatist mentality that the current squad appears to possess. They have to bee seen as improvements and I welcome them all and will wait until they have played a few games before passing judgement. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Saunders, Harkins and Roy.  OK, they were probably not the first names on everyones lips, but you forget how bad the current players have been playing and what they don't have is the defeatist mentality that the current squad appears to possess. They have to bee seen as improvements and I welcome them all and will wait until they have played a few games before passing judgement. 

Roy hasn’t signed yet?

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’ve seen enough Thistle signings over the years to know some you thought would be great turn out to be pish and others you thought would be crap turn out to be good ...... so let’s just wait and see and judge the new signings and the manager on actual results 

Totally agree, in relation to players. Regarding the manager, I'm afraid I'm already a fair way down that path...

• Like 1