Winter window

That 1 jags fan

12 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Also Fitzpatrick seems more effective playing in the right wing, than the left.

MIght be my poor choice of words but when I said Cardle could provide more balance than Fitzpatrick it was because Fitzpatrick is more of a right winger. However Fitzpatrick struggles to get a start so is Cardle going to be a starter?

17 minutes ago, dunmorejag said:

If Saunders was getting a game at Livi he wouldn't be interested in coming to us. Got to be cheaper and at least as good as Keown

Yes - I did say thats its hard to beleve that Saunders isn't a better option than Elliot or Keown. Again probably my poor choice of words but I was saying that Saunders should be an improvement.

4 minutes ago, laukat said:

Really not good news. It was fairly obvious on Saturday that Esrkine was the only bit of quality we have.

I thought he was just stuck out on the wing by Caldwell. If he’s been told to find another club I feel he’s been hung out to dry by Caldwell.

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think you meant slater 

Nope, defintely Erskine. Slater was anonymous as was the whole of our attack in the first half. When Erskine came on suddenly we played one touch passes and the Morton defence were worried about Erskine attacking through the middle.

This created time and space for Slater to play in. Thats not to say Slater isn't a good player but Erskine is the one that changed the game. Having a player who can control and one-touch pass at speed at this level is rare. The fact that Caldwell doesn't use him is a sad indictment on the direction Caldwell is taking us in.

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I thought he was just stuck out on the wing by Caldwell. If he’s been told to find another club I feel he’s been hung out to dry by Caldwell.

Until Storey got subbed Erskine was playing in behind Storey and Doolan and it was working. When Storey got subbed Erskine got stuck out on the wing and we ended up going backwards.

35 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Doing a coaching badge doesn’t mean you will be a good coach and they both get paid by the club .... where’s the loyalty ? The same loyalty that kept Archie on way too long ? 

Just now Kris Doolan is already a good coach coaching the u18s  who are doing ok , I’ve no idea about Chris Erskine, but what I would say I wouldn’t let Gary Caldwell mess around with the fabric of the Club , what has he done so far to justify the authority to mess with that .

Whether Kris or Chris Erskine have done much this season is debatable,they are absolutely an example to the young players coming through ,showing what dedication and hard work can do to become a professional player.

Erskine and Doolan have proved what they can do and have most of the supporters trust .

Can you honestly say Gary Caldwell has earned any sort of respect yet .

I can’t 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Hearing that Chris Erskine has been given permission to talk to other clubs...

If true this is a disgrace. Erskine hasn’t had a great season thus far but he has the kind of quality we need and has exactly the kind of attitude Caldwell seemingly says that he wants. If he is replacing Erskine with Cardle - who for all he might be a decent player is still a journeyman signed till the end of the season - then it’s an appalling decision. 

Guaranteed that teams at the top end of our division will battle it out for Erskine, and will get the best out of him. If we let him go we will massively live to regret it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Just now Kris Doolan is already a good coach coaching the u18s  who are doing ok , I’ve no idea about Chris Erskine, but what I would say I wouldn’t let Gary Caldwell mess around with the fabric of the Club , what has he done so far to justify the authority to mess with that .

Whether Kris or Chris Erskine have done much this season is debatable,they are absolutely an example to the young players coming through ,showing what dedication and hard work can do to become a professional player.

Erskine and Doolan have proved what they can do and have most of the supporters trust .

I can’t 

Like it or lump it you have to let Caldwell build his own team. The respect of the fans is irrelevant to who a manager signs or let's go. To be brutally honest both erskine and Doolan have been part of a failing team for 18 months. How big their individual role in that failure is difficult to assess.

2 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

If true this is a disgrace. Erskine hasn’t had a great season thus far but he has the kind of quality we need and has exactly the kind of attitude Caldwell seemingly says that he wants. If he is replacing Erskine with Cardle - who for all he might be a decent player is still a journeyman signed till the end of the season - then it’s an appalling decision. 

Guaranteed that teams at the top end of our division will battle it out for Erskine, and will get the best out of him. If we let him go we will massively live to regret it. 

Erskine has been poor for quite a long time including last season 

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Like it or lump it you have to let Caldwell build his own team. The respect of the fans is irrelevant to who a manager signs or let's go. To be brutally honest both erskine and Doolan have been part of a failing team for 18 months. How big their individual role in that failure is difficult to assess.

If building his own team involves making questionable signings and letting go of precisely the kind of guys who we should be keeping (Erskine) then I’d rather lump it. 

• Like 1

Just now, dl1971 said:

Absolute nonsense, Kris Doolan almost singlehandedly kept us in the SPFL last year and did the previous 3 years with his goals , have a look at Archie’s signings first , maybe that’s a clue ?

19 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I can’t 

this 

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Like it or lump it .

Could you not have used another expression? Get enough of that on a Saturday afternoon as it is.:)

If Caldwell really believes that replacing a hard grafting, trusty not yet past it player with an older lazy, too often disloyal has-been then he's definitely lost the plot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

When was erskines last really good performance?

Erskine has only started two games under Caldwell so he's not really had the opportunity.

I've not seen all games this season but his performance against Falkirk at home was pretty good and in general up until Caldwell came in he was one of our better performers.

From what I can see out of the 4 games we've won this season in the league, Erskine started 3 of them and scored in two of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Erskine & Doolan are doing coaching badges, we need to keep both as they could continue at the Club beyond their playing days.

Both have been fantastic servants & ambassadors for Thistle.

I remember some chap called Erskine jumping ship for DU mid season before an important game. No problem at all with players doing what's best for them but the club / player dynamic cuts both ways.

4 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

I remember some chap called Erskine jumping ship for DU mid season before an important game. No problem at all with players doing what's best for them but the club / player dynamic cuts both ways.

I remember a chap called Erskine taking a significant pay cut to stay on when we got relegated. I also remember him as one of the only players to visibly care in many matches last season as well as this. 

• Like 1