Winter window

That 1 jags fan

58 minutes ago, javeajag said:

When was erskines last really good performance?

When was Storey’s last good performance?  Yet he gets played every week. I’m not in the “must keep legends” but I fail to see why Storey gets a game every week, indeed why we would want to keep him at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

I remember some chap called Erskine jumping ship for DU mid season before an important game. No problem at all with players doing what's best for them but the club / player dynamic cuts both ways.

Think we’re getting a reaction because at this moment we’ve haven’t got that many good players who have done it a good level , at this moment we’re favourites to get relegated because of the defensive system that Caldwell adopts .

Our good attacking players like Doolan and Erskine have been stifled , Erskine has hardly played and Caldwell sees Doolan as a midfield player chasing opposition players back to his own penalty area .

It’s not any surprise to a lot of us where we are at the moment.

7 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I remember a chap called Erskine taking a significant pay cut to stay on when we got relegated. I also remember him as one of the only players to visibly care in many matches last season as well as this. 

Spittal did too but still hasn’t prevented some constantly making him a scapegoat 

12 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

I remember some chap called Erskine jumping ship for DU mid season before an important game. No problem at all with players doing what's best for them but the club / player dynamic cuts both ways.

If anyone wants to question Chris Erskine’s commitment to our club in the four months between signing his deal with Dundee United and the expiry of his contract, they are free to challenge me to a square go.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

Didn’t jump ship at all , he signed a pre contract before the Cowdenbeath game as did Paul Paton , still helped us win the league 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Spittal did too but still hasn’t prevented some constantly making him a scapegoat 

Not sure what that has got to do with the point of my post? Spittal has been one of our better performers this year but still goes missing far too often, as he did last season. 

I think Cardle is a good signing.

Having said that, some are saying Erskine is finished and I am sure Cardle is a day older than Erskine!

So we have now signed two attacking midfield players and both are older than the guy many think is 'finished'!!

51 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

If anyone wants to question Chris Erskine’s commitment to our club in the four months between signing his deal with Dundee United and the expiry of his contract, they are free to challenge me to a square go.

Much as the thought of watching you in a "square go" would be one of the funniest things ever to happen associated with Partick Thistle - Chris was a model pro and it was Thistle who revealed he was on a pre contract deal as he wanted it kept secret  

So.....

the squad is shit we need to sign players in january....ah but not these players I meant other players ......I have a negative opinion on any player Caldwell signs combined with extensive successful powers to predict how any player will perform at  ptfc even before seeing them actually play .... all the players we currently have are now great so don’t let them go .....

fans

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Absolute nonsense, Kris Doolan almost singlehandedly kept us in the SPFL last year and did the previous 3 years with his goals , have a look at Archie’s signings first , maybe that’s a clue ?

Agreed. Archies signings have been awful. You are prejudging Calwells without a ball being kicked as yet....now that's nonsense.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So.....

the squad is shit we need to sign players in january....ah but not these players I meant other players ......I have a negative opinion on any player Caldwell signs combined with extensive successful powers to predict how any player will perform at  ptfc even before seeing them actually play .... all the players we currently have are now great so don’t let them go .....

fans

I don’t think saying that we need to sign players and then being seriously sceptical as to the players signed are necessarily incompatible...

We have just signed a guy who scored two goals for the relegated team last year. Forgive me for not getting too excited. 

1 hour ago, jaf said:

I think Cardle is a good signing.

Having said that, some are saying Erskine is finished and I am sure Cardle is a day older than Erskine!

So we have now signed two attacking midfield players and both are older than the guy many think is 'finished'!!

Agreed. Erskine not finished nor Doolan. Miller is 39 or 49....Boyd 36 I think. Sometimes football dictates that guys move on for a variety of reasons.

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

Hearing that Chris Erskine has been given permission to talk to other clubs...

Gary Caldwell wants Chris Erskine out the door as he fears Erskine will take his job. It has absolutely nothing to do with the team and everything to do with Caldwell trying to save his sorry ass.

Erskine is contracted to the end of the season. He doesn't have to leave.

Dig in Chris.

Edited by AndyMac

It is clear the Board are backing Caldwell. The wisdom of so doing will be revealed in due course.

Personally , I am relatively happy with the transfer business done so far. Will be interested in seeing who else leaves and I am certainly keen that Squiddy stays.

On the basis that everyone on this Forum wants what is in the best interests of PTFC ( and sometimes I have my doubts) , I think it is only fair to give the team & new signings every support and encouragement- whatever your views on Caldwell/ The Board etc . 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I don’t think saying that we need to sign players and then being seriously sceptical as to the players signed are necessarily incompatible...

We have just signed a guy who scored two goals for the relegated team last year. Forgive me for not getting too excited. 

I'm not exactly excited either, but realistic and pragmatic. It may take a miracle to turn this around. I suspect we will know by the end of this month. I'm not overly optimistic but hoping for the best....rather than the worst.